Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Demi Lovato - Dancing With The Devil: The Art of Starting Over (April 2, 2021) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Mar 15, 2021.

1. btr Mar 15, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 15, 2021)
    btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

2. ItsAndrew Mar 15, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 15, 2021)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I'll probably checking this out. It's 22 tracks which seems like a lot but that's sometimes not a bad thing!

3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Alternate album covers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

oh shit she’s musgraving

5. Her post-Tell Me You Love Me singles were mostly and surprisingly not good to average so I'm going into this with some reservations. We'll see.

6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

7. gnar182

8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

???

I’m not sure what the weird “gotcha” you’re going for is (considering we have never interacted before). I didn’t know about that. Seems like it happened back in 2010 which still doesn’t make it okay but she was going into rehab then and has had her battles throughout the years and seems to be in a better place now. If you want to call me out for checking this album out, fine, but call out everyone who cares about accountability and has posted about her music on here (which still seems like a reach but okay)

9. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

probably compensating for the fat mike avatar and blink username reference if I had to guess

Zilla, Crisp X, Contender and 2 others like this.
  10. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeahhhh and again, I’m not here to defend what she did but she was diagnosed as bi-polar shortly after the incident and it’s clear based on reports at the time and from her own mouth that she was struggling. If you’re trying to get at me for being critical of Fat Mike or Blink recently, I’m sorry, but their words/actions deserve it and they also weren’t going through mental health issues and undiagnosed bi-polar disorder when they did things worth criticizing.

Demi Lovato Revealed The Truth About That Altercation With Her Background Dancer

11. gnar182

Just seen you ruin plenty a thread with your overtly PC agenda, found the fact you were selective with your criticisms humorous was all.

I'm glad we have defined addiction and mental health problems are now a reasonable excuse for problematic behaviour though.

12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Overtly PC? Because I care about accountability when it comes to problematic artists? Sorry I care about problematic musicians not being a part of the music scene I guess?

13. gnar182

clearly.

14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t think this discussion is beneficial in any way and it’s clear you’re just trying to “get” me because I have been critical of artists you like in the past so I’m removing myself from this discussion with you.

15. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

People who say “PC” are not operating in good faith.

Zilla and MysteryKnight like this.
  16. gnar182

[​IMG]

17. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Mad World a cover?

20. manoverboard365

Trusted

Excited to hear this.

The first two episodes of her Youtube documentary are really heavy.

21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

22. manoverboard365

Trusted

Why is the Intro on track 4? Is that implying that the first 3 tracks are bonus tracks?

Listening now, ICU and The Art of Starting Over are pretty great.

23. That's just how the album is structured. These first few songs tell the story of her overdose and, from Intro onwards, she talks about everything that happened in her life since.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  24. manoverboard365

Trusted

Ah that makes sense.

Finished my first listen now. I'm actually really surprised how much I enjoyed this. Especially since I didn't like Anyone or Dancing With the Devil. Along with those I think the low point of the album is the Melon Cake - Met Him Last Night run. That closer is beautiful. Think along with that my favorites are Art of Starting Over, The Way You Don't Look at Me and ICU.

And yep, Mad World is a Tears for Fears cover.

Crisp X likes this.
  25. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Any good upbeat songs on this?