Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Denzel Curry - TA13OO (July 27, 2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Jul 12, 2018.

1. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

yeah im really surprised he's not bigger. hopefully this does it for him.

2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Man this Act release schedule is interesting and cool

This album should be the one that does it for him, hooks here are a huge step up

3. azzy01

Regular

Lyrical content and themes seem to be top notch as well. Man the more I listen to this the more I'm impressed.

4. Bane

The spiciest meme

I cant wait to listen to this, I've been stanning him for a bit now since a little after the release of 32 Zel, like a few months before Imperial came out and telling a bunch of my friends to check him out. Seems like he's REALLY coming into his own now and really going for it with this album which is awesome.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  5. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Act 3 is just fucking superb, that run of three tracks ending the album is unfair

6. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

This whole thing is fantastic

7. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Wow this is crazy good. One of those albums that just hit me like a bus

8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Can’t wait to check this out

9. sawhney[rusted]2

Yeah this album is crazy consistent

10. bedwettingcosmo

happy for denzel

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  11. sawhney[rusted]2

Yeah I don't hear any bonafide "hits" on this, except for CLOUT COBAIN, but the hook's lyrics probably won't fair too well on radio but what do I know

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This is 2018’s Big Fish Theory

13. sawhney[rusted]2

I wouldn’t go that far lol

Cameron likes this.
  14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I would

15. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

Needs a few more listens but really good on first listen. I love when he goes in on a track.

16. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I saw Curry live a while back and he performed a new song off the album but it had no name.

I just heard it on the album and it's called switch it up. It's still really good.

17. azzy01

Regular

Better than bft tbh , and I love that album(clearly)

Cameron likes this.
  18. sawhney[rusted]2

Wow very strongly disagree with that, but it’s a conversation for another day lol

This album is fantastic don’t get me wrong

19. sawhney[rusted]2

Also so dope that jpegmafia is on this, discovered his album this week and it’s a top 10 contender for me

skogsraet likes this.
  20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I already had high expectations for this but it still somehow surpassed them. Holy shit, this thing is fantastic front to back. Literally the only moment that isn't great is the hook of Cash Machine imo. The entire last act is absolutely insane and the first is really cool and different for him.

I really hope he blows up from this, he really deserves it. I think he gets lumped in with Lil Yachty and Kodak and the like because he was in the XXL class with them but he's 100x more talented than they are. Absolutely can't wait to see him live

After two listens this is already battling with Kids See Ghosts for my AOTY so far

21. azzy01

Regular

I could see why one would disagree. But I think this is a top tier album( tpab, maad kid, forest hills etc) the artistry and songwriting on this is ridiculous and let me not even start with the lyrics and flows he uses here. The only person in the modern scene that's probably using cadence and switching up flows as good as him is probably Kendrick

22. sawhney[rusted]2

Wow that’s big praise! I agree, that’s why I’ve loved Denzel for the longest time, his voice and versatility on the mic is really only challenged by Kendrick...but to me, the thing he’s missing with this album (that I think BFT or Kendrick’s albums have), is a conceptual overarching message or sonic palate. Listening to TABOO, it doesn’t sound like there’s a thematic thread flowing from one song to the next, and it jumps all over the place. Also, the songs aren’t forward-thinking enough for me. Denzel goes a lot of places, but I want to hear some really abstract or boundary pushing ideas from an artist. That’s why I love BFT, his messaging is clear and he has a clear focus of utilizing Detroit dance music to highlight the atrocities happening in black America, and very strange musical ideas (Crabs in a Bucket...wat!) are exhilarating and sonically unique. Similar to Kendrick, using the art form to get his message across in DAMN.

I guess what I’m saying is, Denzel is going to make a classic, but I don’t think TABOO is it yet. I think this is his Section.80 or Summertime 06.

23. sawhney[rusted]2

Lmao that hook is the ONLY thing I dislike about this whole thing haha

tdlyon likes this.
  24. azzy01

Regular

I think I get what you're saying In terms of the overarching bigger concept missing. But there is a lot of forward thinking ideas and concepts presented from song to song. I don't think it has this grand big narrative like tpab or gkmc, but it doesn't necessarily need a big story like for it to be considered top tier imo. Forest hills drive falls into that category for me as well. Like having great songs with good narratives and forward thinking ideas but not a grand narrative.

I won't say it's a classic yet (too soon to decide that) . But I do agree that he is capable of a lot more and it's that potential he has that makes me excited.

25. bedwettingcosmo

it should knock kids see ghosts out of the fucking park tbh.