Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Destiny 2: The Final Shape (June 4, 2024) Video Game • Page 159

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 22, 2016.

1. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

D2 should be the focus

2. def gonna get back into this

Joe4th likes this.
  3. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Is cross save the same as cross play? As in, can PS4 and PC players actually play together? Or do you still have to be playing on the same platform to party up?

4. tvck

Trusted

Not the same. Cross save just means you can take your PS4 progress over to another platform. You'll still need to buy the game on the other platforms.

5. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Ok. How does “buying” it work on other platforms though if the base game is going free to play? If I’ve bought forsaken on PS4, will I have it when I start playing on pc?

6. tvck

Trusted

So the F2P portion is Base game + Year 1 DLC's (Curse/Warmind) + the free content that is available to anyone who didn't purchase Forsaken + Annual pass. You will have to buy Forsaken + Annual pass on PC to match up with your PS4 account I would assume if you wanted to move your PS4 characters over. I think they said that pricing would be $40 for all year 2 content.

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  7. What's the weapon meta like now? I was pretty disappointed with the Black Armory exotics and I quit playing right after Joker started. I heard they nerfed a lot of weapons.

8. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Nearly everyone is running Outbreak Perfected (reward from the new Whisper-like challenge) in PvE right now. Lots of Hammerhead/21% Delirium as heavy. Fusion rifles got a huge buff from this week's update too.

9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

PVP on console is mostly pulse rifles and shotguns/snipers. Some of the hand cannons get used (Luna's Howl/Not Forgotten/Last Word, Service Revolver, Trust). For heavy weapons its either Wardcliff Coil or Hammerhead.

10. drewinseries

Drew

Hey all,

Had this game for a while but really just getting into it now. Few questions for seasoned players.

Should I get all DLC? It seems Foresaken is the big, and well received one?

Once you completed the main campaign, is there a way to level a new character, different class for endgame content? Or do you need to grind through the entire thing again?

I'm a hunter currently, but only have arcstrider available, how do I get the other subclasses? Interested in the archer one particularly.

Cheers.

11. tvck

Trusted

For now, you kind of have to grind again. Appears that'll change in the Fall with New Light

drewinseries likes this.
  12. tvck

Trusted

You also unlock the other subclasses as you level up

drewinseries likes this.
  13. Anthony_ Jun 7, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 7, 2019)
    Anthony_

-I believe if you preorder the digital deluxe edition of the new fall expansion Shadowkeep ($59.99) you also get everything up to this point (including Forsaken and the Annual Pass). I would double check on that but when I preordered it last night it gave me a link to download what looked like the full Destiny 2 experience up to now (which I didn't need because I already have it all). It also comes with all of the planned Year 3 DLC that will come out after Shadowkeep.

-Right now, the only way to level a new character is to play through the story campaigns and unlock everything. It's a lot of content.

-To get the other subclasses you just need to play the game and gain experience. The only difference being if you get Forsaken, in order to unlock the new subclass specializations they added there require some different steps.

drewinseries likes this.
  14. kupe

Regular

Forsaken is top tier destiny, i’d definitely grab that.

Shadowkeep looks awesome btw

Anthony_ likes this.
  15. tvck

Trusted

so hyped to go back to the moon

Anthony_ likes this.
  16. Anthony_

Yeah and it being twice as big is really intriguing. I wonder if they include the underground as part of that? Also looking forward to seeing how the old areas have changed.

We better be collection helium filaments too or we riot.

17. tvck

Trusted

Give me Raze Lighter or give me death!

Anthony_ likes this.
  18. T.J.

music and baseball.

So, I booted this back up last night after a good length absence. If I didn't do the Cayde-6 missions on certain characters, I did it with one when it launched, can I still go back and do them again with the others?

19. Anthony_

You can always do any campaign stuff again on another character, yeah.

T.J. likes this.
  20. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

This video is really good if anyone is still shaky on the mechanics of the Menagerie. I played it a fair bit over the weekend and it still holds up. Just really frustrating when you get the one guy in your fireteam who doesn't know what's going on and does dumb shit like start the encounters before someone drops a rally banner.

Anthony_ likes this.
  21. Anthony_

Datto's guides for Crown of Sorrow. I managed to complete it for the first time last night at around 3:30 a.m. EST so I am feeling like absolute garbage today but it was worth it.

22. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

you get your raid jacket ordered?

23. Anthony_

They're sending out the codes via email today after reset. Also idk if I'm going to be able to get it because it's $150 lolololololololol

24. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

get it coward

25. Anthony_

I definitely wanna get it are you kidding me look how sick this thing is

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JBoch and dylan like this.