Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Destiny 2: The Final Shape (June 4, 2024) Video Game • Page 156

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

2. tvck

Trusted

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  3. Anthony_

You're on Xbox right?

4. Anthony_

I'm usually on around 9 pm EST pretty much nightly unless I have something else going on. We all play evening/night though most of the time.

5. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Anthony and I are usually on every night, Dylan is on when he can be. normally around 9 pm EST

Anthony_ likes this.
  6. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Was. On PC now since that’s where all my buddies went. I swear I hope Destiny 3 has cross play with at least PC/Xbox since I don’t plan on upgrading PC’s anytime soon. Running on an 7 year old rig with a hand me down GFX card. At least it plays D2 pretty good.

7. Anthony_ May 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 3, 2019)
    Anthony_

Gotta disagree with almost all of his tiers.

A: Last Wish, Vault of Glass, Wrath of the Machine
    B: King's Fall, Crota's End, Scourge of the Past
    C: Eater of Worlds
    D: Spire of Stars, Leviathan
    F:

dylan likes this.
  8. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

KF
    VOG
    LW
    WOTM
    L
    EOW
    CE
    SOTP

SOS

9. tvck

Trusted

KF was my nightly gaming for like 6 months. Will always have a special place in my heart.

CoffeeEyes17 and dylan like this.
  10. Anthony_

JBoch likes this.
  11. tvck

Trusted

Sucks I'll be in class during the raid launch

12. Anthony_

13. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Is there any new stuff if I don’t have the annual pass?

14. Anthony_

You’ll be able to play the introductory questline. Other than that, no, but there will be content later in the season you can play.

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  15. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Cool, just curious. If I were going to really dive back in I’d probably get the annual pass anyway. Every time I try I get a little discouraged by how far behind I am though lol.

16. Anthony_

The intro mission will provide a full set of gear that will bring your character up to 690 power. The cap is being raised to 750 this season and the first encounter of the new raid is at 715.

17. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I think the annual pass is on sale for $24 through today

18. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Dumb question, but can I even do that intro mission if I’m at like...490-500? I think that’s around where I was at when I last played.

19. Anthony_

Honestly I'm not sure but I would probably say that you can because in all likelihood it will take place out in the normal patrol zones.

20. Anthony_

Not to try and twist anyone's arms but I can honestly say that I've already gotten $30 worth of enjoyment out of the Annual Pass, just between Black Armory and Joker's Wild. I took some breaks from Destiny intermittently since the Annual Pass stuff started but every time I've come back I've had a good time. Penumbra/Season of Opulence looks like it will be the best one yet, too, so now might be a good time to get involved.

JBoch likes this.
  21. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I definitely agree with that. Black Armory and Drifter may have been a bit underwhelming on their own at the time they rolled out, but having all of the content at once, plus Opulence coming tomorrow, I think that cost is nothing to pay for what you get.

Anthony_ likes this.
  22. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

They made it seem like this will be something anyone can do to power up. The goal is to reduce the barrier to entry of picking up the game and playing the new content.

23. Anthony_

The new raid weapons look really cool, with all those Hive runes all over them. The armor looks sick too. Seems like Vicarious Visions really delivered for their last Destiny content.

24. Supernova

Bought a new gaming PC last week since my 8 year old one was giving me problems playing D2. Now it plays at a buttery smooth 1080/60 constant and I could not be happier. Ready for this new content. I know there’s a ton of games out there, but Destiny is the only thing that I’m wanting to play when I do play something.

Anthony_ likes this.
  25. Supernova

Me and some buddies did Shattered Throne a couple of weeks ago. I truly didn’t know what it was really and was pleasantly surprised to find it as a 3 man mini raid. The raid is gorgeous. Bungie still has some world class level design and sky boxes. The lore behind The Dreaming City, the curse, Shattered Throne, and Queen Mara Sov is very interesting. A very cool experience.

JBoch likes this.