Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DFW Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jakobindeed, Apr 5, 2016.

1. jmitch0906

Quorn

Seeing Joyce Manor there was one of the best shows I remember seeing at Rubber Gloves, really enjoy the venue

2. fronkensteen

Trusted

3. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

unpopular opinon, i seriously dislike uptown. am i alone in this thought or is it just me?! only place there i even remotely like is katy trail ice house.

4. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I like Ice House and I like eating at the Shell Shack in Uptown. Other than that I can't stand it, but I feel like it has more to do with anxiety over parking than anything. I feel like no matter where I park I'll somehow get towed there haha.

5. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

Dang I missed the Denton talk, I love Denton. I live about 5 minutes from rubber gloves, that place is amazing. And whoever is talking about Haileys, that place is very closed down now so RIP all the good places for bands to play here. Everyone should check out Gatsbys mansion, they have great emo shows in a house

6. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

Nice, I was at Julien too! And yeah, 35 Denton is pretty much terrible now, it hasn't been fun since around 2010. Everyone who is going to Denton should check out Mad World Records on the square, it's my favorite record store in the Dallas area

7. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

Yeah the crowd it draws too is generally not my thing. Id much prefer casual, basically dive bars. Katy trail is where i go before Stars games because the prices are decent and it's very casual compared to the rest of the area.
    Oh sweet! I got super drunk at cool beans before the gig and i didnt mean to let that happen. Apparently i was patrolling the bathrooms at one time so like maybe you saw me haha.

Ps im going to lous tonight FYI people

Jakobindeed likes this.
  8. Fucking Dustin

Any night other than tonight id be so down haha

9. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Mad World is great

Jakobindeed likes this.
  10. fronkensteen

Trusted

That record store is enormous.

11. ChaseTx

Anyone know what channels to watch for Mavs & Stars without cable? I know some of the Rangers games are on My27 but that's it

12. TurnItOut

Twitter - @ColinAyes Prestigious

Ugh, I wish. Been trying to get Fox Sports SW for years A La Carte.

13. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

I grew up in Dallas. Went to lake highlands high school. All of my fam still loved there but me.

14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

THIS!!!

I will do whatever I can to avoid Uptown. Just not my scene.

15. jmitch0906

Quorn

On a week night it can be bearable, even fun. But on a weekend... oh boy, so many other options in the Dallas area

16. ChaseTx

Taking my daughter to this on Saturday. There will be alt-country, a Ferris wheel, a midway, and corn dogs. Should be fun for the whole family

If anyone else is going, come say hey!

17. Fucking Dustin

I was thinking about going, that day is like the worst day though haha I've gotten invited to so much that day and it's hard to figure out what my plan is.

18. ChaseTx

Let me know! I owe you beers

19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

That looks like it'll be cool. Super broke right now, so probably won't be going to anything until the following week.

20. ChaseTx

Yeah I don't have much, but this and Texas Frightmare are things I've been looking forward to awhile so I've put them in the budget

21. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Right on. I have like 3-4 shows I'm going to the last week in April so that's what I've budgeted for. Then like 3 more in May so...

22. ChaseTx

Camron is playing Rockin Rodeo guys

23. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

This is tonight?

I knew he was gonna be playing at the Gas Monkey in June or July with Underachievers, but did not know about this. Probably can't make it out to Denton tonight, but I'm gonna try to go to the Gas Monkey show.

24. ChaseTx

Yeah, looks like it is tonight. I was mainly just amused by the venue

25. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Ah, gotcha. I've never been there, but based on the name I assume it's typically a more blue collar crowd.