Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DFW Thread • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jakobindeed, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Chase is here everyone hide

Jk welcome Chase we need some good Denton talk on here too since it's my favorite

ChaseTx likes this.
  2. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I don't make it out to Denton too often, but I've been to a handful of shows at Rubber Gloves and it's one of my favorite venues EVER.

3. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I've never been there. La Dispute played there once and it was sold out when I got there.

4. Fucking Dustin

Haven't been to Rubber Gloves but lived in Denton for about 4 years, it's a great place.

5. fronkensteen

Trusted

I always preferred Hailey's in Denton. Black Moth Super Rainbow played there once and it blew my mind open.

6. Fucking Dustin

Haileys was so much fun. I think I saw The Memorials there, played there a few times too and it was always a blast.

7. ChaseTx

I saw Strawberry Girls at Hailey's , that was awesome.

Also saw Artist Vs Poet there when they were a local band with the singer from Enter The Collector

8. Fucking Dustin

Are they still around after Tarcy left??

9. ChaseTx

They got pretty popular after he left (apparently the guy that replaced him went on The Voice) and according to Facebook they released an album December of 2014, but no activity since then

I also saw Pat The Human there once, lol

10. Fucking Dustin

I forgot all about Pat The Human hahaha. Saw them so many times

11. ChaseTx

It was always an experience. I think I still have their CD too

12. Fucking Dustin

"Rita" is now stuck in my head

Did you ever go to Rock Steady in Plano? Hahaha

13. ChaseTx

Nah I'm pretty sure my friend's band played some shows there but the only venues out there I went to Plano Centre and The Door Plano (which was just an empty storefront my brother's band played at)

14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Need to check out Hailey's (and other venues in Denton)

Rubber Gloves is dope because it's like an underground garage or something. It's a really small concrete room... kinda dingy, but perfect for certain punk/underground type shows.

I believe they've expanded since I've last been there though, so it could be different now.

15. Fucking Dustin

The Door Plano was originally Rock Steady so yeah you've been there, just with a better sound system

16. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

One of the only memories I have of Dallas is falling asleep in Dustin's car literally five minutes into the drive to Austin, waking up in Waco and asking "Isn't this where David Koresh did some shit?" Dustin saying "yep, me saying "cool" and falling back asleep until we got to Austin lol

17. ChaseTx

Oh man, that was a hole in the wall then. Haha

18. Fucking Dustin

This is 100% true. I also destroyed his stomach by introducing him to Whataburger.

19. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

I also know lots about Denton. Lucky lou's is my jam. Also every Saturday until November off the square they have a community market and it's pretty nice. Free yoga 1st and 3rd Saturday there. Lots of dogs present!

i just saw Julien Baker at Rubbber Gloves last month, it what i would assume really good but i was also really drunk. Saw Lydia there twice in the past too. I've seen WHY? at hailey's. What a bummer that Denton 35 (and its various names) went from getting big acts like the flaming lips, jesus and the mary chains etc to the biggest act this year was biz markie lol.

Artist vs poet...that's a name i havent seen in a long ass time.

20. ChaseTx

Yeah i never went to 35 Denton, but I wanted to go to the first few. This year's lineup was like... I dunno, did they run out of money?

Jakobindeed likes this.
  21. fronkensteen

Trusted

I'm still pissed I missed that Why? show at Hailey's.

22. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

I don't know the full story but it went away for a year and now its volunteer ran (i think). I guess that's why Oaktopia festoval is now a thing, I dont know.

23. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Wait this isn't a David Foster Wallace discussion thread?

[​IMG]

Roadsgeek likes this.
  24. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

\
    No, this is where we discuss drug-free workplaces.

ChaseTx likes this.
  25. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Hey man that's cool. I'm Down For Whatever

ChaseTx likes this.