Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dermot Kennedy Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by sawhney[rusted]2, Apr 8, 2018.

1. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Just posting for one of the best voices I’ve heard live. Young & Free should be huge

2. zmtr

Trusted

Been listening to him a bunch recently. Saw him at MOPOP in Detroit not too long ago and he killed it.

3. zmtr

Trusted

Only a couple minutes in and I decided this was one of my all time favorite tiny desk sessions

4. sawhney[rusted]2

Glad you found him. I saw home at Bonnaroo in a crowd of maybe 20 people. It was possibly one of the best performances, vocally, I’ve seen

zmtr likes this.
  5. sawhney[rusted]2

6. sawhney[rusted]2

Song is ok

7. derekjd

Slow down, Quentin Supporter

His album is fantastic. Haven't stopped listening all weekend. I know that, for long-time fans, its probably disappointing because it's made up of about eight of his ep tracks. But, as a first-time fan, Wowzers.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  8. sawhney[rusted]2

Haha yeah, I don’t think it’s officially his first studio album, but it’s just a collection of all of his prior songs in one place.

Dude is going places

9. Hadn't heard of him before, but I streamed his Coachella set and it was soooo good! After each song, I was like "Wow, I like this guy." Excited to jump into his studio recordings to see how they compare.

10. sawhney[rusted]2

Young & Free is his best song so far but they’re mostly really good

zmtr likes this.
  11. derekjd

I cannot stop listening to this. Quickly coming up to the top of my first half.
    Do we know what's next for him? I saw he's got another single out.

12. derekjd

Full length album coming out in late September. A few pre-released songs on there (Lost, Power Over you, and two others I can't remember rn). But it's a 13 track record. New released tune is okay, but not to the level of his best stuff. Either way, super stoked for it.

zmtr and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  13. Zeke

Regular

Dave Diddy likes this.
  14. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Glory is such a good song but then I hate the note he ends on

15. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Nice I didn't know he had a cd out so soon. Looking forward to this.

16. derekjd

Tracklisting is up, and the date got pushed back to Oct 4. Still, super pumped for it. A few of the tracks have old live versions on YouTube, and I think this is going to be near the top of my list come end of the year. Though I'm not in LOVE with Outnumbered. Don't hate it, but don't think it's up to the level of Glory or Boston or his other greats.

17. mentalgellar

This is an absolutely fantastic album. What a voice.

18. SPine

Trusted

Very good album. Not gonna lie it sent me through a lot of memories I haven't thought about in awhile. It's been a minute since music has done that to me. He's playing in Cleveland within the next 2 weeks. I think I need to go to the show. I saw him briefly in Detroit at a music fest last summer.

19. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Wish it didn't have quite so many of his old songs I've heard a bunch before but still very good.

20. sawhney[rusted]2

Maybe I need to listen to this again - thought it was pretty boring and repeated a good number of song motifs and melodies he’s done before

21. I didn't know he had a full length coming out! Definitely gonna check it out this weekend.

22. SPine

Trusted

What I've been doing lately is splitting albums up by how the record is. I feel like listening to music in chunks is a good way to consume it. I listened to the first 7 songs off this then listened to half of the menzingers. Went back and finished the last 6 songs on this.

I'm glad Power Over Me and Moments Passed are on it. Love those two

23. derekjd

Even though there are some older songs on here, the revisions/rerecording make them feel new. The newer version of All My Friends, in particular, is great. I kind of wish I hadn't spun the last "record" so much, because Power Over Me and a few others have lost their emotional punch. Still, a lovely little record.