Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. mvrlou

not to disappear

Thanks! You can for sure do it; if you need tips let me know.

And yeah I had been in that spiral for years too and it took a lot to get out but I never want to go back to that lifestyle. Not just because of how I looked but also bc of how much better I feel in general, health wise.

Firefly likes this.
  2. Firefly

emotional motion sickness

So today was weigh in day. I lost 2lb! Yay. Bringing me to exactly two stone - 28lb. I got a little certificate and a shiny sticker. ^_^

Garrett L. and mvrlou like this.
  3. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Going to my 2nd boxing class today and I'm actually excited. I've never looked forward to working out before, just hope I can maintain the excitement and stay regular.

jmitch0906 likes this.
  4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

So I know one of the tenets of Whole30 is not to look at a scale the whole time. But mom had to go to the doctor and she discovered she's lost 14 pounds in the first 10 days. Now I have a downright insatiable desire to see how much I've lost, especially because I work out way more than her.

5. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

For you FitBit users, do you prefer it over the iPhone's tracking methods? I don't want to invest in that, when my iPhone tells me the same data. Also, what version of FitBit do you use and do you prefer it over another? I started drinking water only, and tracking calories on MyFitnessPal, but ever since my son was born 5 months ago, I don't run or bike nearly as much, so I want to make sure I get the recommended 10,000 steps in.

6. MattLikesSsips

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

I bought a Polar watch not too long ago. I was getting back to working out and I felt I needed something to gauge my time in the gym. I'm not big on calorie counting but this tracks how many calories you burn which helps give me an idea on where I'm at for intake on the day. I mainly use it for the heart rate monitoring. That helps limit my rest time so I keep my heart rate up.

7. Garrett

Everyone who said that after two weeks the cravings would go away lied to me. They're just getting more brutal.

awwgereee likes this.
  8. Firefly

Oh no! :( That sucks.

9. Firefly

Resisted Domino's pizza today. Phew that was close!

10. Firefly

Lost another pound last night. I was away the week before hence not weighing in. How's everyone else getting on?

Arry likes this.
  11. MattLikesSsips

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

My wife and I are doing 100 miles in 8 weeks. Something she found online that she wanted to. I haven't done much cardio so this will be nice to do on top of lifting.

12. Garrett

Whole30 ends for me on Tuesday, but I had to break it for the first time today (I'm really sick) to eat chicken noodle soup and french fries (ultimate comfort food), and if the way my stomach feels right now is any indication of life after whole30, I may never get to eat the food I enjoy again.

13. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Down 9 pounds in 6 weeks. Not much of an achievement or anything, but feels good. Getting a fitbit was the best birthday present.

Firefly likes this.
  14. Firefly

Congrats @cshadows2887 :)

How are you doing @Garrett L.?

Lost another 2lb today, bringing me to 31lb since the beginning of the year. 3 weeks until my wedding anniversary - would be great to lose another 7lb but we'll see :)

15. Garrett

It's day 31! So I enjoyed the crap out of my donut today. But going to really keep up most the Whole30 rules. @Firefly

I haven't lost any weight, but I have noticed a change in my body composition. I've been sick for a week and a half, so I've really slacked off at the gym trying to rest and recover.

16. Firefly

Woohoo! Well done for making it!

Are you better yet? If not, I hope you feel better soon.

17. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

got a fitbit the other day, just synced up and am reviewing all the stuff. i find it disturbing how it knows when i'm sleeping, when i wake up and how often i'm restless during sleep. i mean, it's neat to see but... still... disturbing and it's oddly like being tracked and monitored 24/7.

Firefly likes this.
  18. Garrett

Sorry I missed this! I kinda just transitioned from flu to allergy season so it's just a miserable time of year for me.

Though, transitioning to incorporate some other foods from the end of Whole30 has made it even worse. A lot of foods I love now make me feel downright awful. Starting after Mother's Day, gonna basically go right back on it, though, and finally get back in the gym. Two weeks off has felt awful and I'm sleeping worse. Being sick sucks the life out of me.

19. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I'm losing weight but it's in a really unhealthy way. I haven't had much of an appetite and haven't been eating like I should.

20. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I am approaching my first month eating plant-based and whole foods. I am mostly just plant-based vegan and incorporating as much whole grain and whole wheat where I can, but I am not throwing away some of the regular pastas and such I already have. Plus, I trying to phase different things into my eating habits and phase other things out. It's been a pretty easy transition for the most part. My parents have gotten really curious about it and are looking up new recipes for when I visit a couple times a week. I feel way more ready to go and attack the day. It's really cool. My friend/trainer is slowly getting converted himself haha. I am really excited to see my progress in a few more months.

Firefly likes this.
  21. Old Fuck

Regular

Good luck and good job everyone. My wife just ran the pittsburgh marathon and it has me motivated to run at least the half next year. I'm in pretty good shape but I weigh 225 and running is hard on my knees, I'm trying to get down around 200-210 before the race. In the meantime, I'm training, running 4-6 miles 3 days a week, getting better.
    But anyway, that's my goal. Thinking about trying a vegetarian diet, seeing if that helps, and again, good luck to everyone else. It's hard work but it's all worth it for sure.

Firefly and Michael Schmidt like this.
  22. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

My big goal is by the end of the summer to get back to 230, which is my lowest weight at my adult height, where I was 8 years ago before my life fell apart and I put on 35 pounds.

Keep moving from there. But that's goal #1 though.

23. Michael Schmidt

Good luck sir! My advice beyond some of the obvious general ideas would be to add a few things each week or two while removing a couple things each week or two that don't help your situation. Whether it is foods, less processed food, less alcohol, more exercise, or more veggies, you get the idea. You're smart enough to know you won't lose it all overnight, but you can slowly build yourself up to drop the weight in a sustainable way. I'd imagine you aren't looking to drop weight only to have it return on you.

24. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I food prepped for the week. It's my 1st time.

Firefly and Garrett L. like this.
  25. Michael Schmidt

Nice! How many meals did you make for the week?

I am pretty lucky at work where we have a really good salad bar, black bean burgers, and whole/grain buns and bread. I don't have to plan on packing every day, which allows me to be flexible. I usually try to do a couple meals on Sunday between sports and Game of Thrones.