Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DFW Thread • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jakobindeed, Apr 5, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I've been there multiple occasions. It's right across the street from UNT, so it's mostly a college spot. Most nights they're a dance club alternating between country and hip hop, and most of the shows that come through are smaller country bands. I also saw Bowling For Soup there once.

2. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Gotcha. So is Cam'ron one of the larger acts they've had? Do they usually host national touring acts?

3. ChaseTx

I usually don't know the artists that pay there, but I assume they're touring acts. I don't think of Cam'ron as being big at all though. Haven't heard much from him in the past ten years

4. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, I don't think of him as being "big" either but I looked at the calendar of shows there and it seems like they mostly have local acts, so...

5. ChaseTx

Oh, maybe they are local. I just assumed they were lesser known touring bands.

6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I dunno. May be. I recognized a couple of the names as local, maybe some are touring.

7. TurnItOut

Twitter - @ColinAyes Prestigious

Anybody watching the Stars game? Gonna see some mitts come off soon!

8. ChaseTx

I wish! It seems you need cable to watch hockey

9. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

YUUUUUUP

10. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone going to the Bane show tonight?

11. jmitch0906

Quorn

Ya, couldn't find the stream on Fox Sports Go or NBCSN Extra

12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not a sports guy so I could be completely off, but you might check out SlingTV. It's a Roku app, though I'm sure it's available on other platforms, that allows you to live stream certain cable channels (including ESPN) - It's like $20/month, so you're still paying for it, but it may be your best bet for catching some sports without paying a lot more for cable.

13. jmitch0906

Quorn

Luckily, I personally use a friend's login for various cable channels I don't have but for some reason the Stars game was not listed on Fox Sports go and was then blacked out on NBCSN Live Extra. Was a little disappointed not to be able to watch the beatdown in hd

14. TurnItOut

Twitter - @ColinAyes Prestigious

Reddit can hook you up with a live stream right before game time. Check out the "nhlstreams" subreddit

15. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

i was at the game on Thursday and it was legit. we only paid around $45 for upper level tickets which i feel like would be absolutely impossible in any other city for playoff hockey. The parking situation was horrific though. Not prepared for the turn out at all.

16. Fucking Dustin

Stars games are crazy affordable. Went to the playoffs 2 years ago for absurdly cheap. I wanna go to a Mavs playoff game but I'm sure it'd be pricier :/

17. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

Yeah i was quite surprised by it considering they were seeded number one in the league...doesn't matter i suppose cause it's still hockey in texas. yeah i could imagine mavs would be harder to come by. PS-nice AD avatar.

18. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Not exactly DFW but it's the closest Metropolitan area, anybody familiar with Jacksboro, Texas?

19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone going to the Denzel Curry show tomorrow night?

20. ChaseTx

What are people doing this weekend? I have no plans besides a really noncommittal possible date

21. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

So I am a Chicagoan, but my fiancee is from Dallas. We did the long distance thing for over two years, but she recently moved up here.

But I got to spend a crap ton of time in the DFW area so I felt compelled to contribute here:

1) Jonathan's in Oak Cliff changed the brunch game for me. I can't find anything like it here in Chicago and it kills me. The chicken & waffles, man. Keeps me up at night.

2) I went to the Truck Yard once. When I was there, some random dude sat down next to me and proceeded to chug my beer. When he finished he just looked at me and said "I was dared to do this. Don't punch me. I will buy you a new beer." It was strange. Is this something people do? Spot could be really cool, but the night I was there it was laughably crowded.

3) The amount of driving necessary to get around in Dallas drove me nuts. And the speed limit is obscene. Invest in robust public transit!

4) Serious pizza is for real.

5) Whattaburger. Yes. Well done.

6) And In N' Out? Spoiled.

7) Bishop Arts District is really fun. The Cider Company they got there makes some tasty stuff.

8) Uptown. No.

ChaseTx and Colby Searcy like this.
  22. Fucking Dustin

I hate going to Serious Pizza so much and yet I love Serious Pizza. It's such a conflict.

23. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Is it the line? The constant battle to score a table? Or looking for street parking?

24. Fucking Dustin

The answer is yes

(Parking situation normally isn't too bad for me but the other two absolutely)

25. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

As someone who has lived in Dallas my entire life, you learned well. Good job.

scottlechowicz likes this.