Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Delta Rae Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by kbeef2, Oct 25, 2018.

1. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Thought I’d make a thread for these guys cuz I’m really digging their new song after not being into their last EP at all and IIRC we had a thread for them at AP

Hopefully the next album sounds more like this

2. derekjd

Slow down, Quentin Supporter

Definitely in for it. I love about 2/3 of both their albums, and really hope that this is the one where they get a cohesive product. I know they all write, and sometimes it feels like they're grabbing the best songs each of them puts in, rather than writing together for a collective whole. I've taken tracks from the first to records adn combined them, and the product is absolutely one of my favorite albums. But between the 2017 EP and Hands Dirty and Do You Ever Dream, I feel like we're in for something special.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Here for it! Didn't know there was a new song out so yayyyyy

4. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Wow it is almost unrecognizable that this is the same band that did “Bottom of the River.” Not necessarily in a bad way because this is a solid pop song

5. irthesteve

Yeah that's certainly not what I expected ha

6. irthesteve

Another one

7. irthesteve

8. irthesteve

are they just releasing an album one song at a time?

9. irthesteve

10. derekjd

Per their e-mails, new album announcement coming in the next two weeks-ish? Wonde whether they're releasing the full album right now (mixed with singles/ep over the last 2 years, which would be a seriously good record) or whether these are all b-sides? Either way, I've been intentionally not listening to their most recent stuff just in case it's all part of a record.

11. irthesteve

it's honestly very confusing. I have given each one at least one listen, just because they might be standalone singles? But yes its weird if these are all from the album. Most of them have been pretty good though!

12. derekjd

I feel like if we took these and added in Hands Dirty and the other singles from last year + the ep from 2017, it might be their most cohesive record yet? Their albums have always felt a little too long and a little disorganized to me. Really hoping this is the one and that it follows the Long and Happy Life sound. I know they got big off Bottom of the River, but I'm always drawn more to their blue eyed soul/pop/country stuff.

irthesteve likes this.
  13. irthesteve

OK now I am confused, is this a re-release, why do I know this song

14. irthesteve

Oh, this is like, the 3rd version of this song for some reason

15. irthesteve

"These will not be on an album, they will exist as they are, 7 singles for your listening pleasure. But in terms of another album, do stay tuned is all we can say! "

16. derekjd

Oh, that's interesting.
    I may still play around with them and make myself a delta rae album. We'll see.

irthesteve likes this.
  17. irthesteve

Yeah it seems like playing these tracks in an EP type thing is probably gonna be the easiest way to digest them in the future!

18. derekjd

Going to throw them in with the stand alones from 2018 and maybe the four track ep from 2017. If I come up with a tracklist, I'll drop it in here.

irthesteve likes this.
  19. irthesteve

hell yeah

20. derekjd

Here's what I'm working with now. I love it, but think it might need to be trimmed down a bit...
    A long and happy life
    Heart won't break
    If I loved you
    I moved south
    Walk with me
    Ain't love
    You can tell him
    Hands dirty
    You can tell him
    Hitch a ride
    No peace in quiet
    Do you ever dream
    No dry eye in the chapel
    Thoughts?

Matthewconte and irthesteve like this.
  21. irthesteve

I'll give a listen to everything together soon and see whats up!

22. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

You’ve got You Can Tell Him on their twice. Other than that, I think this is good.

Hands Dirty feels like such an outlier compared to all the other singles

irthesteve likes this.
  23. derekjd

Oh, dip. You're right. Serves me right for writing quickly.
    That second you can tell should be one good cry.

irthesteve likes this.
  24. irthesteve

25. kbeef2 Jul 3, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 3, 2019)
    kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Jesus they’re already at 6x their goal

Apparently Taylor Swift fans interpreted this as a big statement against Big Machine (even though it wasn’t intended as such) and are throwing their weight behind it. Which is wild but incredibly fortuitous!

irthesteve likes this.