Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Destiny 2: Lightfall (February 28, 2023) Video Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Anthony_ Aug 22, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 1, 2023)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

[​IMG]

Welcome to the Official Chorus Destiny Thread, guardians. Destiny 2's latest major expansion, The Witch Queen, launches February 22, 2022. Official Description:

The Witness and its newest Disciple are here. Begin a journey that will reveal the hidden threads that bind us, the ability to unravel them, and the mastery to weave them anew. With this new power in hand, find strength in your fellow Guardians and triumph in the face of annihilation.

Loot, lore, raid strategies, PVP loadouts, memorable moments, LFG needs, all and more should be discussed in this thread.

Consoles: PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PC

More Info: Bungie.net

Onlyadirector and GettingSodas like this.
  2. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

I like Destiny. It gets way toooooooo much hate. I recently uninstalled it for space on my PS$ but it will find its way back. I probably won't get the Rise of Iron but I enjoyed the time I had playing through the campaign missions and playing some with friends.

I wasn't huge into the online back then, surprisingly, but I might re download specifically for that.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  3. Anthony_

First, definitely try to upgrade that hard drive. It's a super easy process. A couple months back I installed a 2TB one that I got from Amazon, took me like 10 minutes not even. Longest part was reinstalling all my games and stuff. IGN outlines the process pretty clearly.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/How_to_Replace_a_PS4_Hard_Drive

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I8O6OQ4/?tag=absolutepunk-20

Second, now is a really good time to get back into it. If you decide to get back into the game, you're going to want to get Rise of Iron. Everything they've been showing has looked excellent thus far.

GettingSodas likes this.
  4. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I played for a while, but didn't have anyone to do the raids with so it was a bummer. I might reinstall it soon for Rise of Iron.

Anthony_D'Elia and GettingSodas like this.
  5. GettingSodas

Yeah I didn't either. Sucks. I had like 2 friends at most playing.

6. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Played this game hard from X-mas to early summer, but then I developed RSI (repetitive strain injury) from the ps4 controller / pressing the trigger finger rapidly. Pretty much can't play anymore.

GettingSodas likes this.
  7. GettingSodas

Wow man you went hardcore.

8. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Yea pretty much haha. Leveled up, did almost every quest, only did the Raid once though, but played alooooot of crucible.

GettingSodas likes this.
  9. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

I'm pretty much a Destiny grinder. Only game I play (other than a little No Man's Sky currently). 2 335 characters and a 334. Can't wait for Rise of Iron.

dylan and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  10. GettingSodas

I thought that said 2335 characters.

11. Anthony_

I have a stack of other games I still have to start/finish but I keep coming back to Destiny as well. I've been mostly just grinding for Crucible and Vanguard packages in an ill-fated effort to get those Year 1 weapons. Still haven't gotten a single Longbow, let alone one with a decent roll on it.

12. Anthony_

Did you guys ever use DestinyLFG.net to try and find raid teams? It's a pretty solid site for getting groups together.

Also, I'm on PS4 over here and my gamertag is APD1026 if y'all ever wanted to raid/play Crucible/run strikes/whatever.

Cgarnsay and GettingSodas like this.
  13. wordzanddreamz

Right now I'm getting the my hunter an exotic future war cult hood. Just hit 25 the other day

14. Anthony_

Those faction exotic quests take forever to unlock and to finish. I've been trying to stockpile materials as well in preparation for Rise of Iron, so I haven't been using my motes to force-level factions lately. I have the New Monarchy and FWC ones on my titan and almost have 25 in Dead Orbit, but none on my other characters.

15. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Who is on PS4? my PSN ID is dylanagibson and I'm on quite often throughout the week. Looking for crucible buddies (as long as it's not Rift or Salvage)

16. GettingSodas

Fine I'll re-download the game hahaha

17. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'm probably going to download tomorrow haha. My PSN is J4thizzle

18. dylan

added you both

19. dylan

weekly crucible is doubles awww yiss

20. wordzanddreamz

Looks like I may be the only xbone guy

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  21. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Starting to get pretty excited for Rise of Iron, I could go for some more Destiny right about now. I love the core shooting and the most of the content is perfectly fine but raiding in this game with friends is such a blast.

22. dylan

Anyone want to get on and play Doubles for Crucible around 8pm CST on PS4?

23. Anthony_ Aug 27, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 27, 2016)
    Anthony_

So, I was doing that (really good) Undying Mind Nightfall farm strat to get Imago Loops. Here's how typical my luck is in Destiny: I got one to drop with Sureshot (yes), Rifled Barrel (YES), Luck In the Chamber (HELL YES)...and Surrounded...

One perk off. One goddamn perk off from a god roll. Would've even taken Outlaw instead, I'm not greedy, not saying I NEED Rangefinder (although that would've been nice). Just something somewhat useful in that first perk slot. Instead I get something totally useless. Then a guy in my fireteam got one with Sureshot, Rangefinder, Luck In The Chamber, and Braced Frame. Wanted to off myself right on the spot.

EDIT: For anyone that isn't aware, the Nightfall can be farmed really, really easily this week. Presumably this strategy should work every time the Undying Mind is the Nightfall and there is void or arc burn as well (solar burn would mess it up for reasons that will become clear in a moment). Here's how:

1. Make sure everyone in your fireteam has a high-impact sniper (LDR, Her Fury, 1K, Longbow, Eirene, Stillpiercer) with whatever elemental damage corresponds with the week's burn on it (this week is Void).
    2. Have someone with a maxed-out Dragon's Breath.
    3. Have at least one titan with a Weapons of Light/Illuminated bubble (but two is better so someone always has it) and have them set it up all the way in the back of the room.
    4. When the boss first spawns but before it starts attacking, have two people land 5 sniper critical hits with Weapons of Light and 1 person land 6.
    5. The two without Dragon's Breath kill themselves.
    6. Person with Dragon's Breath (hunter with invis works best) runs up to the boss, shoots the ground under it with Dragon's Breath while also killing themselves with the rocket.
    7. The boss's health should be low enough that the blast and flames kill the boss at the same time the wipe counter goes to 0, preventing the strike from ending and respawning the entire fireteam in the boss room.
    8. Repeat.

wordzanddreamz likes this.
  24. wordzanddreamz

Shits popping off right now. You can get new exotic side arm and boots up to 339

25. thischarmingman

tweets: @lamebandguy Prestigious

ughhh need to renew ps+ to play this but LSAT is coming up in december fuuuucckkklll