Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Destiny 2: The Final Shape (June 4, 2024) Video Game • Page 162

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Anthony_ Jun 24, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 9, 2019)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah so this is currently one of the most controversial topics in the community. The need for Enhancement Cores in infusion is trash and discourages armor build diversity. You should basically be constantly switching your armor and weapons out as you get higher power drops, but if you get good perk rolls on anything you should save it for when you get closer to max power. Once you're high enough to do like the raid or something, then start infusing your best stuff.

You can get Enhancement Cores from Gunsmith bounties, from the Spider in exchange for legendary shards, and from dismantling masterwork weapons/armor. You can also get them from getting to max rank in Quickplay and Gambit. It's quite the grind.

JBoch and VanMastaIteHab like this.
  2. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I hate how difficult it is to infuse gear now, but it's getting better thanks to the daily gunsmith bounties. The power level grind isn't as bad this season too. I'm already getting 745 drops.

Anthony_ likes this.
  3. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

i think i played more this past week than I have since D1Y2 when i was out of college and looking for a job

Anthony_, JBoch and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  4. Anthony_

Nothing will come close to the beginning of D1, Y2 for me, I was obsessed during Taken King.

tvck and dylan like this.
  5. Anthony_

Just checked Time Wasted on Destiny and my D2 hours are starting to creep up.

D1: 1114 hours, 52 minutes
    D2: 834 hours, 48 minutes

dylan likes this.
  6. dylan

yeah i remember i would stay up until 2am for reset on Tuesday, run 3 runs of KF with my clan, go to bed, apply for jobs, run, clean, eat, and then hop back on and Wednesday and Thursday were grinding out weeklies and bounties, and then Friday through Monday was trials, rinse and repeat for like 6 months haha

Anthony_ likes this.
  7. dylan

D1: 1615h 47m
    D2: 533h 24m

Anthony_ likes this.
  8. Anthony_

Yeah I used to do three King's Fall runs every week, try to get into a Trials group on the weekends, and otherwise just grind out faction rep. It's kind of amazing how much time I put into that game when there was nowhere near as much to do in it as there is now in D2.

9. tvck

Trusted

Surprisingly I've spent about the same amount of time on D2, but I didn't jump into D1Y2 until around February after TTK release, and took time off towards the end.

D1 - 897 Hours
    D2 - 688 Hours

10. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I started playing D2 about one year ago and I'm at 265 hours. Didn't really grind until after Foresaken was released.

11. tvck

Trusted

I'm getting the itch real bad to jump back in. First time in awhile I've missed the game, but don't have time to play :(

Figure I'll just avoid the fact that I'm really far behind and will just wait until the next content drop.

failinginplace and Anthony_ like this.
  12. Anthony_

Honestly if nothing that's currently happening in the game looks amazing to you, it's probably better to wait for September. It's basically going to be a fresh start for the game.

13. tvck

Trusted

Oh, game looks incredible to me right now (I would love to try out Menagerie), but as I've stated in here before, going through a Data Visualization Coding Boot Camp until November. Shit's taking up all my time. Also closing on a house in 2 weeks and don't need to pay for PS+. Life working against me, but they are good things working against me lol.

14. dylan

ran menagerie last night before bed and got two austringers that have good/great rolls:
    rangefinder, outlaw, extended mag/drop mag, handling masterwork
    triple tap, rampage, full bore/arrowhead brake, flared magwell/alloy mag, reload masterwork

15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

What is happening in the Broodhold strike? My team just keeps quitting cuz we can’t find the third hive growth...

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So yeah pretty sure that strike glitched out. Cool

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Triple post. Ok this Warden of Nothing strike made up for last night. Loving all the added content since I last played, and all the Forsaken strikes

Anthony_ and dylan like this.
  18. tvck

Trusted

19. Anthony_

Today marks 5 years since the launch of Destiny. Wild.

Cameron and dylan like this.
  20. dylan

Time Wasted on Destiny

I have ~2344.5 hours on D1/2 in 5 years.
    1608hrs on D1
    736.5hrs on D2

That's about
    ~467hrs/year
    ~39hrs/month
    ~10hrs/week
    ~1hr 20 minutes/day every day for 5 years

damn

21. I haven't played this in so long. Probably the longest I've gone ever since it came out. Definitely miss it, but don't miss the grind. Keep hearing great things though.

dylan likes this.
  22. Anthony_

My best attempt at explaining the pricing structure of Destiny 2 in Year 3.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  23. dylan

here's a pic to keep it simple. Only change is Forsaken + annual pass is $25 instead of $40

[​IMG]

Anthony_ and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  24. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ll buy if they put this out on PS5

dylan likes this.
  25. Anthony_

Dirty Sanchez and dylan like this.