Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Denver, CO Thread Location • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Oh I didn't realize it was that soon lol I thought this was just a visit. What areas are you looking?

CarpetElf likes this.
  2. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Trying to stick to places close to the rail line. We've found dope places in Washington Park, Sloan Lake, Whittier, and Elyria. But we're gonna look locally and go from there. When we visited Charlotte we immediately ruled out the neighborhood we are in now and ended up finding a cool place when we moved up here so we'll see.

dylan likes this.
  3. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Make sure you check out Lowry

CarpetElf likes this.
  4. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

which line? Wash Park is cool, so is Cap Hill, RiNo, and Five Points. You can't move to Park Hill, Stapleton, or Northfield because that'd put you too close to me.

dadbolt and CarpetElf like this.
  5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Definitely will do! Looking pretty much everywhere unless its several miles from the rail line. Looked into the area a lot haha. Borderline obsessively.

Any of the rail lines really.
    I do like Park Hill, Stapleton, and Cap Hill!

6. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I'd love to live in Lowry or Stapleton it's just too far from work

CarpetElf likes this.
  7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeeee. They both look like dope areas. I havent found too many places without a lot to do. Got my big ass excel sheet

8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Great timing on the move, the Nuggets just signed Swaggy P.

Max_123 likes this.
  9. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I hope I see him out on the town

10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'm gonna make an effort to go out in Denver now haha. That or just get him up to Boulder.

11. dylan

no those are too close stay away.

The A-Line is what I'm near and that basically runs from the airport to union station downtown. So Stapleton, Northfield, Park Hill, Whittier, and north RiNo. You're gonna do some driving/biking/walking to get to the rail stations and grocery stores, parks, restaurants, etc.

I wouldn't recommend the north end of RiNo or Elyria to live because that's along the union pacific line so tons of noise, and is under tons of construction and it's an industrial area so the smell isn't...great, crime isn't terrible but it's not good either. The south part of RiNo is gonna be near the rail station, union station, rockies stadium, so lots of people, foot traffic, congestion, noise, etc but also lots of things to do and you could probably get by with just getting everywhere by rail/bus or bike/foot.

The other neighborhoods you mentioned aren't gonna have a rail line too close as it mostly goes around the perimeter of the city and north/south to the suburbs and not actually through the city itself. Bus/ride share/bike is gonna be how you'll get around if you live somewhere like Wash Park, or Sloane Lake.

Max_123 likes this.
  12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

:heart:

Nice, nice. Thanks for the heads up! I do like that area you're in, sorry haha

Yeah I dont wanna deal with all that noise. I've lived in an industrial area before, not great haha.

Yeah for Sloans Lake and those other areas I was looking pretty much around the borders closest to the rails. I dont mind a mile or so walk. That's what I've been doing here. Though a car is my top priority once moved.

I'm excited! Good stuff

13. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I love Sloan's Lake. It's got some good breweries and an Alamo Drafthouse.

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Man it's weird to see Five Points listed as a hot place to live now. I don't have any helpful advice it was just weird for me to see that on the list of places

Max_123 likes this.
  15. dylan

hahaha my old boss back in KCMO lived here during the late 80s through the mid 90s and when she was asking what areas I was looking when I was relocating here for a new job I told her RiNo and Five Points had some places on the list and it looked like she almost had a heart attack when I told her that.

Max_123 likes this.
  16. dylan

I can't blame you, I'm in northfield and it's a really nice area and convenient and quiet. It's a little pricier but about on par with RiNo/LoDo apartments. After fees and services, my 670sqft 1brm is ~$1370/month. 2-3brms are gonna be a little cheaper individually if y'all are moving in the same place together and you can probably find something in Stapleton around $2-3k/month for a 3brm/2.5 bath. if you haven't checked it out yet, here's the stapleton neighborhood's website for apartments searching: Floor Plans | Stapleton Apartments | Exceptional Selection Of Apartments lemme know if you see anything or what you have on your list to check out and i might have toured them and can give you any thoughts.

Also stapleton has Station 26 brewery which is one of my favorites in the city

17. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Haha yeah, growing up that was always the place to avoid. I remember when I was in high school my brother found out about a restaurant there that was supposed to be unbelievable and my parents were super worried about going there to try it

18. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Station 26 Tangerine Cream is *chefs kiss*

dadbolt, CarpetElf and aoftbsten like this.
  19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I support the Tangerine Cream love.

dadbolt and CarpetElf like this.
  20. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Also @CarpetElf yeah if you don't have a car then Lowry isn't super ideal because it's a bit of a trek to the nearest light rail station

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Niiice. Thank you! I'll check these out when I get back home but just brewing through they have some really dope places. Having a 2nd bathroom would be incredible. I've had one bathroom for like six years haha

dylan likes this.
  22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeeah I would be saving for a car instantly but it would still e several months before i even look into it haha

23. dylan

yuuuuuuuup that's the first place I go when I have people in town and we do a bar run (it helps it's <5 min from my apt.

I took @dadbolt there and it blew his mind hahaha

CarpetElf, dadbolt and Max_123 like this.
  24. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

can confirm the tangerine cream shook me to my core

CarpetElf, dylan and aoftbsten like this.
  25. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

@dylan What's your favorite taco place in Denver?

dylan likes this.