Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Destiny 2: The Final Shape (June 4, 2024) Video Game • Page 14

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 22, 2016.

1. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

I agree with them in a sense though. I was hoping for something much bigger than what I've seen so far.

I expected the same core mechanics but maybe like more of an open world or something huge that differs the two games.

2. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Yeah I hear ya. I was just basing my expectations on a lot of shooter sequels and not expecting a huge change. I mean outside of when COD went from boots on the ground to jet packs, they release pretty much the same game over and over. Same with battlefield. So I just figured it would stay pretty similar. One thing I'm disappointed in is that it's still going to run at 30fps on console.

GettingSodas likes this.
  3. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Maybe..... maybe..... Scorpio will be 60fps? Prob not though to keep things level across the Xbox playing field.

I think The Farm social area looks really awesome. Cool idea and I'm excited to chill out in that area and take it in in that part of Earth.

My prediction is that one of the DLC's has the tower rebuilt to the "Tower 2.0" and it will be a new social area like the Reef was.

4. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

I'm really hoping that the rumor that one of the DLCs is related to Osiris is true. Thats a mythology I want fleshed out really bad.

RuckerPark and GettingSodas like this.
  5. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Yeah based on the symbols on the DLC it should be Osiris and then the warminds.

Anthony_ and GettingSodas like this.
  6. Supernova

Pop figures are up to preorder at GameStop.com. I got my Xur and Atheon.

GettingSodas likes this.
  7. tvck

Trusted

Pretty psyched for Destiny 2. I played Destiny 1 almost daily from December 2015-right after last big update. My thought process on the reveal is, I feel they really only showed us a small sample size. I feel like they have to have some great stuff up their sleeve. Only real disappointment right now for me is unconfirmed PC release date. After hearing all the people who tried it on Thursday and how awesome it was, I wish i could jump into PC immediately and not have to buy it twice, once for PS4, once for PC.

That Sentinel Titan though... Can't wait to throw my shield off peoples heads, Capt America style.

8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Interesting Trials news here. Not really seeing anyone else talking about this particular leak.

9. tvck

Trusted

definitely interesting. hoping that whatever the new Trials is, is a little more accessible. Not saying make it dumb easy, but allow scrubs like me in D1 to at least get a shot.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  10. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

What system is everyone getting it on? That'll help decide which one I need to pick up so I have people to raid with

11. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

PS4 maybe PC too if I decide to build my own and invest in that. But PS4 for sure

Anthony_, Joe4th and GettingSodas like this.
  12. GettingSodas

PS4 DAWWWG

Joe4th likes this.
  13. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Looks like PS4 it is!

14. GettingSodas

Woohoo!

15. tvck

Trusted

i'll do ps4 to start, then when it moves to PC i'll probably move there full time. all the hype on the pc version has gotten to me, and i just finished a build in december/january.

16. Anthony_

I'm PS4 all the way for Destiny, mostly because of the exclusive content. Also I have a PS4 Pro and am not currently planning on buying a Scorpio so it'll run better on there than on my Xbox One.

CarpetElf and Joe4th like this.
  17. tvck

Trusted

For sure, I just honestly think i'd be way better at PC shooters. I've always been terrible with a controller on FPS'

18. Anthony_

To this day I still cannot comfortably use WASD for character movement. My fingers aren't coordinated enough. It's the main reason other than cost that I don't play on PC.

19. Supernova

I'll be playing on XB1 and Scorpio once that launches. I've amassed a good bit of friends on that platform. I'll get a PS4 eventually, but prob won't play on both consoles.

So if anyone needs XB1 pals, I'll be up for it.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  20. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Whats up it's cha boi

21. The Lucky Moose

I play on Xbox, staggered sticks for life

wordzanddreamz likes this.
  22. Anthony_

I still maintain that the 360 and XB1 controllers are the best and second-best controllers of all time. Crazy too because the OG Xbox had one of the worst of all time haha

23. The Lucky Moose

Definitly. I think the Xbox One controller is better than the 360 controller, but not by much and the 360 controller just totally changed the... game. It's funny because it has been said that the designers of the 360 were inspired in part by the GCN and that makes sense to me because I feel like there is a clear lineage from the GCN controller to the 360 to the Xbox One controller.

24. Anthony_

Yeah I can see the GameCube influence pretty clearly too. That was also a great controller, honestly.

25. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

It's gonna be a long summer