Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DEVS (FX on Hulu) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Sep 12, 2019.

1. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

It better be

2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

the music on this show is so good, both in the music from geoff and ben and the selection of pre-existing songs.

3. Night Channels

Trusted

Damn, this is awesome

I don't want it to end next week

4. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I’m only on the fifth episode so I haven’t been reading this thread...am I the only one who thinks some of the acting is awful in this? I’ve enjoyed Sonoya in other things but she’s terrible in this. The dude who plays Jamie was also really bad in the scene where Kenton was torturing him in the bathtub
    it probably doesn’t help that it’s written so dry and stilted, but Offerman and Kenton are the only people who seem to be putting any effort into it.

riotspray, imthesheriff and Jusscali like this.
  5. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

We have discussed it. To be honest it wasn’t until the very last episode that I felt remotely invested

I Am Mick and RyanPm40 like this.
  6. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yes a lot of people feel that way, but I personally think it's the writing more than the acting itself

I Am Mick likes this.
  7. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Yeah this has actually been a pretty consistent topic brought up in here haha. I think it's a combination of the way the characters are written (a lot has been said about the perceived introverted and awkward nature of some of those who work and deal primarily in tech) and some ineffective performances. Lily has been spotty for me (there have been a few times when my gf and I shared a look about the way she delivered a line or something). I haven't noticed anything else really though, and it has not been enough to pull me out of the show. I love it and think that the story and the writing and the performances of Offerman and Pill have been strong enough on their own. IDK though, it is strange.

imthesheriff, I Am Mick and RyanPm40 like this.
  8. RyanPm40

I've gotta say, between this and AHS, Pill is REALLY good at playing a character meant for the viewer to hate

Jusscali and estebanwaseaten like this.
  9. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I should've mentioned Kenton in the same breath as Offerman and Pill actually.

imthesheriff and RyanPm40 like this.
  10. RyanPm40

Yeah Kenton is great. I think he and Nick Offerman have delivered my favorite performances in this show. Really scary dude.

11. phaynes12

i've had problems with jamie's acting in parts but the bathtub scene is definitely not one of them lol

12. RyanPm40

Yeah Jamie did a great job at acting scared shitless

coleslawed likes this.
  13. Night Channels

Trusted

Stoop Man 2020

14. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

poor Lyndon

15. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

great episode

really excited for the finale

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  16. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

WOW

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. flask

Trusted Supporter

Damn they really ended it right there. I’m on the edge of my seat here folks.

irthesteve, Anthony_ and RyanPm40 like this.
  18. RyanPm40

Holy shit. Did not expect that shit with the homeless guy at all and I LOVED it. Fuck you, Kenton. Poor Jamie, Lily and Lyndon :(

I wonder if Katie pushed Lyndon tbh. Seemed up in the air

coleslawed and trevorshmevor like this.
  19. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Damn, RIP to some real ones in this episode huh

really surprised Kenton isn’t going to be around for the finale

imthesheriff and RyanPm40 like this.
  20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Crazy episode, can not wait to see the finale damn

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Still kinda wonder if Lyndon and Stewart didn't plan for something like this when the talked in last week's episode. Stewart is definitely up to something.

22. I'd really like to know what's going on here from the start of the episode ...

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 1.31.24 PM.png

23. flask

Trusted Supporter

The universe where lyndon didnt die?

24. phaynes12

that's actually super interesting. damn. i didn't catch that. i was under the impression katie knew that in every variation, lyndon died, which made her playing it a little ambivalent and also laughing with lyndon all the more dark.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It’s either a timeline where Lyndon didn’t die or Lyndon was there thinking or whatever before going to Katie’s car.