Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Denver, CO Thread Location • Page 9

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, Mar 19, 2018.

1. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Seems like every ski trip this winter has been a traffic nightmare. 4-hour drive to WP on MLK weekend because 70 was a parking lot starting east of 470. This past weekend we got stuck in Silverthrone on Sunday when they closed the tunnel for 4 hours. Left Copper at 2:30 and didn't make it back to Denver until almost 11. My friends and I have been thinking about the train to WP for a while, so might need to give that a try.

2. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

We had a weekend snowshoeing trip in Black Hawk a few weekends ago and went up 36 through Boulder and then down through Nederland instead to avoid 70 haha.

JBoch likes this.
  3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

To anyone in here who uses RTD, they are conducting a survey on a new fare structure. Two options are there for consideration. RTD has a ton of issues beyond fare, but I think making it less cost prohibitive would be a big step to increasing ridership, so if you've got thoughts let them know here: https://www.farefeedback.rtd-denver.com/

4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Is anyone else getting swarmed by moths this year?

5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, I first noticed it last night actually. Really bad

6. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Yep, horrible.

7. dylan

Yea but don’t kill them please they’re nocturnal pollinators and are good food for bears and birds in the mountains

aoftbsten likes this.
  8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Oh yea, I always go catch and release for bugs in the house. I like moths in general too. They just seem to have had a population explosion in the last week.

dylan likes this.
  9. LightWithoutHeat

My son and I like the capture them and release them "to go find their families". They are definitely not kill on sight bugs in our house.

dylan likes this.
  10. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Every time I open my sliding door to the backyard I get hit in the face with a moth

dylan likes this.
  11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

The hail was insane today. Though it looks like Boulder got way more.

12. dylan

Just a bit of rain here in north denver.

13. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Went is Elitch Gardens today. It is a chaotic place.

14. dylan

Is that the run down one or is that Lakewood?

15. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Lakeside is the rundown looking one in Lakewood. Elitch is the one downtown.

16. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I honestly thought that place was abandoned

17. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Lakeside has been rundown looking for 30 years

Max_123 likes this.
  18. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Yeah I was gonna say we moved here in 1998 and it looked abandoned then lol

19. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Considering moving from Montana to Fort Collins. Pros? Cons?

20. LightWithoutHeat

I moved there last year with my family from CA and we loved it. It's a large city but there are lots of parks, tons of greenery, and everything you could want in terms of stores and what not. Super safe too, from what I could tell. It's kind of a pain to get across just with how sprawling it is, and it's getting expensive in terms of housing, but those are my only real complaints.

JRGComedy likes this.
  21. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Pro: leaving Montana
    I kid Montana is beautiful their politics just suck ass

JRGComedy likes this.
  22. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Correct hahaha

23. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

To give you a real answer, Fort Collins is cool. It's big enough to always have something going on but small enough that traffic isn't usually bad like it is in Denver. There's a shitload of breweries if you're into that. It's also a college town so take that for what you will. They also have municipal provided internet which is awesome because Xfinity has a monopoly on most of Colorado

Another pro, the annual Tour de Corgi, which is happening this Saturday. 1,000 corgis walking through Old Town in costumes

JBoch, JRGComedy and aoftbsten like this.
  24. LightWithoutHeat

Yeah, the municipal internet was really good.

JRGComedy likes this.
  25. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Fort Collins is a really cool spot. As others have said, it's really pretty, has easy access to a lot of outdoor activities, there's a lot to do downtown and it's relatively walkable. I also think it has an underrated music scene. There are a few really cool smaller venues there that typically bring a lot of acts from the punk/emo/metal side of the spectrum.

JRGComedy likes this.