Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Designated Survivor (ABC) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by joe727, Sep 22, 2016.

1. joe727 Sep 22, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 22, 2016)
    joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

Political Thriller on ABC starring Kiefer Sutherland. Just premiered last night. Has been described as "24 meets The West Wing"

" On the night of the State of the Union, an explosion claims the lives of the President and all members of the Cabinet except for Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Tom Kirkman (Sutherland), who had been named the designated survivor. Kirkman is immediately sworn in as President, unaware that the attack is just the beginning of what is to come. "

2. joe727 Sep 22, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 22, 2016)
    joe727

Really dug the pilot. It was cheesy, but in a very entertaining way, it kind of strangely reminded me of Independence Day a bit in that respect. Definitely be prepared to suspend your disbelief for this though.

3. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I didn't hate the pilot. What will keep me watching for at least a couple more episodes is what they do with all the subject matter available based on this premise.

4. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

I am like you guys, I enjoyed the pilot enough but there was definitely a lot of cheese. The premise has a lot of potential and I am excited to see where it goes.

5. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I like the premise more than the pilot, but I got sucked into Quantico so I'm sure this will be the same.

ramomcferno likes this.
  6. joe727

The teenage son is definitely a weak spot in this. Not a good actor and I can already tell the him being a drug dealer subplot is going to be the worst part of this season.

ramomcferno likes this.
  7. Viva Sonata

gooberplex.tumblr.com Prestigious

WELP. Kiefer's got me again. You handsome devil you. I'm onboard.

8. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

Kiefer Sutherland and Maggie Q are always worth watching. I liked the pilot, hope it stays good and doesn't become a turd like Quantico.

9. joe727

I actually liked the 2nd episode more than the pilot. This is not without faults, but it shows alot of promise.

ramomcferno likes this.
  10. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I hope verizon puts it on demand soon, I missed it.

11. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

So pleased to see Virginia Madsen in this. I liked the second episode as well - this has earned a full watch for me, I think.

12. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

Just watched the first two episodes, i'm a sucker for conspiracy-type shows. I liked it, i'd lose my shit and then some if i was president all of a sudden.

13. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

Liked the first 2 episodes. I think the writing is a bit hokey, but Kiefer drives it like I knew he would. Also very interested by the Kal Penn character.

ramomcferno likes this.
  14. joe727

This got a full season order.

falafelmywaffle and Erwin89 like this.
  15. ramomcferno

I am still on board. With this being a network show I expect a certain level of cheesiness so I am fine with that here.

ForestOfAllusion likes this.
  16. joe727 Oct 2, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 2, 2016)
    joe727

The pilot episode set a tv record for largest ever ratings increase from Live+SD (the amount of people who watched live plus on DVR up until 3am the next morning) to Live+7 (the amount of people who watched live plus on DVR up until a week later)

10 million people watched it within the first five hours of it airing, and 17.7 million people watched it within a week, for an increase of 7.7 million DVR viewers.
    The previous record holder was a 2015 Big Bang Theory episode that had a 7.2 million increase in DVR viewers within a week.

BirdPerson and ramomcferno like this.
  17. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

This thread died, lol. Did anyone keep up with the first half of the season? The premiere of 24: Legacy got me thinking again about this show. It got really strong the last few episodes leading up to the mid-season finale. Also, that cliffhanger at the end... :-O

18. ramomcferno

Yeah it is a shame there isn't much discussion here. I like the show a lot.

19. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Will be catching up with this on demand before it starts up again in a few weeks. I've only seen the pilot so far lol

20. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

This show became pretty engaging by about episode 4 and by episode 10 had built quite a lot of momentum. That 3 month break between episodes is probably going to bring a ratings drop though

21. johnnyferris

Yes, the latter half of the first run of episodes was really engaging and I hope it picks up with that momentum.

I think Kiefer's wife was the one that was shot

NewSurrender likes this.
  22. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Can't wait for this to resume this week. I just have episode 10 to watch then I will be all caught up.

23. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Glad I don't have to wait too long. Quite the cliffhanger ehhh

24. johnnyferris

Definitely

I think it's the First Lady

25. ramomcferno

I would agree.

Excited that this is back.

DejaMoi likes this.