Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Destiny 2: The Final Shape (June 4, 2024) Video Game • Page 170

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Honestly the best advice I can give re: improving as a sniper is to actually go into regular Crucible and try to get those kills. My sniping has improved a ton ever since that quest dropped. Actually having to grind out those shots in a normal environment made me so much better at doing it. And the reward at the end is the best PVP sniper in the game so it helps you be even better once you have it.

JBoch and kupe like this.
  2. kupe

Regular

Building on this, in Trials try to avoid hitting the same sniper lanes. I find that if I miss my shot down a specific lane, to reevaluate and pick a new angle to attack. There's too many good snipers that won't miss a second shot down the same lane. Gotta keep the other team on their toes.

dylan likes this.
  3. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

went flawless on friday on the first card we tried that night and then saturday and sunday were an absolute sweaty bloodbath.

4. Anthony_

Saturday was mostly my fault bud sorry about that

5. tvck

Trusted

Man I'll probably never get flawless unless I get in a streamers run somehow but good luck to all who try! I got a lot better with survival (just to show improvement in a 3v3 mode) over the last couple of seasons but until PL isn't as big of a deal, I'm staying out of it.

6. Anthony_

watch this if you want, I guess. or don't. i'm not the boss of you.

JBoch likes this.
  7. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

I'm pretty out of the loop on D2, any idea what this is? Is this just an announcement of more DLC or like a rework of Destiny?

8. failinginplace

Regular

Bungie has moved Destiny 2 onto a seasonal model and the reveal of the next season is showing up back to back with the reveal of the next huge fall expansion, both being detailed June 9.

While not confirmed, it's all but that this is the Drifter heading towards Europa to meet with Eris (see below). The presumption is the next season (June - Sept) will deal with the Deep Stone Crypt (which is the supposed birthplace of the Exos) and then the fall expansion deals directly with the "darkness" and the flying doritos (the Pyramid ships) that have entered our system and heading right for us. If they pull this off, shit is about to get real.

Eris on Europa:

Onlyadirector, Dave Diddy and JBoch like this.
  9. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I'm fully on board with more Drifter content. He's my favorite character in the story. DREDGENS RISE UP!

10. Anthony_

Haven't seen anything about the Deep Stone Crypt. It's on Enceladus, which is a moon of Saturn, not Jupiter, so I wouldn't expect anything on that front with this reveal.

These videos are teasing the announcement of the fall expansion, which looks to take place on Europa, the moon of Jupiter. Bungie is doing a reveal event on June 9, at which time they will unveil both the fall expansion and the next season of content. The next season of content starts on June 9 also, an hour after the reveal stream.

11. tvck

Trusted

Nothing has been stated that we have to wait until Tuesday for next seasons announcement/reveal, btw. I do expect that since it's probably a spoiler for the fall expansion, but nothing has been said about next seasons reveal.

12. Anthony_

In the TWAB last week Deej confirmed that they will be revealing the next season at the same time they reveal the fall expansion.

This Week At Bungie – 05/28/2020 > News | Bungie.net

13. tvck

Trusted

fuck I missed that. god damnit

Anthony_ likes this.
  14. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I’m a bit worried by the lack of information around this season. Typically when they’re not teasing it means it’s going to be a light season. Although I’m okay with a light season during the summer if it means the fall expansion is great.

15. Anthony_

I think that the reason why they’re doing it this way is because the two seasons are closely related in terms of their plot so it makes sense to reveal them together. Plus, this is around the time when they would start marketing the fall expansion anyway during a typical year.

I don’t think this coming season will be any lighter than the current season or Season of Dawn. It’ll probably be comparable to those.

JBoch likes this.
  16. failinginplace

Regular

I know the DSC is supposedly on Enceladus, I'm just noting that there's been rumors of that finally coming into play. Even a hint or two about the Exo Stranger making her return, though I think that's a bit of a stretch (ok, a wiiiild stretch).

I would love to see this season to be surprisingly filled with random content- the season last year had a new raid (well, it was raid "lair" size), and the menagerie, as well as having the solstice of heroes stuff with the EAZ. Realizing Bungie had VV helping with content obviously makes this less likely this time around, it'd still be nice to see something larger. But who knows.

Also Rasputin is fully powered and gonna blow the Almighty out of the sky on Saturday morning, 10am PST.

17. failinginplace

Regular

and for the record i don't mind not really knowing much about the season before it launches. Bungie in the past has revealed too much i think, and it's nice being in the dark some.

18. tvck

Trusted

Live event at the Tower today at 1edt/12cdt

19. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Fortnite gets Travis Scott...

Destiny got...

Insane Clown Posse?

Regardless may pick this game up again at some point.

20. tvck

Trusted

wut?

21. failinginplace

Regular

there right now, 5min left until.... something

22. failinginplace

Regular

ssssssooooo that was ... something. i'll give bungie props for trying to do something interesting live in-game, but the damn near hour and a half buildup for maybe 5min of cool shit was a massive pain in the ass. good first try, now get better at it.

23. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

I'm mostly excited that they have the tech to do this stuff now, great investment on their part!

Also once they full-send on next gen and leave current gen behind, I think they'll be able to achieve true open world Destiny, and I'm looking forward to that

24. Anthony_

Season 11 title has leaked

Season of Arrivals

JBoch likes this.
  25. tvck

Trusted