Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DFW Thread • Page 49

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jakobindeed, Apr 5, 2016.

1. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

this thread sure went quiet after i moved

dadbolt, ChaseTx and dylan like this.
  2. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

I'm coming up on the 16th and 17th for TWY and Kendrick respectively.

dadbolt likes this.
  3. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I was looking at tickets to both of those today. Sucks they're in the middle of the week. I might still check one of them out though

4. DeviantRogue

Kendrick tickets were priceeey!

5. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

We’re going to TWY I do believe

6. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

iconic. still awaiting my payment.

yeah cause we were celebrating so much.

7. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I see. You were all mourning the loss of me.

Makes sense.

8. Fucking Dustin

So we're starting to look at houses in Austin weekend after next. A while back @dadbolt talked about us getting together to go to Trulucks one of these days and I think we should do it before we move.

9. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

10. Fucking Dustin

dadbolt and Ken like this.
  11. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

12. Fucking Dustin

My dad is eating king crab in Alaska right now which makes me want this to happen even more

13. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

down af

dadbolt, Ken and Fucking Dustin like this.
  14. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

What part of Austin?

15. DeviantRogue

People coming to the austin area? :hearteyes:

Your Milkshake likes this.
  16. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

this truluck's menu is f*ckin' me up. looks so good.

17. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I thought they were everywhere, the place is lit

Fucking Dustin and Ken like this.
  18. Have never been to the area before (apart from layovers at DFW which obv doesn't count), but will be spending one or two nights in Dallas the first weekend/week of August. Looking for great veg food recommendations in/near downtown Dallas. Or really doesn't have to be that close to downtown as I'll have a car, that's just where I'm staying bc that's where my interviews are.

Thanks yall!!

19. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

El Palote Panaderia makes some dope all vegan Mexican food and it’s close to downtown. That’s the only place I know off the top of my head but @thesoftskeleton could prob give you a lot more options.

DaydreamNation likes this.
  20. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

El Palote is great. Might be a little out of the way

Spiral Diner is a good one

Tiki Loco is a good veggie taco place in an area with a lot of bars and music venues

21. Thanks y'all, I appreciate it!! This should be a great start, and I for sure don't mind going a bit out of the way to get a good bite haha

dadbolt likes this.
  22. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

El palote is good but I’d consider it a bit out of the way as it’s in the far end of Dallas and nearly in garland. Also it’s a pretty no frills place in a pretty run down neighborhood but the food is definitely very good as it is traditional and authentic style Mexican food and pastries just made vegan.

V-eats is good and in downtown and the surrounding area is interesting if you were keen on having a look around. I had “chicken fried steak” there and it was really good! More gourmet style food

Spirals is like a diner with diner like foods and pretty extensive menu. the Oak Cliff location is particularly cool looking

Pizza Longue is good and they have vegan, gf options or just normal pizza (not sure if you’re vegan or vegetarian).

Blue Sushi Sake Grill is a sushi place that offers a rather large list of vegan option sushi and they’re not just like avocado like they do some really cool and more interesting things like beets, mushrooms, eggplant, etc. There’s two locations, one in uptown and one in north Dallas. They also have a good happy hour for rolls and drinks if you go between 3-6:30 (even on Friday and Saturday!) and 12-8 on Sunday!

Cosmic cafe is quite good too it’s indian inspired place I think it panders more to vegetarian more than vegan but again not sure where you stand but the options become a little limited for vegan but still very good and the place is very interesting it’s all painted and decorated very colorfully and they do yoga upstairs.

A few other good spots that aren’t necessarily all veggie is:
    Tanoshi ramen
    Beto and son (ask for vegan menu)
    Royal Thai

And if you’re gonna be there on a Tuesday or Thursday: blue goose cantina. They only have one vegan option but it’s worth going if you enjoy a cheap and good margarita. ($2 on Tuesday, $3 on Thursday’s)

23. Awesome, this is an incredible guide thank you so much for the detail. I'm a strict vegetarian, just prefer to keep it vegan as much as possible, so everything you mentioned here is totally fair game for me. Cosmic Cafe especially sounds super cool. I'll be sure to report back after my trip in August! Haha

24. Fucking Dustin

Spiral and Pizza Lounge are the only places listed that I've been to and they're great

I think we picked out where we're moving so that's a thing

DaydreamNation and dadbolt like this.
  25. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

Sometime in the hopefully not-too-distant future (when I'm not struggling so much financially pretty much) I'm planning on visiting the DFW area again because I had a super good time when I was in Grapevine for a Dance Dance Revolution tournament at the Round1 in Grapevine Mills and I'd actually love to see more of the area. Any especially cool shit I should check out?

dadbolt likes this.