Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Destiny 2: The Final Shape (June 4, 2024) Video Game • Page 16

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

I'm liking it. Are all the weapon and armor drops pointless? Can you retain anything for when the actual game comes out?

Richter915 likes this.
  2. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Not pointless as they let you try different weapons and give you at least some incentive to play the beta more than once. But no, you don't keep anything. Except maybe an emblem you get for doing the beta : P

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

OK.

I do not like the Beta strike. It's waayyyyyyy too difficult for a three man group, and no good loot to run with. I just get super mad.

VincewithoutheE likes this.
  4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Idk maybe it's because I'm only used to the vanilla Destiny strikes cuz they were honestly too lax, but I was getting so frustrated with that final boss in this strike. Plus the lift is so annoying sometimes with the current Titan class. I'm trying to go one way, and I end up going the opposite thus falling off.

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Triple post:

On a lighter note. I thought the MP in the first was very underrated. There's no exception here. Having a blast with both options in the beta. Esp the new mode. Tons of fun.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  6. Yeah, the beta is pretty underwhelming compared to the first game's beta. But, it makes sense really. Don't hate it but yeah I didn't have much fun the first time on the strike especially with random people. I'm sure, like raids, you actually need to communicate and help out, which I am all for.

However, the game play is crisper and still the most fun I have on FPS's right now. I'll still be getting this game day 1 for sure.

7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Oh yeah. The shooting mechanics in the first one are great, and this one is no different. I'm sure I'll love the final game. I beat the strike a second time around. I guess I just needed a decent fire team

GettingSodas likes this.
  8. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

Was pleasantly surprised. It was a bunch of the same (Destiny 1.5 claims are very accurate) but it was nice fresh fun. The strike really felt like a mini raid, this game is going to be a lot more fun.

RuckerPark likes this.
  9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I really have to say, though, I think all the talk about feeling underpowered in PVE has been pretty accurate. The changed gun system works great in PVP, where the restriction to two primary weapons and underpowered abilities makes the whole thing feel way more fair and dependent on skill. In PVE though, I want to live out that power fantasy of going in with the most powerful weapons possible and shredding enemies with my grenades, melees, and supers. Right now, it doesn't feel that way, mainly because the abilities are so weak. I'm also worried about fighting bosses with only primary weapons, especially in raids; I feel like the days of raid teams demonstrating their skill and mastery of the mechanics by melting raid bosses in as few phases as possible may be gone. And that's kind of a shame.

I was feeling good last week at the beginning of the beta but as the days went on and I thought about it more, I guess I'm getting more and more concerned.

10. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I loved Destiny 1 even though the game had so many flaws, because the game felt so good. I fully expected some of those (like no match making for raids) to come back and I was still on board, but listening to people talk about the changes with regards to the shotgun actually turns me off hard. I love the shotgun and PvE AND PvP. I might not be on board anymore. I'll have to wait and see.

11. wordzanddreamz

Finished my book last night just in time to order my Moments of Triumph shirt today (the last day). Whew.

RuckerPark and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  12. Anthony_

The campaign really seems like it's going to be stuffed full of content. Very good thing.

GettingSodas likes this.
  13. Anthony_

Lance Reddick was on Rick and Morty last night, so funny.

wordzanddreamz likes this.
  14. wordzanddreamz

IMG_5335.JPG

15. GettingSodas

Grabbed him th other day too. Could not find Atheon though.

16. wordzanddreamz

IMG_5348.JPG
    Just found him.

17. GettingSodas

Amazing!!!

18. Anthony_

Surprised we haven't seen word of a Ghaul one yet.

19. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I need to get these!

Very excited for the release. Can't believe how soon it is

Anthony_ likes this.
  20. tucah

not champ Prestigious

The Destiny Pops are adorable. I should probably pick up a few...

I'm starting to get excited about the Destiny 2 release as it gets pretty close even if I'm a bit bummed because a lot of my old Destiny crew is moving to PC but my PC isn't nearly beefy enough to get decent performance :(

Anthony_, GettingSodas and Joe4th like this.
  21. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Holy moly, rotating your view is soooo quick on PC haha. I gotta get used to it. On PS4 it would restrict how quick you could rotate your view and I think in D1 there were even a special type of boots that would allow you to rotate faster. This is so great. The game feels much easier now, even without aim assist. I noticed they also removed a couple parts to the main story mission and strike that made those easier as well.

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This comes out in two weeks!? Def not gonna beat Persona 5 by then...or Lost Legacy shit

23. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

1 week from tomorrow.

24. Anthony_

wordzanddreamz and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  25. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'm ready for it. I wish it was out this week so I could play over the 3-day weekend.

Anthony_D'Elia and Richter915 like this.