Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Destiny 2: Lightfall (February 28, 2023) Video Game • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 22, 2016.

1. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Yeah. Its definitely worth it. They changed most of the content to a book like the sparrow racing book where you get rewards by completing the things in the book. The main story is only 5 missions and there are 4 side quests to get exotic guns. Def worth the look.

2. wordzanddreamz

So initial first impression of the raid. I wish is was longer and harder. kings fall took like 6 hours to beat the first time and this one was completed in 2 hours and 15 minutes.[\spoiler]

3. Anthony_ Sep 23, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 20, 2018)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

To be fair, the fact that a team was able to complete the raid in under three hours the first try doesn't necessarily mean it was "easy" to do mechanically. I think a lot of the reason why the previous raids took so long to complete was because every single boss fight within them was designed as a gear check. In King's Fall (at first) the bosses were at a way higher light level than it was possible to reach without completing at least a few stages of the raid first. In this raid, for whatever reason, Bungie decided to make it possible to over level your characters before you even went into it. There were raid teams who were already at 380 light before even entering a raid that can only award items up to 385 on Normal Mode. Where the recommended light is 370 but the first boss encounter is 350 light.

So, since the actual difficulty of the enemies inside the raid isnt as high as it has been in the past, they raised the difficult of the mechanics instead. For all of Bungie's talk about toning down the mechanics in this raid, that sure isn't what happened. These fights are incredibly mechanics-heavy and require a ton of communication and coordination with your teammates. Especially the final fight, which I won't spoil here, but which is so chaotic and constantly changing that it's impossible to actually have people in set roles for the entire encounter (unlike in literally every King's Fall encounter outside of the Daughters of Oryx, and even then it doesn't get disrupted that much).

This is an incredibly well-designed raid with a totally unique aesthetic and some truly amazing mechanics. It's certainly the most inventive raid we've seen since VoG, and might even be on the same level as VoG. I don't see this raid getting as stale as King's Fall did either, considering how kinetic and crazy it is. Looking forward to running it myself on Sunday.

4. turtledude9

Regular

So does Rise of Iron add much to the game? As someone who wasn't gripped by TTK I'm tempted to jump back in but looking at the features list I see there's just one new strike? And still no raid matchmaking is disappointing.

5. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

No Raid matchmaking is a good thing.

If you weren't impressed with TTK I don't think you'll enjoy ROI as much. It's good, it's definitely a nostalgic featured DLC, and it's kind of a send off of Destiny 1 for the last three years before Destiny 2 comes out sometime next year.

wordzanddreamz likes this.
  6. turtledude9

Regular

I would prefer matchmaking for raids as an option, if only for normal difficulties. At the very least there should be an LFG tool in the social areas.

7. dylan

8. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

bout to get back into this game and looking for people to play with on the Xbox One. I haven't got the new DLC yet but I'll most likely get it in the next few weeks.

9. wordzanddreamz

I already have a daily 3 man crew but we are always looking for raid members. Hit me up on xbone.... FilmNerdFTW

10. RuckerPark

Someone else is in my place. Supporter

I play XBO. VonRuck. Light level 343 right now but I'm down to grind. Play most nights.

11. wordzanddreamz

cool, just added you. i'm FilmNerdFTW

12. RuckerPark

13. wordzanddreamz

Yo Ruck, had a good time last night. We'll def hit you up for some more stuff.

14. RuckerPark

That was fun! I'm down.

15. I gave in and got the expansion. I'm bored with everything I've been playing and have been itching to play a FPS. Will probably play through most of the new story missions tonight since I'm rusty as hell.

People who complain about this game hate the repetitiveness but really I don't mind it. The gameplay just keeps bringing me back. I hope they don't change it too too much with the next one, just re-vamp the classes and abilities.

GettingSodas likes this.
  16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I have to say, that Outbreak Prime quest was a slog and a half. Requiring 1 of each class in a fireteam at all times and making you play through the raid again was just head-scratchingly annoying. Gun is really good, though, at least.

17. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Finally going to tackle the raid tonight, very excited.

Anthony_ and wordzanddreamz like this.
  18. dylan

Going to try to, too. I have a few buddies that were always on during TTK but have fallen off the face of the earth. So me and the other two that have been playing every day are gonna hopefully find someone from reddit to help us through it.

Anthony_ likes this.
  19. wordzanddreamz

have you tried www.destinylfg.net ? thats where i get peeps for my raids.

RuckerPark likes this.
  20. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Awesome, I'm the 3rd guy with a Jimmy Eat World avatar here!

Archons Forge is a lot of fun, especially when there's 6 people. Haven't tackled the raid yet, trying to find the time to dedicate towards it and grind my light level up.

Anyone on PS4? My username is the same as mine on here, just all lowercase. I main a Warlock, currently pretty close to 350.

21. dylan

I'll add you. Dylanagibson on PS4

Anthony_ and Onlyadirector like this.
  22. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

Are you ps4?

23. GettingSodas

I need someone right now lmfao fireteam of 3 vault of glass we are at the last part and we cannot get past I with 3 people

24. GettingSodas

Someone please lmfaoo

25. dylan

Have you added me yet? dylanagibson on ps4

Anthony_ and GettingSodas like this.