Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Denver, CO Thread Location • Page 7

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, Mar 19, 2018.

1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

WHAAAAAAAT

JBoch likes this.
  2. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

CarpetElf likes this.
  3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Bruh i am in love with ratio already. Gaslight and Hop Along are two of my favorites. Gaslight IS my favorite

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Officially leaving the Boulder bubble tomorrow. Moving to Sloan’s Lake. Get ready, Denver.

CarpetElf, Ken and dylan like this.
  5. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

oh hell yeah

Ken likes this.
  6. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Anyone know the best place to go stargazing outside of town?

JBoch likes this.
  7. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I move to Denver in two weeks. Holy shit this is finally happening.

8. dylan

what neighborhood did you decide on?

9. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I signed a lease at The Parc Cherry Creek, which isn't really in Cherry Creek. It's 10 minutes from everything but at least Comrade Brewing is close enough that I can see it from my balcony.

dylan likes this.
  10. dylan

I just went there yesterday! Down the street is a Chakas. Go there between 3-6pm for $2.50 margs

JBoch likes this.
  11. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

My wife used to live in the apartments on the other side of the street of those (Covington), good thing you didn't choose those cause they had 2 fires in the last 6 months lol

JBoch likes this.
  12. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Oh man! I liked that place on my visit so thankfully the apartments were more than I was looking to spend.

Though I still spent way more than I wanted to... but I guess that's the lifestyle tax you need to pay to live there. Not going to find an $850 decked out apartment like I could get in Kalamazoo :crylaugh:

Max_123 and dylan like this.
  13. rocketsguy03

allisterkid

I used to work right across Iliff from there. The Philly cheesesteak place right there is pretty good. And I'm not sure if they still park there or not, but when I worked there a Rock N' Lobster Roll food truck often parked at Comrade and they had incredible lobster rolls and lobster grilled cheese sandwiches. Piper Inn down the street is kind of a biker trash bar (no offense to the bikers out there), but they have pretty good wings, I like the chinese hot. I'll let you know if I think of anything else, but overall it's a pretty decent area. Probably a lot more going on there than where I am now in southeast Aurora.

JBoch and dylan like this.
  14. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Thanks for the recommendations!

15. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Random question but are there any Denver-area Packers fans on here? Looks like there are a number of Packers bars in the city, I just need a few Cheeseheads to join me

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I am not, but I know there are a few Packers/Wisconsin bars in the city. Swankey's is a popular one that's near Coor's field.

17. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Less than 2 weeks until I’m there for my visit!!

@thesoftskeleton @dylan @Max_123 prepare yourselves (and your pups pls)

Anyone got any must do recs for me? Best cheap deals bc I’m poor? Anything fun going on veterans day weekend?

CarpetElf likes this.
  18. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

What kind of things do you like to do? There's a ton of stuff to do here so hopefully the weather will hold up, it's going to snow all week this week lol

supernovagirl likes this.
  19. supernovagirl

Yeah I’m anxious about the weather but we’ll see hah. I’m not against snow but I don’t want it to snow the whole time
    Anyway we’re gonna do some hiking/sightseeing type stuff and then also go downtown and go to a few cider places (not a beer person) but other than that idk!
    And idk what I like to do lmao I’m easy to please I think. If it’s cheap or free and interesting then I’m open to it haha

20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This snow has been crazy, but it's kind of nice because I'm basically just working from home the whole week.

21. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Well I always recommend red rocks for sightseeing/leisurely hiking, also that way is Lookout mountain which has some really cool views at the top, if you want something a little bit more challenging Chautauqua park in Boulder has a few trailheads you can pick up.

Stem ciders is great, they have a place in RiNo, there's also Infinite Monkey Theorem in the same neighborhood which is a wine bar.

Snooze is our favorite breakfast place you must check it out, they have a few locations so you'll likely be near one wherever you are. Northcounty in Lowry has amazing tacos, as does Uno Mas in the Wash Park/Pearl street neighborhood.

I would make sure you have the Groupon app while you're here there's always some pretty good deals to use around the city!

supernovagirl likes this.
  22. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

First Denver winter driving experience this morning. Took over 30 minutes to make my commute that's normally 10-12 minutes. What's with people driving 15 mph in a 35 zone!?!

Kingjohn_654 and dylan like this.
  23. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

It's all the people who moved here from California who've never seen snow before lol

GrantCloud likes this.
  24. supernovagirl

Thank you! This is all great!
    and yeah we’re definitely hitting up red rocks! I’m trying to meet up with @dylan and @thesoftskeleton one day so if you’re free you’re more than welcome to join us!!

Max_123 likes this.
  25. dylan

yeah, same here. I'd rather go slow and safe tbh i never drive the speed limit when the snow is this bad.