Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Destiny 2: The Final Shape (June 4, 2024) Video Game • Page 155

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 22, 2016.

1. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

i only run TLW / tantara gaze

Anthony_ likes this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Tantara Gaze, huh

you absolute fool

dylan likes this.
  3. tvck

Trusted

Man I dropped this game like a sack of potatoes after playing it religiously for 3 years between D1/D2. Really sad. Joker's Wild was not a good DLC.

Whalejaw and dylan like this.
  4. Anthony_

Daddy Calus will make it all better. Get ready to grow fat from strength.

dylan likes this.
  5. dylan

k not getting on now if you're gonna online bully me.

6. Anthony_

Honestly if you don't even know the lore then what use would you even be

dylan likes this.
  7. dylan

im a good teammate in crucible

8. tvck

Trusted

I'll probably be back for next major expansion ;)

9. Anthony_

erm....uh.....

there's apparently going to be a Year 3 Annual Pass without a huge Forsaken-sized September expansion

10. Anthony_

That's true ok you're back on the team

dylan likes this.
  11. tvck

Trusted

[​IMG]

Anthony_ likes this.
  12. Anthony_

That's what the word on the streets is. Although apparently the first piece of Y3 Annual Pass content will be much bigger than what we've gotten in the past, like it'll include a new patrol space and stuff. I'd imagine it would be like a Warmind-sized piece of content in September and then Black Armory/Joker's Wild/Penumbra-sized content drops in December/March/June again. Then Destiny 3 will launch in 2020.

13. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I never finished Forsaken. Maybe someday I’ll hop back in.

14. Anthony_

today is that day

Cgarnsay and VanMastaIteHab like this.
  15. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I've had fun popping in and out grinding my light over over this past week or so. 628-630 light. Haven't played in about 2 months before that. Don't have the annual pass, but I hope it goes on sale before the next content drop as I think that would be smart to put it on sale at that point; then I would get it. I would like some of the annual pass weapons. I don't do much video gaming any more, but it's relaxing to jump into this from time to time.

Anthony_ likes this.
  16. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

As you’ll see from my previous posts in here I’ve been real harsh on this game, deservedly, so I hope that context helps get across the sincerity of what I’m about to say.

I think the Destiny franchise is in the best spot it’s been in maybe ever. While I still don’t like that I had to spend about $100 to “fix” Destiny 2 it’s hard to deny how much good content has come. The Annual Pass in particular has been pretty nice as a stopgap between content droughts and there’s more to do now than ever before between the 3 main raids (although Leviathan is debatable since most of its gear is obsolete), gambit, gambit prime, reckoning, the forges, escalation protocol, pvp, dreaming city, etc not to mention the pinnacle weapons and exotic quests that have been added.

If the leaks are true then we’ll be getting another dlc that’s not quite the size of “comet” DLCs (Forsaken, TTK) but not as small as the other DLCs (first two D1 and D2 DLCs) so something around the size of ROI but a little smaller in addition to another Annual Pass model of content. I’m ok with that and I hope Season Of Opulence/Penumbra continues the trend of these content drops getting better and better

Anthony_ likes this.
  17. tvck

Trusted

I think my main concern is some of the exits that have happened with their crew since they separated from Activision. I'm hopeful that they're bringing in fresh blood and fresh ideas, so we shall see. This will always be my favorite game. I think I just became a little tired after putting so much time in. Plus, life changes and what not.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  18. Anthony_

Some of the departures have been good things (Hamrick/Wisniewski) and others have been bad things (Blackburn) so it's kind of a mixed bag there.

19. dylan

Fuck ham and niewsk they ruined crucible every time they touched it and I’ll never ever forgive them

20. tvck

Trusted

They had some good ideas, but terrible execution. I definitely played way more crucible in D1 tho. Couldn't hang in the team shot meta and never really went back except for when it was needed.

21. Anthony_

Team shot meta is mostly gone now, thankfully. The Crucible is actually in a decent place right now. Problem is we haven't gotten a new map since like December and the meta hasn't really changed significantly for months either. But it's pretty well-balanced right now and there are a lot of viable weapon options in Quickplay, which is good.

22. tvck

Trusted

Oh for sure, I did have fun after some of the updates. I attribute my difference in enjoyment to not having my D1 crew around. PC really fucked everything up for me on Destiny lol.

23. Anthony_

Do you play on PS4 or PC?

24. tvck

Trusted

PS4. Not currently playing however

25. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I may say screw it and just buy the annual pass tonight. It’s only $35, and if it goes on sale it will at most be half off, and I’m waiting 2+ more weeks if it even does go on sale. I want some of that stuff now dammit and I’ve put it off long enough.