Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DFW Thread

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jakobindeed, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

Since we're all making location threads now, come discuss the best Texas town that isn't Austin. Have you ever been to Reunion Tower? How great is Pantera? Will 635 ever be truly finished? Talk amongst yourselves.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  2. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

When I was in high school I wrote a song about a guy and a girl who were on a date, and the guy didn't want the date to ever end so he chose to take her home by driving on 635 so they could be together forever

3. Jakobindeed

Sounds like a modern classic, I'd listen to it on 635 4ever

4. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yo... Dallas native here. Live near 635 and Jupiter currently. Everyone should post about concerts they will be attending. Next for me is probably David Cross at the Majestic, unless I make it to Denzel Curry.

5. Fucking Dustin

Next for sure is PVRIS then Brand New/Modest Mouse. Trying to go to JMBLYA though

6. Jakobindeed

I'll be at Brand New/MM for sure, hopefully going to the MCS farewell show at Gas Monkey, and seeing Slingshot Dakota in Denton in a couple weeks. Also maybe Edgefest, depending on how I feel/how broke I am around that time

7. I need to go back for more Velvet Taco.

8. Jakobindeed

Velvet Taco is 65% of the reason I get up every morning

Why Bother? likes this.
  9. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Velvet Taco is great, but always super crowded. The buffalo chicken taco is what dreams are made of, though.

I'll be at the MM/BN show too, btw. One of the few people going for Modest Mouse.

10. Fucking Dustin

Same here actually hahaha

11. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

Meet me at Truck Yard, ya fools.

12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

13. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Nice. I'm a HUGE Modest Mouse fan, and while I like BN, I probably wouldn't go see them on their own.

14. fronkensteen

Trusted

Fort Worth is better.

Come at me.

15. Fucking Dustin

Should really be the DFW thread

I disagree but Fort Worth is still cool

16. fronkensteen

Trusted

Fort Worth is cheaper, has less traffic, and there really isn't dropoff in types of places you can go.

17. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

Lord knows, I was making a general statement. If it's nice outside and i get the free time, that's where i find myself though. Although a majority of the time i've been there i've seen some shit hit the ceiling fan. weird mix of people plus those trash can drinks they serve, sloppiness all around.

Less traffic?!?! Maybe once you get into the city but getting there is an absolute nightmare. the construction is awful and 35 is a joke.

18. fronkensteen

Trusted

Yeah, I meant inside 820. I drive 35 daily for work, and yes, it is absolutely BRUTAL.

19. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

Yeah, shit blows. I remember i had to go to the Kimbell Art Museum in FW for school once and i lived in Denton. Left at peak rush hour and that shit took me like 2 hours to get home. I nearly lost my mind and peed myself.

20. Jakobindeed

I got u Fort Worth peeps welcome to the DFW thread

Also 35 is worse now that they've started destroying it next to Denton, it's horrible down here and I avoid it like the plague

21. fronkensteen

Trusted

I drive from around the Alliance area down 35 to downtown Fort Worth every day.

Kill me.

22. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone been to the Amphibian stage in Ft. Worth? They mostly have live theater there, but they've recently started booking comedians. I saw Kyle Kinane and Baron Vaughn there not long ago and will be seeing Jackie Kashian soon. It's a really awesome/small room.

23. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

Alliance is literally where the traffics starts, that sucks. I grew up in Keller, close to Alliance.

24. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I think we should try putting together a list of places with Happy Hour food and drink specials. I used to know of a ton of places that had half price food and stuff different days, but my list is dwindling.

The Anvil Pub in Deep Ellum does half price food every Tuesday.

Barcadia has half price food on Mondays.

I think Vickery Park has something one day.

25. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I wasn't made aware of this.

But hi, I live in the Denton area. Corinth, specifically.

My schedule for April is:
    - Apr 16 - Old 97s County Fair
    - Apr 30 - Texas Frightmare Weekend
    Say hey.