Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Destiny 2: The Final Shape (June 4, 2024) Video Game • Page 176

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 22, 2016.

1. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

no

Anthony_ likes this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

3. Barcara

Regular

Hey gang, just got into Destiny 2 after having only played Destiny 1 during Taken King, and hot damn the gunplay is fun and I remember why I had so much fun back in the day. It's on Xbox Games Pass with the expansions now so I figured I might as well hop in and experience the old content before it's vaulted.

Very fun to be back.

Is there a Chorus clan I could join with y'all?
    Xbox player, 1008 power, PST time zone.

Cameron and Brodobaggins34 like this.
  4. Anthony_

There was a Chorus clan a while ago but it was mostly on PS4 and it fell completely apart.

Most of the users in here play on Playstation sadly, from what I remember, but there were a couple Xbox players. If you search the word "Xbox" in here I'm sure you'll find the people who play on that platform and can ask them if they want to play.

Barcara likes this.
  5. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

I'm in the same camp in terms of not playing much since D1 and only dabbling with D2 thus far, but with PS4. I do have all the DLC, but think I just don't really know where all to jump in without other people I know who play it.

Barcara likes this.
  6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This reminded me I’ve been getting back into this, and it’s just a fantastic game. Though I’m still overwhelmed at times with how much content there is now.

Barcara, Brodobaggins34 and Anthony_ like this.
  7. Come back in a month when they delete half the content in the game!

Barcara, Brodobaggins34 and Cameron like this.
  8. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

I mean that’s not what’s happening

Joe4th likes this.
  9. Anthony_

define "content"

10. drewinseries

Drew

Beyond Light will probably be a good place to start for those who dabbled but never got into it. Though there will be a fees to get the full experience out.

11. I think the 5 raids and 2 secret missions are pretty significant. Losing a third of the strikes, PVP maps, forges, menagerie, reckoning, and patrol areas will certainly make the current game play loop less varied.

12. Anthony_

I agree with regard to losing the strikes and PVP maps but with respect to everything else tbh it's all old stale content that most people rarely run and that frankly isn't really that great anyway for the most part. The secret missions are pointless once you've gotten the weapons and catalysts from them. Nobody goes to those patrol areas except to do flashpoint and other menial things like destination bounties. All of the raids they're dropping are not great-to-ok (other than Scourge which is really fun and should be staying, I agree with that). Menagerie and Forges are pointless now because of sunsetting so keeping it around doesn't make any sense if they aren't going to refresh the loot pool (which they may do in the future if they bring them out of the content vault). Reckoning was never good content in the first place and, even if it was, is also rendered pointless now both because of sunsetting and because they're consolidating Gambit into one mode.

Basically it's mostly all vestigial content that doesn't need to be in the game and that is really only used whenever Bungie needs to shoehorn in a reason to go back to it. And I'd personally like less shoehorning and more actual interesting content. I couldn't stand when things like the weekly Interference mission would make me go grind Menagerie because there was nothing to be gained from doing it other than just progressing that one mission. That's not fun.

If jettisoning this stuff will make the devs' lives easier and make the game more manageable to develop, then I'm fine with it.

13. I totally agree that most of the content is no longer needed or rewarding, but removing these options isn't going to prevent Bungie from shoehorning filler into their quests. I think it's going to be the same loop only with less options for completing them. I probably do Escalation Protocol and Menagerie for random reasons more than I ever hit up the Tangled Shore, Dreaming City, or nightmare hunts.

The raids have had a huge resurgence in popularity with the moments of triumph and grindable loot. They might not be as high quality as Last Wish or Garden but it's still relatively unique content in a game that is mostly a bounty simulator.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see if simplifying the content in the game allows Bungie to turn what remains into something more rewarding.

14. Anthony_ Oct 16, 2020
    (Last edited: Oct 20, 2020)
    Anthony_

Even if they don’t turn the old content that remains into something more rewarding, we’re still not losing much by almost any of that content being removed outside of the PVP maps and strikes just for variety’s sake in the playlists. And the other gains (content for the game is easier to develop, the lives of the devs are easier, and the game’s file size does not become ridiculously large) are worth it even if Bungie doesn’t make the content that remains more rewarding.

Also the “resurgence in popularity” of the old raids is really only temporary as people suddenly realize they need to get those raid exotics and catalysts before they go away. It’s not because people are suddenly realizing just now that they like running Leviathan or Spire of Stars lol (two of the worst pieces of raid content in Destiny history). That interest wouldn’t last if the content was staying in the game past November.

JBoch likes this.
  15. Anthony_

Barcara likes this.
  16. tvck

Trusted

man Eramis looks badass

17. Anthony_

18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So like this In The Face Of Darkness quest I have, do I need to purchase Season of Arrivals to complete it? Cuz I have the quest, but don’t see the contact public event to complete it.

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Is there a way to mass delete shaders? I have 68 Avalon Teals.....

20. Anthony_

not sure, but Contact only appears on Titan and Io so if you don’t have it then yeah you probably need the season

you can delete shaders 5 at a time at the Cryptarch, so delete three of them and then go to the cryptarch to do the rest

Cameron likes this.
  21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ok yeah I figured there was a way to mass delete shaders, thanks. Hmmm just strange I have the quest, and the silver seed. Just never purchased the season, and yeah looked on IO didn’t see any contact PE.

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Just seems weird they would give me the quest if I needed the season.

23. Doesn't the season pass always have a free track? The Contact event is also on Titan this week, not Io.

Cameron likes this.
  24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ok I looked on Titan after I didn’t see it on Io. I’ll look again!

25. Anthony_

it could be as a way to try and persuade you to purchase the season lol

Cameron likes this.