Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square-Enix, Eidos Montreal, PS4/PC/XBO, August 23, 2016) Video Game • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Vivatoto Sep 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 5, 2016)
    Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Regarding the second visit to Prague when it's night when you have to make a decision that defines which mission you'll do... Morally I absolutely felt like I had to save Allison, but I absolutely wanted to do a bank heist, since I'd done a few on my own and basically cleared out the vaults of the bank and that was fun as hell. Tough decision and I went against my morals for fun. Glad I did because that mission kicked ass, but when I went to check out the apartment where the killings went down that also looked like it would have been sweet. From the beginning I'd wanted to explore that Church place. Sad I missed out
    That's the one thing that I don't like in games with choices. I feel like you can do it without gating off interesting content, but I'm someone who only plays games once.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I chose to save the bomb makers daughter .

Also remote hacking is awesome.

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

You can do other bank heists outside of that mission?

4. Vivatoto

Nah I just mean looting the entire place and using my imagination, haha. How was the other mission?

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

It was cool. A lot of different path ways to explore the level. The final part is pretty cool.

There's a tower of augs who want to self destruct for the "machine God" that you can stop or let them.

Vivatoto likes this.
  6. Vivatoto

Ugh, yeah you got to explore the apartments after the fact so you get to see the tower but it's like, wtf is this!? No explanation.

7. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

i feel weird complaining considering i put 18 hours into this game but holy fuck that ending came out of no where, and i don't mean that in a good way. It felt like the credit rolled randomly half way into the game. when I saw "new game plus unlocked" i was in shock. NOTHING about the final mission felt climatic story wise. the game just ends.... this was a perfect 10/10 till this. ugh.

8. Vivatoto

I've heard that and it makes me really sad because I am digging the story a lot. Jim Sterling mentioned in his video that a different branch of Eidos has been working on another Deus Ex game since 2015 so presumably that's why they did that. I guess the good news is we shouldn't have to wait too long for another game.

9. Vivatoto

So I read the prequel book that bridges HR and MD called Black Light and it was surprisingly good. Apparently the author is also a writer for the games so that's pretty cool. If you're digging the lore I'd recommend it.

10. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Pictures from this game look unreal graphically and stylistically. I'll have to grab it hopefully on sale soon

Cameron and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

It's amazing.

12. Vivatoto

Absolutely incredible game, everything I loved about HR but better, but yeah, that ending was terrible. Definitely feels like they chopped a real ending off to set up sequels, but like not in a cool cliffhanger way, just like a bleh way.

13. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I bet there won't be another Deus Ex game, given the abysmal sales figures :verysad::verysad::verysad::verysad::verysad::verysad::verysad:

Vivatoto likes this.
  14. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Have the sales figures really been that bad??

15. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  16. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

It doesn't help too that Square sets unrealistic expectations. Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs were financial "failures" in their book if I recall correctly.

Vivatoto and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  18. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Square is shoddy at marketing or they just flat out do not market them. Awareness of their games is not good

19. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I've played this for about 3 hours so far and I'm not really that impressed. Lots of the game's features feel really dated. I'm hoping I'll get more into it the more I play.

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

It wasn't til the Golem city mission til I started getting really into it. The different pathways of how you want to approach objectives opens up on that one.

21. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

golem city is pretty much where the game really "clicked" for me. The only thing I consider clunky in the game is the cover mechanics, but even that I got used too eventually. My negativity towards the ending really smoothed over once I realized the first story DLC was coming in only a couple weeks.

22. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

How much is story dlc?

23. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I paid 30usd for season pass.

24. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

mannn

the games been out like a month and there's paid dlc coming out next week? fuck

25. Vivatoto

Damn, didn't know that though it's not surprising. Supposedly the sequel has been in development since last year so we'll see how that turns out, would be really depressing if they cancelled it or drastically cut the budget. I just really want to kill some Illuminati at this point.

I'd like if Square could just fuck off