Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Destiny 2: Lightfall (February 28, 2023) Video Game • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 22, 2016.

1. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

I'm so fucking hype and so sad that everyone on here only plays ps4

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Can't wait for this to be like $10-15.

3. wordzanddreamz Sep 19, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 19, 2016)
    wordzanddreamz

armory is updated.

12 "new" exotics... quotes because Gally and Thorn"
    also matador is back and hopscotch pilgrim

4. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

I want that SIVA pule rifle real bad. Also not ready to see Thorn in Trials again. ugh.

wordzanddreamz likes this.
  5. turtledude9

Regular

I'm sad that I have no interest in this. Was hyped as fuck for TTK this time last year and it flopped for me. Totally lost interest after a week and have hardly touched the game since.

I spent so long in vanilla too, but the whole hubbub about the plot being cut and gameplay features being trimmed before release turned me away when it all came to light.

dylan likes this.
  6. dylan

Mid-way through TTK I was pissed at the game. So many things were wrong with it (raid had so many bugs like disappearing ogres, wiping in the shade of oryx), crucible was a lagfest from a secret netcode update, fusion rifles were nerfed hardcore, etc etc etc. Whenever they fired, I mean whenever Harold Ryan stepped down, Destiny took a 180, for the better I think.

The april update and all subsequent updates have made me fall in love with the game again. I'm super looking forward to ROI and I hope it's going to be amazing.

7. turtledude9

Regular

Maybe when I'm done with WoW and Deus Ex I'll have a good look into what's coming in ROI and pick it up towards Christmas. I don't even have a clue what's in the update or the one back in April.

8. dylan

ROI is a new story, strikes, and raid centered around the Fallen. Lots of new exotics, bringing back old exotics (thorn, gjallerhorn, etc), a new challenge area like court of oryx but for fallen, etc.

April update had a lot of QOL improvement, namely infusion of materials is now 1to1, balancing weapons (fusion rifles are useful again!), balancing subclasses (hammers are no longer invincible), and lots more. Definitely worth checking out again if you enjoyed Y1.

9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

So, the raid weapons were released in that Armory update and...woah boy. Not good. Don't want to spoil anything for anyone avoiding weapon spoilers but damn, they are incredibly disappointing.

dylan likes this.
  10. dylan

Any worse than the kings fall weapons?

11. Anthony_

They're better than those for sure, because nothing could be worse than those, but they're bad in a different way.

12. Anthony_ Sep 20, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 20, 2016)
    Anthony_

Important Vendor Weapon Announcement:

The new Crucible Hand Cannon (The Palindrome) is the same archetype as Eyasluna. The vendor is selling an insanely good roll that has Truesight IS, Spray and Play/Mulligan, Rifled Barrel, and Rangefinder. This is going to be a PVP beast. If you pick any vendor weapons up, make sure it's this one.

The new Dead Orbit Shotgun is the Matador 64 archetype and the one being sold has a solid roll with Rangefinder, Hammer Forged, and a range increase in the barrel as well.

The New Monarchy auto rifle is a Doctrine of Passing archetype. The vendor roll has Counterbalance/Perfect Balance. Solid pickup as well.

Supernova and dylan like this.
  13. dylan

FWC has a handcannnon, fusion rifle, and scout rifle worth picking up as well. I noticed it this morning when I was decrypting all my engrams. Only boosted me a few levels, but it's a start whenever I dig into the story after work today. IM SO STOKED

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  14. wordzanddreamz

Yeah i got up to 340 before i had to leave for work. Can't wait to get off so i can jam.

15. wade

*DX CHOP*

today is the longest work day

16. dylan

It's killing me. I wanna get that Khvotsov exotic and gjallerhorn quests done as soon as I get home

17. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Man, it feels good to be back in Destiny.

dylan and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  18. Anthony_

After work I have two story missions left and then I'm going to start Archon's Forge grinding, most likely. Anyone on PS4 that wants to join (around 7-ish EST probably) my PSN tag is APD1026.

19. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

Complete a raid, complete a raid on hard, complete a raid with a full fireteam without anyone dying

dylan likes this.
  20. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

If anybody ever wants to play on Xbox, add me supernovaEX and send me a message if you want to play. 338 light(never got to 335). Working on getting geared up for the raid as is everyone.

I never fully finished Kings Fall raid which is a bummer. All my friends that play already have friends they run with......

Also I never play Trials, but I'm going to start because I HAVE to have that armor set. (Hunter main)

21. dylan

do you play elimination? It's good practice for Trials.

22. wordzanddreamz

I'll add you tonight. I'm up to 353. The grind is so real.

23. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I did trails a couple times, and did elimination some, but only to complete the crucible quest line. Usually to stressful for my tastes.

Cool deal. Yeah I'm 346 I think on max gear. Def taking awhile to gain light which I find good for longevity's sake.

24. wordzanddreamz

Well, I'm stuck at work. But I'm sure as hell gonna watch people tackle this raid at 1. I'm stoked to watch it.

25. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

For someone who mostly plays "solo" (all my XBone buddies are long done with the game) and doesn't really go for raids, is the new expansion worth it? I loved base game and TTK a lot, but found myself kinda drained trying to finish TTK content (actually, not even sure if I ever did).