Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Destiny 2: Lightfall (February 28, 2023) Video Game • Page 175

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 22, 2016.

1. failinginplace

Regular

ssssoooooo shit got super real for the greater destiny community this weekend.

please believe women and try to be a decent human being. seeing these women's stories come out about all of the fucking terrible people like SayNoToRage, Lumi, basically all of BSK, etc... it's heartbreaking. but more power to them for coming forward and calling these assholes out.

dylan, tvck and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  2. failinginplace

Regular

also huge props to GCX and raising over $6Million for St Jude. freaking amazing.

dylan likes this.
  3. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Aztecross put out a good video summarizing what happened over the weekend:

failinginplace likes this.
  4. failinginplace

Regular

freaking. insane.

5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Love to see the trash get taken out in public fashion. Good riddance to all these scumbags.

failinginplace, dylan and tvck like this.
  6. drewinseries

Drew

Destiny peeps I have a question.

If i find gear that I really like the look of, is there a way to keep it cosmetically with my level? Or is just need ornaments to only have legendary gear. I find myself getting worse looking armor each time i play since im getting blue gear better than the legendary stuff I had ornaments on.

End goal is I wanna make my titan look really cool.

7. tvck

Trusted

Yeah, you can infuse that legendary armor to higher levels (requires legendary shards, glimmer, and upgrade modules from Banshee in the tower), but I'd wait to do so until you're closer to the hard cap (1050). Also, keep in mind some gear is going to be sunset after this season (it won't be infusable past the 1060 pinnacle cap from this season). You can view this when looking at the gear and it'll show your current power level, and below in yellow will have the cap that the gear is good for. Hopefully that makes sense.

drewinseries likes this.
  8. tvck

Trusted

@drewinseries I will say, if there is a particular set you really enjoy the look of, and it's being sunset (the yellow number when viewing is 1060), I'd throw it in the vault. Transmog is coming at some point so you'll be able to apply that look later to a newer piece of gear. They haven't confirmed exactly when that is happening but couldn't hurt to just sit in the vault.

drewinseries likes this.
  9. drewinseries

Drew

Just did my first raids this weekend and wow, totally different gameplay experience. Loved it.

dylan, Anthony_ and JBoch like this.
  10. Anthony_

Damn I forgot to change the date in the thread title after the delay. Gotta do that.

11. Anthony_

when you can get into a good group, raiding in Destiny is one of the best gaming experiences out there

12. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

just don’t raid with @dylan he sucks at destiny

Joe4th and Anthony_ like this.
  13. tvck

Trusted

[​IMG]
    Finally knocked out SoTP and SoS recently after finally getting into a group that loves raiding. Still need to finish LW and farm SoTP before it's gone so I can get Anarchy.

14. Anthony_

Can't stand SoS personally, least favorite raid content in either of the two games. I got incredibly lucky, though, in that as I was going through the old raid content for the Moments of Triumph, I got each of the raid catalysts from Leviathan, Eater of Worlds, and Spire of Stars on my first attempts. So I don't ever have to do them again.

15. drewinseries

Drew

yeah i used the PC lfg app and made the mistake of not knowing what KWTD means (know what youre doing) and got kicked real fast.

16. dylan

SotP is the best of the shorter raids. It's very fun

17. Anthony_

Best thing to do is go to Datto's YouTube channel and watch guide videos before going into any raid you haven't done before. As long as you have that base of knowledge, you should be fine. I would also maybe tell the people you joined something along the lines of "hey I haven't done this is a while so I'm a little rusty, what's the meta strategy everyone is using in here these days?"

I've found that people are more likely to be ok with "reminding" someone how to do a raid than teaching someone who has never done it before. And as long as you've watched a guide video ahead of time, you won't be totally lost.

drewinseries likes this.
  18. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Raiding is a ton of fun but groups in the LFG can be so hit or miss. So many people take it way too seriously and are assholes to anyone who's trying to learn.

19. tvck

Trusted

@Anthony_ same. only reason i did SoS. and was able to get the sleeper catalyst in 1 go just running the first encounter + extra chest on all 3 chars. i know someone who's done it dozens and dozens of times weekly for awhile and still no luck.

Anthony_ likes this.
  20. Anthony_

I understand people getting frustrated in certain situations. Not everyone has time to teach someone new how to do a raid. People have limited gaming time. If someone makes an LFG post and expressly says "KWTD" or "No teaching", I think it's fair for them to expect that the people people who join the group are aware of what to do. There's plenty of times I see LFG posts that say "willing to teach" or "teaching run" or something like that. I just think it's all about what the group creator is looking for.

Of course, if the post doesn't specify then the group creators don't really have any room to complain if someone joins who doesn't know what to do.

21. drewinseries

Drew

Yeah I made the mistake of not knowing what KWTD. The few discords im in have a legend that I reference now so I can easily figure out the right ones for me. These have like 100,000 people in it so I have usually been able to find anything easily. With the steam id join code and raid room chat rooms, it's super easy on PC.

22. drewinseries

Drew

Also finally got all three characters to magnificent level for solstice armor. Now just gotta get that glow.

dylan likes this.
  23. dylan

Congrats! Hardest one will be trials wins but the rest are cake

24. Anthony_

stop trying to get people to listen to cake dylan

dylan and dadbolt like this.
  25. dylan

Everyone should listen to CAKE

failinginplace likes this.