Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Destiny 2: Lightfall (February 28, 2023) Video Game • Page 182

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 22, 2016.

1. tvck

Trusted

Man they aren’t playing around with the legendary difficulty on the campaign. This is great. Loving the lore and all the implications.

2. failinginplace

Regular

dude, just, WHAT. This is hands down the best expansion Destiny has ever had, at least going on the first 24 hours and based on the campaign and lore. The in-game lore is fantastic, and I haven't even read any of the lore entries unlocked yet. And that final cut scene what in the absolute fuck

absolutely damn amazing. LOVE. IT.

Supernova likes this.
  3. failinginplace

Regular

all the set pieces are incredible, there's some super claustrophobic areas, and some HUGE areas. all of them feel tied together while being wholly unique (the one exception is the amazing Europa mission inside the... you know...). I'm floored by the scope of this. I also feel like this map is larger than the Forsaken locations but I may be wrong. And I really just want some Finch music playing behind Fynch haha

unrelated: that new glimmer gun emote is fucking hilarious

Supernova likes this.
  4. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

If there’s any xbox people or cross-players that wanna help my friend and I on the last mission of the campaign on legendary mode hit me up. We’ve been struggling on it.

5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

sophos#8352 add me

6. kupe

Regular

How'd everyone do on contest mode?

My team got up to exhibition but just could not manage to finish it. Third room tripped us up a lot. Went for 13 straight hours. Got kicked a few times during Acquisition and just barely got enough DPS to get through the Caretaker as the screen went black

7. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

hit a wall at Caretaker. Second time we've gotten stuck at the second encounter for day 1. i don't think im gonna do them again, it's just too frustrating and ruins the first raid experience for me

sophos34 likes this.
  8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i would like to get into the raiding scene eventually but ive got work to do to make that happen and i havent played in forever cuz elden ring. but i havent forgotten about this game haha i know im gonna dive right back in when im winding down with ER

9. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I had a lot of fun tuning in and out of the race yesterday. Was watching Datto’s team mostly, was crazy that they got 2nd place by only 3 minutes.

10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

11. failinginplace

Regular

i love that they created this story mission to walk you through the first spaces of the raid that opened upon completion. that really hope it helps entice people to jump in and try to find a raid team if they haven't before. and the aesthetics of the pyramid.... wow

sophos34 likes this.
  12. kupe

Regular

I will say the one great thing about attempting this on contest mode was how easy it made regular mode feel lol. Probably the easiest first raid clear we’ve ever had. So nice to not be one one shot by raiders and the stalkers grenades

this raid is definitely going to be a nightmare with lfg groups though due to the symbols and the fact that everyone has to really take part in the mechanics

dylan likes this.
  13. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I'm hoping I'll actual do a raid here soon. I always fall off interest before I can really get to a power level that can run a raid legitimately. Haven't done a raid since Scourge or a dungeon since Pit of Heresy. Watched some of the raid race. Looks very cool. Awesome to finally face a Darkness enemy.

sophos34 likes this.
  14. dylan

lemme know when you're ~1530 or so and want to run. I'm sure I can get 4 others from my clan to teach with me. Same for any dungeons. Also, if you have discord and are looking for a clan, let me know we have a few spots still open.

15. dylan

Finishing the new raid tonight, but I think my updated Raid rankings are:

1. King's Fall
    2. Vow of the Disciple
    3. Wrath of the Machine
    4. Last Wish
    5. Deep Stone Crypt
    6. Scourge of the Past
    7. Garden of Salvation
    8. Vault of Glass
    9. Leviathan
    10. Eater of Worlds
    11. Crown of Sorrow
    12. Crota's End
    13. Spire of Stars

kupe likes this.
    dylan likes this.
  17. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

This reads like a death metal tracklist

Barcara, Onlyadirector, dylan and 3 others like this.
  18. dylan

so much hype. can't wait to craft austringer and beloved

19. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

so as someone who has literally (re-)started playing this game last week.... what's a season?

20. dylan May 24, 2022
    (Last edited: May 24, 2022)
    dylan

So destiny has 1 big expansion each year + 4 seasons. Typically seasons are 3 months long (have been longer due to expansion delays). The way seasons are currently set up is to provide an overarching narrative from one expansion to the other. We're currently in S16 and S17 starts tomorrow. S17 will go to August, and then S18 will go to November, and then 19 to February 2023 when presumably Lightfall will be released. So what happened at the end of this season is leading into next, which will lead us through the following two seasons to Lightfall.

Seasons all each have new weapons, armor, activities, dungeons/raids, and usually a core playlist update. Tomorrow's season will be a trials loot refresh so all new armor, new weapons, and a sparrow for going flawless.

Seasons have a battle pass with an exotic weapon, materials, shaders, cosmetics, emotes, and high stat armor. Increasing your season rank also increases your bonus power.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  21. mescalineeyes

that rocks, thank you!

dylan likes this.
  22. dylan

23. dylan

for sure! If you need people to play with lemme know. We have an active clan and use discord to coordinate events, talk about the game, help people with raids, etc

mescalineeyes likes this.
  24. mescalineeyes

I am so swamped at work it’s my 45 minutes per night wind-down game. Not sure how much time I can commit these days :(

but I did the nightfall for the first time in 5 years!

dylan likes this.
  25. kupe

Regular

Got the Fatebreaker title finally. Maybe my proudest Destiny moment

dylan and failinginplace like this.