Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Destiny 2: The Final Shape (June 4, 2024) Video Game • Page 164

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 22, 2016.

1. T.J.

music and baseball.

I am getting back into the game. I have a PC coming, so I am switching to that and playing with a friend.

I had a question. I have one level 50 and two other lower level characters. I typically play them all, and plan to do so, so will my lower levels get bumped up with the expansion? I've heard conflicting stories.

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Every piece of gear you own is getting bumped to 750 on 10/1. So all of your characters will be starting at 750.

T.J. likes this.
  3. T.J.

music and baseball.

Thank you.

Anthony_ likes this.
  4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Pre ordered Shadowkeep

Ready for Tuesday

Anthony_ likes this.
  5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Wait was RoI a separate expansion a la Forsaken/Osiris?

6. failinginplace

Regular

Yes-ish. Rise of Iron was one of the big expansions on the September release schedule, like The Taken King, and Forsaken. Curse of Osiris was one of the in-between expansions, like House of Wolves, and Warmind.

Cameron likes this.
  7. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Buddy and I finished Last Wish for the first time last night and both of us got One Thousand Voices. The guy who was our carry completed it for the 10th time and we’re the first people he’s seen get it. I feel bad that he’s been grinding for it and we both lucked into it, but not really hahaha.

failinginplace likes this.
  8. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Everything I’m hearing makes me want to play again.

9. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

This is long as hell but really cool. Summarized everything into one timeline.

Anthony_ and failinginplace like this.
  10. failinginplace

Regular

Hey that happened to me, too! Got carried by a group and it dropped, first try. I know guys that ran it, no joke, over 40 times before 1KV dropped for them. Congrats!

JBoch likes this.
  11. Anthony_

Took me 51 times. Got the Tarrabah on my third. Currently at like 28 Scourge of the Past completions without getting Anarchy. But I don’t run the whole raid anymore I just kill the final boss three times a week.

JBoch likes this.
  12. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I have D2(Blizzard) currently on my SSD which is only 256gb. Going to download Shadowkeep on my 1TB data drive, then delete it from my SSD, then transfer it over to the SSD. 165GB file size is nuts.

I'm pretty stoked to play it; however this week is going to be busy with work, off day with the wife, and gotta get my runs in. I totally be behind where my friends are but I don't really care. They took off work for it. I'll just play when I can.

13. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

51 times!?! Wow, that makes me even more amazed that we both dropped it first completion. Overall drop rate is supposed to be around 10%.

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Probably not gonna be able to start Shadowkeep til the weekend

15. If I own all the content for D2, I only need to purchase Shadowkeep, right?

16. Anthony_

If you own everything up to now, Shadowkeep is the next thing to get. It also includes the seasonal content for Season of the Undying, which will be the current season during Shadowkeep. Season of the Undying will last ten weeks, and then there will be three more seasons in Year 3 that will each require another $10 purchase. Or you can get the Shadowkeep Digital Deluxe Edition that comes with all Year 3 content for $60.

17. cool, thanks!

servers won’t be up until the afternoon tomorrow, right?

Anthony_ likes this.
  18. Anthony_

Not sure, I would think they’d go live at the usual reset time but I’m sure Bungie has said more on Twitter or something. Maybe check @BungieHelp?

19. I’ll check twitter. I seen a bunch of conflicting shit. Some sites said 1pm EST tomorrow and I seen a few people speculate they’ll surprise everyone and throw them up at midnight

20. Anthony_

Yeah I mean that COULD happen but, like, more likely it will be reset time (1pm EST).

21. Anthony_

Looks like it’s tomorrow at 1pm EST

22. tvck

Trusted

Bungie is so tied to those reset times I doubt they would ever do an early release like that lol.

23. Does anyone have a link to an article about how all the gear is going to work now/levels?

I know everyone will be capped at X light level right away but outside of that I’m lost as fuck

24. Anthony_

All gear starts at 750.

From 750-900, all drops in the wild will be increases in power. Don’t do any powerful rewards until 900.

From 900-950, only powerful rewards and Prime Engrams will be increases. Regular world drops will drop between 0-3 power below your current level, though, so you can fill in gaps with them.

From 950-960, only pinnacle activities like the raid or Iron Banner will give increases. 960 is the max power you can reach with your gear.

The artifact is additive to whatever your power level is, but it will not be factored into your drops. It levels up with experience point gains and there isn’t a cap on how high it can go, but it will reset at the end of the season. So if you’re at 900 power but your artifact is +30, you’ll be at Power Level 930 but your powerful gear drops will still be based off of 900.

Does that help?

failinginplace and slowheart like this.
  25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So the $34 version of Shadowkeep is the dlc, and the 10 week seasonal content?

Anthony_ likes this.