Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Denver, CO Thread Location • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

The fuck I didn't know The Aces were coming and it's sold out :redanger:

CarpetElf likes this.
  2. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Oh shit my roommate was gonna buy one too shijt

3. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

i'll be at BOCC, mwY, maybe la dispute if @thesoftskeleton wants to go, and 1975. keep your distance

CarpetElf likes this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

CarpetElf likes this.
  5. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I just found out this morning that I'm going to be transferring to my firm's Denver office in July/August. Any recommendations for where to live close-ish to the Tech Center?

CarpetElf likes this.
  6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Niiice! More people haha

JBoch likes this.
  7. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

What types of things are you looking for?

8. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I'll be getting a 1 bedroom apartment so trying not to be somewhere that's crazy expensive. Well, relatively crazy expensive because it looks like everything costs a lot more than Michigan haha. Trying to strike a balance between cost, ease of getting between work and downtown (I plan on getting a Rockies ticket package), and having good beer only a short bike ride away.

CarpetElf likes this.
  9. dylan

Wash Park, you'll be near 225 so you can go north to RiNo for rockies games and breweries, and head south to DTC

JBoch, Max_123 and CarpetElf like this.
  10. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

There are like 5 different apartment complexes that are about a quarter mile west of I25 & Belleview on Monaco St. that are right in DTC that would be good options for you, you can walk to the light rail station in 5-15 minutes depending on which one, you're really close to a new dining development that has a great Mexican restaurant and a conveyor belt sushi place and burger/bar place with a good selection of local beers. About a mile away from there is the Landmark which is another dining complex with a ton of restaurants and Comedy Works.

East of there in Aurora (which is where I live) there's Dry Dock brewery (which has my favorite beer ever Apricot Blonde), not as many apartments to choose from and you'd have to drive about 10 minutes to get to the nearest light rail station. Depending on where you are you're about 10-20 minutes from DTC

The Littleton area has tons of apartments to choose from, with some of them being within walking distance to the light rail, and a cool brewery with some really unique brews. Again about 10-20 minutes from DTC.

Basically all of the light rail stations south of downtown Denver have apartments within walking distance. I believe the West light rail stations have a lot of apartments nearby too, you're just a little further away from DTC.

JBoch and CarpetElf like this.
  11. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Would also highly recommend Wash Park like @dylan said, especially around the DU campus

CarpetElf likes this.
  12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

conveyor belt sushi. Thats awesome haha

13. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

It's no all-you-can-eat though

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I dont like sushi so thats not a problem haha

15. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Thanks for all of the info! This is all super helpful.

Apartment hunting is so stressful. I keep finding complexes that I think look good only to read the reviews and see they're all major issues. Tough to know where I should be looking without really knowing the area. I've been trying to move out there for going on a year now, so I'm anxious to finally start the process.

Littleton and Wash Park have been on my radar... good to get some confirmation that those are worth looking at. The DTC apartments would be great but I don't know if my budget could handle the cost. The restaurant suggestions will come in handy. Saint Patrick's is going to be a must visit when I get there.

CarpetElf likes this.
  16. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I would just take apartment reviews with a grain of salt for the most part. Every apartment is going to have pros and cons, some obviously worse than others, but one thing that really helped me when I would be looking up apartments was really paying attention to what people are complaining about in those reviews. So much of it is arbitrary and often times the person's own fault. Hardly anyone writes an apartment review in good faith lol.

Littleton will probably give you the best bang for your buck, DTC and Wash Park will be a bit more expensive. Aurora will be on the lower end as well.

Let me know if you ever have any other questions, i'm basically a native as i've been here since I was 6 years old.

JBoch and CarpetElf like this.
  17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

@Max_123 tickets are available on ticketfly

18. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Trying to see through the noise in the reviews is the battle. All of them are one extreme or the other. At least it's really good entertainment to read some of these stories haha.

General, open-ended question for you or anyone else reading this... What are your favorite places/things to do in the area? Breweries, coffee shops, record stores, hiking spots, really anything worth doing...

sawhney[rusted]2 and CarpetElf like this.
  19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

If you can I'd try and do an AirBnB or something while you find a place, just to give you a better idea.

20. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

If I didn't have wayyyy too much stuff this would be a great idea lol. Thankfully I've been saving my CC points so I can take an apartment hunting trip in April.

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Oh okay dope. thats good!

22. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

DTC is a great area you're close to pretty much anything you want/need (this can be said for pretty much anywhere in the Denver-metro area really), other than the stuff I already mentioned, you're minutes away from Cherry Creek State Park as well as many other parks in the area, you're about 30 minutes East of the foothills where you'll start to find some hiking spots, the closest one to you would be Deer Creek Canyon

My personal favorite coffee shop is also nearby and along with the other breweries I mentioned earlier there's also Comrade Brewing close enough by. There aren't any record stores that i'm aware of I think the only ones left are closer to downtown Denver but you're not far from them

JBoch likes this.
  23. dylan

Breweries:
    Ratio (SPANISH LOVE SONGS THIS SATURDAY FOR FREE YA BOIIIIIIIII)
    Epic
    Station 26
    Denver Beer Co
    Prost
    Renegade
    Great Divide
    10 Barrel
    (I need to try Black Project)

Coffee:
    Hooked on Colfax
    Crema

Record Stores:
    It's really just Wax Trax and Twist and Shout

Hiking:
    Flatirons 1&2 trail

NCAR / Bear Canyon Trail

Also use AllTrails and filter what you're looking for. At most, you'll be about 30-45 from the foothills for good half day hikes either along I70 or up in Boulder.

Also things:
    Rocky Mountain Wildlife Refuge
    Little Man Ice Cream
    Stanley Market Place
    Estes, CO + Rocky Mountain National Park
    Fort Collins and New Belgium tour
    Horsetooth Reservoir
    Castle Rock outlet mall
    Arc Thrift in Thornton
    Goodwill in Stapleton
    Denver Biscuit Co
    Illegal Pete's
    Linger's

24. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

This is unrelated, but Bear seems like the best girl! I'm glad you're both having such a great time in Colorado.

dylan and CarpetElf like this.
  25. dylan

Thanks!! She really is. Honestly, the only thing that she does that I'm trying to train her out of is getting too excited seeing people and wanting to jump on them and play with them by mouthing their hand or arm when they pet her. So, all in all not too bad. How's sterling?

CarpetElf and Ken like this.