Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Destiny 2: The Final Shape (June 4, 2024) Video Game • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 22, 2016.

1. kupe

Regular

I used to do the raids 3 times every week because I had a solid committed group who was playing, but pretty much lost everyone once WoTM came out. I've done the Vosik challenge on normal, and that was pretty easy. I could see the Aksis challenge being tough on hard mode. I still haven't even been able to run it on hard at all yet unfortunately.

2. Anthony_ Dec 29, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 29, 2016)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

If you (or anyone else) are on PS4 and want to do it next week let me know. Would be happy to help.

3. kupe

Regular

Appreciate it! Kupe1024 on PS4

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  4. Anthony_

I'm APD1026

kupe likes this.
  5. Anthony_

Doing 3 Nightfall runs on PS4 later on (around 5:30-6:00 EST), trying to get Icebreaker still. Anyone wants to join/needs help clearing it, let me know.

6. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Anyone wanna do some Iron Banner tonight on PS4?

Anthony_ likes this.
  7. Anthony_

Anyone still playing Destiny now that some newer high-profile games came out? I jumped into Iron Banner last night to try and grind for a Lingering Song and wound up with one of the best rolls I've ever gotten on a gun before. It dropped with Hammer Forged, Explosive Rounds, and Luck In The Chamber. I think I'm in love. I regularly two-tap people, have a ton of range, and the Explosive Rounds keep people constantly off their game. I got it on my third or fourth match of the night and I've had some pretty incredible games in Iron Banner with this thing.

The Lingering Song, for those who don't know, is a hand cannon in the Ill Will, low rate of fire/high-impact archetype. It's actually the best of the bunch in that archetype however (it includes Ill Will, Judith-D, etc.) because it can drop with some seriously strong stat perks in addition to Luck In The Chamber. Grind for one with Luck, a range increase, and something good in the middle column.

8. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

I'll probably hop back on for the April update but other than that I'm waiting for D2

9. Anthony_

Could be coming at the end of March, depending on what Deej says in TWAB tomorrow. In last week's TWAB, Cozmo said that Deej would be back tomorrow with a "roadmap for March." I'm guessing that we're going to find out some details on one or two reveal streams and in the coming weeks and then the actual content drop either the last week of March or the first week of April.

Still, though, if you plan on coming back for the Spring content drop, and participating in PVP during it, I highly recommend playing for a bit this week and trying for a good roll on the Lingering Song.

10. dylan

I'm on almost nightly, whether it's elimination practice or iron banner this week.

Anthony_ likes this.
  11. Anthony_

Send me a message on PSN if you wanna grind some IB later tonight. I'll be on after work.

12. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

big update tomorrow at 9am PST

13. dylan

choo choo

Anthony_ likes this.
  14. Anthony_

13-page record book with pages dedicated to each class sounds like it's going to keep everyone busy for a while. The old raids coming back with their weapons and armor will add a ton of things to grind for. Looks like the Speaker might be the point person for the content, or at least will set us off on our way for it. Also, if there is a section of the book for SRL, we could be looking at the permanent return of the actual SRL playlist. Also, I wonder how high they'll raise the light cap. 500 is probably going to be the number, but I feel like that might be easier to get to than people think, the way loot drops are now.

Looking forward to seeing what actually gets revealed on Wednesday.

kupe likes this.
  15. dylan

im guessing that they're not gonna raise the lightlevel, just bring everything from yr1+2 up to current levels. We'll probably have to go do the story all over again on Heroic, strikes, and the raids.

Anthony_ likes this.
  16. Anthony_

I don't know, I definitely think a light increase is on the table for a couple reasons. First, they increased it in last year's spring update as well. Second, I think they're going to want to keep us on the hamster wheel as long as possible, and while grinding for VoG and Crota gear will do that, an increased light level will do that even more. Finally, I think they're probably going to want to increase the challenge of all the raids, including WotM and King's Fall, with these probable weekly raids so an increased light level will need to happen to go along with that.

But yeah, it's entirely possible that they don't increase it as well. I just can't wait for this stream tomorrow.

17. Anthony_

18. Anthony_ Mar 8, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 20, 2017)
    Anthony_

Lot of information revealed in the stream today:

General News
    -No light level increase (very bad news)
    -No word yet on fixes for vault space issues, but this will likely be discussed in the loot/sandbox changes stream in two weeks if it's discussed at all (also very bad news)
    -Age of Triumph is the last content drop for Destiny 1
    -Prison of Elders is getting an update as well, although what that is will have to wait for next week; there is a Weekly Ritual node for the Prison of Elders in the new directory
    -There will be some kind of Weekly Ritual tied to story missions but, again, news on this will come next week; thinking this will probably take the form of a kind of "Nightfall Story Mission"

Raid News
    -Vault of Glass, Crota's End, and King's Fall are all getting updated to 390 light, to be on par with Wrath of the Machine
    -Raid Challenges will be added to Vault of Glass (Templar and Atheon) and Crota's End (Crota and...Deathsinger? Who knows)
    -There will be a weekly featured raid, with all of its raid challenges active for that week; the first week of Age of Triumph will be Crota's End, not Vault of Glass
    -All raids will have their 390 light difficulties unlocked on Day 1, and can all be run every week for their regular loot drops, however only the featured raid of the week will have the challenges activated, will drop ornaments, and will have the mystery rewards
    -Weekly featured raids will drop new Age of Triumph ornaments for the updated raid armor sets, in addition to mystery rewards which will be detailed in next Wednesday's Weekly Rituals stream
    -These raids will be "Director's Cut" versions with changes made to streamline the experience and iron out flaws in the design, especially Crota's End and Vault of Glass. One of the changes mentioned was reducing the time spent on Confluxes and Oracles prior to the Templar fight
    -Raid weapons (including Vex Mythoclast and, presumably, Nechrochasm) will be coming back; they made a comment about how the third stream in two weeks, concerning the sandbox changes, will address the issue of elemental primaries but did not confirm that the raid primaries will be keeping their elements (I'm betting it's unlikely, beyond Vex Mythoclast keeping its solar burn and Nechrochasm keeping its Arc burn)

Record Book
    -13 pages
    -Pages include a Raid page, a Trials of Osiris Page, a page for each class, a story missions page, a Collector's page, a page devoted to how long you've been playing Destiny, a Crucible page, a faction rep page, a Strikes page, and an exploration-based page
    -Many of the nodes will be auto-completed once you open the book, if you've ever done them in Destiny; I believe only the Strikes page, Trials page (minus the node for going to the Lighthouse once) and the Crucible page will not
    -Completing the entire record book is not necessary to unlock its final reward, which is a code to purchase another commemorative t-shirt, similar to the Year 2 Moments of Triumph shirt

Next stream is Wednesday, March 15 at 1:00 p.m. EST/10:00 a.m. PST and will cover the Weekly Rituals.

kupe likes this.
  19. Anthony_

Holy shit, Byf with the insanely good catch here re: small details I didn't even see in the Age of Triumph stream.

20. Anthony_

Bungie live stream happening now!

21. dylan

Dirty Sanchez and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  22. Anthony_

Byf seems convinced, and he is the type of person who wouldn't do a video like this if he didn't really think so. I have to agree with him, this looks legit. Also, September 8 is a Friday launch, niceeeeeeeeeeeee.

Also, that's sick cover art for sure.

dylan likes this.
  23. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

So it'll be out on Tuesday Sept. 5th. All those posters are Euro and their games come out the Friday following US Tuesday releases. I'm curious what Bungies plan is. I thought for sure they were waiting for E3, but there's not way if they are sending out promo materials this early.

24. Anthony_ Mar 23, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 23, 2017)
    Anthony_

That's true, I forgot about that. Although some big-budget games have been launching on Fridays in the U.S. lately (Uncharted 4 did, for example, but also all of Nintendo's first-party games launch on Fridays, even in the U.S.). Also, wasn't Destiny 1 a worldwide release date on September 9, 2014? Wouldn't exactly be fair to the rest of the world if the U.S. had a three-day head start. I'm thinking this could be the day for everyone.

25. dylan

I'm guessing:

Announcement: Beginning to Mid April
    Teaser Trailer + Gameplay: E3
    Beta/Pre-Order: July
    Weekly Reveal Streams: Each week in August
    Release: September 5

Anthony_ likes this.