Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 41

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I was in the treadmill for an hour yesterday. The longest I've used it before was probably around 15 minutes. Speed walked most of the time, because I get winded fast when I jog/run.

Then I thought I'd do some bicep curls (or something, I was holding them diagonally) and did like four reps of 15 and I can't extend my arms today

2. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

You pushed yourself! Good work!

ChaseTx likes this.
  3. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

After doing keto for almost 4 months now and losing nearly 40 pounds, I decided to have a cheat meal which ended being an entire pepperoni pizza. I'm now having a time on the toilet. Send help please.

GrantCloud likes this.
  4. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Haha it's amazing what the body does to push out "bad stuff".

clockwise and Nate_Johnson like this.
  5. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

thinking of starting a paleo meal plan for dinner at least, and maybe breakfast (depends on the price). i work 50-60 hour weeks so and i usually go to the gym 5-6 times a week, when im done i usually have no ambition to cook a decent meal after. i thought about meal prep as well but i am into the luxury of just having my weekly meals delivered to me, haha.

so does anyone have any experience with this, or companies i should look into?

6. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I use Hello Fresh and they are cheaper than Blue Apron and the meals are large enough that you can get two meals from each recipe.

GrantCloud likes this.
  7. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

been out of my routine the last two weeks due to vacation. i did crossfit two days with my cousin while on vacation in texas last week and that kind of gave me new ideas/workouts to incorporate into my routine.

Before I was doing the same lifts with 4 setsx10 reps with lighter weight. i built a routine focusing on frequently changing lifts for muscle confusion, 5 setsx5reps with heavy weight. yesterday was the first day trying it out, i can't tell if im sore from being out of it for so long or from working my muscles differently or both. but it's good to be back at it.

RJ Knorr and Nate_Johnson like this.
  8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

And now less than 190. Getting closer to my goal after hitting the heaviest I've ever been (216)

9. Did cardio three times this week. One was a jog and the other two were recreation soccer. So much fun and it feels great to be active again. Now to keep up with it!

Also downloaded the Lifesum app and I immediately liked it better than MFP. It's helping to keep me motivated and when I eat shitty food I feel guilty.

dylan and Garrett L. like this.
  10. musicandlyrics

Xaxa Mckenzie

Let's go for a fit and healthy lifestyle. I need a lot of motivation for my 100days weight loss challenge.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I just got back from visiting my grandma for 2 weeks where they eat fast food or at a restaurant for EVERY meal. I like to think I ate on the healthier spectrum of it (if that's possible lol) but I'm def ready to be back home in the swing of my normal diet and to lose the vacay pounds. In college I used to focus on getting as much food for as cheap as possible, but I'm gonna try to buy less food that might be a little pricier but better for me. I've found if I buy a ton of food it tends to go bad anyway. When I buy less I'm forced to eat what I have. My sister is also moving back tomorrow and she has gotten really good at cooking yummy healthy food so she's gonna help me meal plan.

I was gonna exercise today tho and I just couldn't do it. I didn't want to - and not in the ugh working out sucks kinda way - but like in the depression unmotivated blah way. so idk what to do about that. I might try and go to the park to run tomorrow if I can wake up before it gets like 100 degrees lol

RJ Knorr likes this.
  12. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I can relate! Just last week I visited my girlfriend's family and every single day we would either eat out once or twice somewhere. There was easier access to soda there than to water and like I'm trying to get back to the weight I was 2 years ago!

13. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

45 pounds down. This is the point I thought I'd start eating at maintenance but I'm still unhappy with my belly fat. Maybe I'll start working out my core or something? Idk

14. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Sadly you can't target weight loss in your belly. Google it. You can do core work outs and maybe you'll get some muscles and tone it up, but don't put all your eggs in that basket.

15. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Start doing full body weightlifting. There's a pretty good one a page or two back that someone posted

dylan likes this.
  16. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

As a healthcare professional myself I would tread very lightly and not advise anyone to seek information out on the internet as a lot of it is not proven or researched and are essentially opinions. I totally get that not everyone has access to resources like doctors, personal trainers or registered dieticians but the internet can steer you very wrong.

With that being said, there are certain diets and workout regimens that can help reduce bloating, belly fat and hips. You are correct that it is very difficult directly target that area but there are things that can do to help.

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I know weight fluctuation is normal, but is it normal to swing 8-10 pounds day to day? My weight has always fluctuated and previously, I'd typically only weigh myself three times a week while at the gym, but my wife bought a scale a few months ago so out of curiosity I step on it constantly and my weight is all over the place on a daily basis. I get that foods and drinks will alter weight soon after eating, but literally some days I'll be 187 and other days I'll be 195/196. Don't think scale is broke because my wife has plenty of doctors visits (34 weeks pregnant) and she always says doctor scale is exact same as our scale for her.

18. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Do you get on it the same time every day? If not, try that first. Like when you wake up after you go to the bathroom.

19. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

You're right, I shouldn't have said "can't", but instead very difficult.

20. Garrett

I fluctuate 8-10 pounds a day as well, fwiw. It's mostly water weight--I drink about 150 ounces a day.

21. Garrett

And there is a ton of excellent information on the internet regarding weight lifting and diets, so don't act so randomly haughty and hostile about it. Anyone with a rational mind and a willing to put in the work can find all the information they need to live a healthy, active lifestyle online.

22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Typically yeah, every morning. Usually about 188-191 in the morning...then sometimes after the gym, I'll be down to 187-188. Some nights I'm that low too. I don't know. I can't figure out the fluctuation because I typically do/eat the same thing on most days. Sunday night I went out to dinner and had some beers and chicken/pasta and ballooned to 198...but that's obvious. The next morning I was already back at 190.

23. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I just said to tread lightly. I am acting far from hostile. I see far too many people self diagnose without seeing a medical professional because of the internet.

24. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I think what you are experiencing is normal. You and I weigh roughly the same and my weight fluctuates anywhere from 4-8 pounds daily.

25. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

That is a ton of water. Just make sure you don't become hyponatremic drinking that much. I am all for water consumption, drinking roughly 60-80 oz a day myself.