Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square-Enix, Eidos Montreal, PS4/PC/XBO, August 23, 2016) Video Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is an upcoming cyberpunk-themed action role-playing stealth video game developed by Eidos Montreal and published by Square Enix as a sequel to the 2011 Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Set two years after Human Revolution, Mankind Divided features the return of Adam Jensen, with new technology and body augmentations. It is played from the first-person perspective, with a third-person perspective cover system.

The year is 2029, two years after the events of Human Revolution and the "Aug Incident"—an event in which mechanically augmented humans became uncontrollable and lethally violent. Unbeknownst to the public, the affected augmented received implanted technology designed to control them by the shadowy Illuminati, which is abused by a rogue member of the group to discredit augmentations completely. The Illuminati successfully conceal the truth behind rumors and disinformation, while the augmented are now outcasts from normal humans in an era of "mechanical apartheid". The player character is Adam Jensen, an augmented former private security officer now working with Interpol to capture a terrorist group of augmented humans. Jensen secretly works for the Juggernaut collective, a hacker group helping him to confront the Illuminati.

If you didn't play Human Revolution, watch this nice recap video:

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  2. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

@Cameron

Also reviews are going live FOUR DAYS BEFORE RELEASE!

This is a good sign.

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Sub u dub dub

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So annoyed my pre load didn't automatically download. I was at work for 12 hours, and so ready to play this when I got home. Got to what I assume is the end of the first mission, and it said it wasn't fully installed. Lame.

Had fun with what I did play though. Went for all non lethal on the mission, and tried my best to be as stealthy as possible. One room I had a ton of enemies, and got too cocky.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  5. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Really surprised how gorgeous this looks. HR had about the drabbest color pallet ever. I'm playing stealth but still lethal.

6. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Ended up working on work stuff till 11:45pm so I didn't get to play. Will be diving into this tonight! WOOT!

7. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

the mouse sensitivity on the PC version is whack. I had to put it down to 0% and it was still too fast and felt super weird. Ended up playing Dota instead. Hopefully they fix this problem.

8. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I got to the dude that helps you with augs last night then fell asleep reading his emails. Whoopsie.

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The augments have a lot of trees.

10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah I'll probably go for a slealth, but lethal approach. A lot of situations have gotten hairy where I have to resort to shooting my way out, and I don't have any silencers yet.

Kaduck, Vivatoto and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  11. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm in love with this game.

Vivatoto likes this.
  12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

13. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

played like 12 hours, but taking my time.

14. aspeedomodel

I played 45 minutes yesterday. Enjoyed it BUT........was not blown away...first mission was "eh". Definitely not enough time to make a verdict and I'm sure I'll love this in the end, but yeah started with a stumble I think.

Sensitivity is ridiculous. Need to lower it, it's fucking crazy in a run-in with enemies.

15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I kinda felt overwhelmed at first with the control scheme, the cover mechanics felt weird, and all the sub menus looked really daunting. Now I have a firmer grasp on how everything works, and what augs are passive/not.

Though I wish I would have know that when you save the guy at the bookstore he puts you in the chair, and finds the hidden augs that it erases the augs you had previously. I was really relying on the invisibility, and could have spent those points he gave me on getting it back. Not realizing I no longer had it. Though I have it back now, and did the side quest where you don't have to disable some augs to use others. Though I don't know when he'll fix that for me. I only grabbed the item I need for it.

16. aspeedomodel

Put about 5 hours into this. YEAH Deus Ex game through and through. LOVE IT.

"Okay, campaign mission is this way, let's head on ov...oh...look! a grate!! Where does this lead?! Well, may as well check and see....OMG THE ILLUMINATICONTROL EVERYTHINGGG"

This game is awesome.

Cameron and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  17. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

It's my favorite game of the gen so far.

aspeedomodel likes this.
  18. aspeedomodel

O rly....how far into it?

19. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

main mission 9, and I've done like 7 side missions.

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Says the guy who hyped up Witcher 3, and barely played it!!!!!

21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Loving this game too though. Just got to Golem City. Focusing on upgrading my energy bar/invisibility/hacking.

22. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I've beaten it lol. I replayed it this summer.

23. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

the way in which this game presents discrimination is very powerful. About 4/5 hours in and im completely sold on this being my Game of the Year.

24. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Man I've never played a game in the series but this thread has me probably picking this up next week.

25. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I don't even know wtf the main mission in this game is, I've spent so much time exploring it's ridiculous.