Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Details for Jimmy Eat World’s ‘Integrity Blues’ • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 2, 2016.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Dizzy is EASILY my 2nd favorite JEW song ever. Chase This Light is a phenomenal album.

2. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

The Damage hate is unreal. And if you can't get the damn name right, your opinion of it is meaningless.

3. Bear

Bear the dog. Great Pyrenees/Newfoundland mix

Were there any from Damage?

4. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Honest to God I'm not sure there are five bands who do what JEW does whose best album is better than JEW's worst. They're that freaking good.

5. Maybe they're all fans of Jared Leto?

Zac Djamoos and fenway89 like this.
  6. aniafc

Trusted

With he was announced for SS and they said his name on TV or something, my friend started cracking up. I couldn't figure it out. Then he finally stopped laughing and told me they pronounced his name wrong and it was pronounced like Jared LEETOE.

I have never eye rolled so hard.

7. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Haha that might make it even worse... Honestly though I don't understand how a fan of JEW could possibly not like Damage. But to each their own I guess

8. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

9. xburningcoffin Sep 2, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 2, 2016)
    xburningcoffin

KC

I'm not getting the initial excitement for these new songs like I have with previous JEW releases.

Their artwork for Damage and IB coincides with how generic these songs sound, coming from JEW that's a big letdown. There are great songs on Damage but it doesn't have the lasting value when I compare to their past releases. I'm sure there are gonna be a few great ones on this, I have faith.

10. xburningcoffin

KC

What's your #1?

11. bristphili

JEW always. will always anticipate anything they put out.

12. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Step One, alt version of You Were Good, and Stop Whispering (Radiohead cover).

13. jeff.dart

Regular

they both fell out of rotation pretty quickly for me. i thought damage was boring and absolutely hated the production quality. i'm hoping they bounce back for me with this one, first two tracks released sound great, so far.

14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

15. CMilliken

Trusted

Honestly one of my favorite albums by them. Only third to Futures and Bleed American.

16. dumpweed41

I mean we're probably just looking for different things from them. I love CTL but can't do Clarity, which I understand puts me in somewhat of a minority around here. Damage was (for the most part) lacking the hooks and choruses that I wanted from them. I also think that the story telling felt less personal somehow.

CMilliken likes this.
  17. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

So does anyone here that likes clarity also like their more recent material? Clarity is easily their best imo followed by futures then static. On a side note its sorta disheartening to rarely ever hear about anyone even bring up clarity when talking about JEW.

18. minty901

Hey now. Look at you. Way cool.

47 minutes! That's awesome news. I was worried they didn't have "epic" in their blood anymore after the last album.

fran.182 likes this.
  19. Bryan Diem

Trusted

My dude Mattylikesfilms is hit or miss. He's either on the money about a band or he's not showing JEW the proper respect.

For real though, if you haven't replayed those okay-to-bad albums recently, you should totally revisit them, learn to love them, get fucking STOKED for this album, and then continue to be SO STOKED for this album.

mattylikesfilms and CMilliken like this.
  20. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Clarity is great. It's fairly low on my list of their albums (I probably only like Damage less), but it's a fantastic record.

Full disclosure: as mentioned above, despite Damage being my 'least favorite' JEW album, it would be my favorite album by 95% of bands I listen to.

Related: I don't talk much about Clarity compared to their other stuff, because the discography is just ridiculously deep. But I actually listened to Clarity start to finish each of the last couple days and loved it. Nothing JEW has ever done has ever NOT been top notch.

21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Hahah ok ok I'll revisit Damaged and Chase This Light this weekend since I'm dogsitting anyways while my friends go to Tahoe without me (bastards).

Bryan Diem likes this.
  22. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

DAMAGE.

ekjohnson4, chhholly123 and fenway89 like this.
  23. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

People have to be just trolling at this point... Right? Haha

24. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I mean, I guess the song says "damaging" and "damaged" and never actually says "damage." But still, like...just look at the album cover.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  25. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Chase This Light may not be a great album to throw on while you're bummed out that you're friends left you. Just not the vibe haha

mattylikesfilms and AshlandATeam like this.