Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Destiny 2: The Final Shape (June 4, 2024) Video Game • Page 168

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Has anyone down the “arena” on the moon? What mission/quest do I have to complete to unlock it? I saw the name, but didn’t recognize it. I’m assuming it’s the story.

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Which arena?

3. tvck

Trusted

super jelly

4. Anthony_

Don't be, I was up until 2:30 am each of the last three nights banging my head against the wall trying to find a group that could actually finish it lol.

5. tvck

Trusted

i just want the raid pulse and divinity ;(

6. Anthony_

I got absolutely terrible raid drops. I did three encounters last week and got the fusion rifle and the auto rifle (which are both energy weapons so no upgrade to my power from the second drop, and also the rolls were bad), and a chest piece. This week I did the first two encounters and the final encounter but not the third (long story), got the fusion rifle and chest piece again and then got the class item from the final boss (which was actually good because it was a power upgrade I needed).

No pulse, no sniper, no hand cannon. I can still do the third encounter and grab the second hidden chest this week but I don't know if I'll do that when Iron Banner is dropping enhanced mods and also I still need to do my weekly three kills of Insurrection Prime to try and get Anarchy. And neither of my other characters are raid-ready yet so I basically have to wait until next weeeeeeeek.

7. tvck

Trusted

you can buy 900 gear for the low low price of 2000 silver for your alts! lol

Anthony_ likes this.
  8. Anthony_

My weapons are all high enough that my alts would be able to get to 900 in almost no time lol. I just have to actually go do it.

9. tvck

Trusted

i know, just thought it was hilarious that they added that as an option for silver. you'd have to be pretty lazy to buy that

Anthony_ likes this.
  10. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

slowly climbing the power levels, at 867 right now. I genuinely have no idea wtf ya'll are talking about.

Anthony_ likes this.
  11. Anthony_

if you have any questions just ask!

12. sean_rugy

should I just be collecting all of the gear at this point and equipping the highest power level stuff to get to 900? are the old campaigns worth playing?

right now I'm doing what I think is the New Light quest stuff. I'm unlocking all of the planets and then doing their specific quests until I ultimately end up on Mars by the end of it.

13. Anthony_

The old story campaigns are definitely fun and worth doing if you want to experience them. If what you most want to do is get into endgame stuff, I would focus on gearing up. Don't worry about infusion at all until you hit 900, just swap out whatever you have on for whatever higher stuff drops. And even once you get to 900, you really don't need to start infusing things until you're ready to do higher-level content. Make sure you save all of the good rolls of weapons and armor that you get along the way so that you can infuse them when you start getting up there in power level.

14. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

One of my biggest questions getting back into it is I’m not really sure what a “good roll” is. Like, what perks should I be looking for? From what I hear Rampage is pretty desirable yes?

15. sean_rugy

nice, so I haven't been playing like a complete fool haha I've been basically just been throwing everything into my vault once my max out my inventory to figure out later once I understand the perks/mods more.

Anthony_ likes this.
  16. tvck

Trusted

It really depends on the weapon, like for example, rampage on a sniper sucks. Let me see if I can find a perk guide.

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  17. Anthony_

You should keep purples that have good perk rolls but otherwise dismantle everything that isn’t an upgrade until you get high enough to start infusing the best stuff.

sean_rugy likes this.
  18. Anthony_

it depends on what weapon type you’re talking about and whether you want a good roll in PVE or PVP. The criteria for a good roll is slightly different depending on what content you’re playing.

Generally, though, any perk that increases your damage in any way is good: Rampage, Kill Clip, Multi-Kill Clip, Swashbuckler, etc.

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Not sure. I thought it was the one below the raid. When I’m on again I’ll look

20. Anthony_

Do you mean Vex Offensive? The seasonal activity? If so, Ikora has the quest you need to get in there.

21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yes

22. Anthony_

Definitely do what you need to do to get in there. It's very generous with loot drops and three of the four weapons (hand cannon, pulse, scout) are some of the best in the game currently. Plus it's a really good place to farm bounties for XP.

23. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Just an FYI, you don't actually have to equip higher light level gear to get better gear drops. You just need to not dismantle it and the game auto-calculates what your highest possible light level is and drops gear accordingly.

24. Vex stuff is fun.

even though it’s given me about 35 Imperatives

JBoch likes this.
  25. Anthony_

yeah but if you don’t wear it you can’t do harder content haha