Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Destiny 2: Lightfall (February 28, 2023) Video Game • Page 173

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 22, 2016.

1. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

we're bestinies for the restinies of destiny

Joe4th and Anthony_ like this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

wait so does that mean if Destiny ever ends, we're over

3. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

don't ask questions you don't want the answers to

dadbolt and Anthony_ like this.
  4. tvck

Trusted

what are yall all playing on btw?

5. Anthony_

[​IMG]

dylan likes this.
  6. Anthony_

ps4

7. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

The Drifter is annoying.

I'm almost 900 though so I'm excited!

8. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I’m on XB1.

Drifter slander is not allowed. Best character in the game after Cayde died (RIP to the gunslinger, two years ago today).

Anthony_ likes this.
  9. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Nope. He's just an arrogant tool. Maybe he gets better? But I have heard and seen nothing good from him.

10. Anthony_

The Drifter is an eccentric goofball, he rules

JBoch, Joe4th and dylan like this.
  11. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

He's been in such little content I've played. What does he play a major role in? Maybe I missed a lot of his story.

12. Anthony_

He's just funny like in gambit and stuff. He was also more fleshed out during Season of the Drifter back in Spring 2019 and he's playing a major role in the current season.

13. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I just hit 900! Super stoked to check out more stuff.

14. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Looks like I've got the itch again, bought Forsaken and Shadowkeep a couple weeks back and just finished most of the quest lines for both, managed to break 1000 pretty quick. Its quite jarring jumping back in after like 2 years of zero time spent with this game. For reference I think the last expansion I bought was Osiris so its been a while. I was extremely burnt out on this game. Season 11 and the Fall expansion have me excited about it again though which is great.

15. tvck

Trusted

I'm just happy that they're giving the other main characters time and the spotlight. Zavala and Ikora have had plenty of time to shine.

16. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Drifter's origin storyline and his involvement with The Nine is super interesting. There's all this mystery around whether he's good or bad and whether he'll betray us in the end. I think he's just truly amoral. Not concerned with any one side, just doing what helps Drifter keep drifting. I love that about his character because it makes him such a wild card going forward.

dylan and Anthony_ like this.
  17. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

What about Forsaken?

18. Anthony_

Forsaken is tricky because really the only stuff in there that’s going to be relevant content come September is the Last Wish raid. So unless you really want to experience that story content and play the raid, I don’t think it’s necessary. But if it’s super cheap right now might as well.

19. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I hate it that I missed out on several of the recent seasonal exoctics. Leviathans Breath, 4th Horseman, Heir Apparent, Bastion...... I had the quests for 3 of these started. Life got in the way and some interest faded a bit at the time. I made progress, but I got to where I needed people to help me but I never jumped on to ask any my buds for help. Now it looks like you can level your season pass to 55 to get an “exotic cypher” to trade for one of 5 recent seasonal guns. Thinking I’ll use it for the bow. I feel though that sort of cheapens the experience of getting the weapons now. The exotic quests used to stay in your log for good but it looks like now they are deleted after the season is over(seasonal quests). Bummer about that but at least I have a way to get at least 1 exotic I missed.

Whalejaw likes this.
  20. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

People are really pissed about how much content is leaving in the fall like half the planets and the Leviathan and a bunch of stuff.

I'm sick of most of that stuff so I don't really care. I'd actually love having to travel between planets less haha

21. Anthony_

The good news is, in year four this won’t be happening. During year three they decided to try a system where all the seasonal content leaves at the end of the season, including exotic quests, but everyone pretty much agreed that that’s not good. So now in the coming year, seasonal activities and exotic quests will be available all year long, while only certain aspects of seasonal content will leave at the end of the given season.

Vase Full Of Rocks and Supernova like this.
  22. Supernova Jun 14, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 14, 2020)
    Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I'm good with it as well. I fully understand why so I'm on board. Also excited to see sunsetting. Will be cool to have use a new rotation of guns in most activities.

Been like 6+ months since I've done any type of raid. Still haven’t done any raid lair or prestige version, or Crown of Sorry, or Garden of Salvation. Me and my friend, one of his buds, and people from that dudes clan jumped into a Leviathan since one had never done it before. We worked on my Legend of Acrius quest line to get me to the point so the raid would drop those tokens so I can get the full gun. Even though I've done it before, I still need every encounter explained to me like I'm 8. It's hard for me to comprehend what to do until we actually get to the trial and error part and I can pick up on whats going on. Love the raid though. I've done Last Wish 1.5 times and I LOVED IT.... except for the symbol stuff. I thought those mechanics were absolute horse sh*t. Complicated for the sake of being complicated.

Dope. I'm hoping they give me a wait to get the other guns down the road (4th Horsemen). Yeah the FOMO thing is good and bad.

- "Oh yeah bro were you there when blah blah blah happened last month? It was so cool. Glad I could say I was able to do it."
    - "Nah bro my grandma died and we had to move to Texas for a few weeks to help from the fallout of that and close out her estate and we had to get a lawyer to help because the family started fighting"
    - "oh man that sucks. You missed out on a sweet Sword"

Anthony_ likes this.
  23. tvck

Trusted

I assume they will eventually be added to the loot pool like previous exotic quests/timegated weapons (like Thunderlord)

24. Is anyone playing on PC?

25. Anthony_

not sure, I think most of us are on PS4

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.