Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Deftones Band • Page 91

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Callum Macleod, Mar 16, 2016.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Gore seemed to me at the very least to be their best critically received album in a while. Obviously die hards have shit on every deftones album since WP for one reason or another so I ignore all that and usually look at critical reception

inwaves and beachdude42 like this.
  2. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

die hards didn't think the album was hard enough iirc which was weird selective listening on their part imo given an album with a title track like that

inwaves, sophos34 and beachdude42 like this.
  3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

It blows my mind that there are even Deftones fans who only like the stuff from WP or earlier. I know there’s that “early stuff was best” segment of the fanbase which exists for almost every major band, but Deftones have been so incredibly consistent. Regardless of opinions on Gore (I love it), I honestly can’t understand the arguments for Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokon NOT being top-tier Deftones albums.

vidiviciveni likes this.
  4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

It’s always been weird to me that any fanbase could be dismissive of future albums. Like if you love an artist you should always be able to find something of worthwhile in a new album.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

For example the new APC album isn’t on the level of previous albums, but I dig some stuff on it.

airik625 likes this.
  6. christsizedshoes

Trusted

To be fair, I think DE was really well received by almost everyone. The last two have understandably been a little more controversial for the OG fanbase by focusing more on mood/texture and 80s/90s influences.

7. Bane

The spiciest meme

I'm gonna admit that Gore is on the lower end of their discography for me but they have such a strong discography that that doesn't mean too much. I don't dislike a single one of their albums.

8. "Bloody Cape" has one of the hardest outros of all-time

9. JM95

Trusted

Somewhere on my laptop I've got a pro-audio performance of Bloody Cape from Download 2003 where the band cut out right before the last line, leaving just Chino's visceral, unfiltered scream - "GOD HELP ME, GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!"

LightWithoutHeat and Aaron Mook like this.
  10. FuuuuuUUUUUccck I need to hear this

11. JM95

Trusted

Here you go MEGA

12. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

They played Moana at a show the other night. I would do anything to see that song played live.

13. navidson

Regular

Have loved Deftones ever since i picked up 'Adrenaline' on import from a record store in Liverpool in 1995 - Followed them avidly ever since

I know i'm very much in the minority but 'Gore' is definitely one of their weakest albums, and I find myself very rarely returning to it (apart from 'Doomed User' and 'Phantom Bride')

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  14. JM95

Trusted

Quite enjoyed this

15. JM95

Trusted

LightWithoutHeat, stars143 and kyle like this.
  16. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I really enjoyed this. Thank you for sharing.

17. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

18. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Sometimes I’m writing a song and I’m like “this could use a Chino scream here.” But, you know, I can’t do that, so I have to write something else

Anthony Brooks and GEM37 like this.
  19. LightWithoutHeat

I love the full chorus/half chorus explanation.

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  20. LightWithoutHeat

That video gave me a greater appreciation for Diamond Eyes.

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  21. Mandala

Would You Still Be In Love?

It's Gore season fam

22. JM95

Trusted

Chino's choosing to spend his birthday evening with me.

By which I mean I'm seeing Deftones tonight and it happens to be Chino's birthday. I prefer the first version though.

23. White Pony was released 18 years ago today. I still remember buying the limited edition red jewel case version the day it came out.

angrycandy likes this.
  24. LightWithoutHeat

I hope they play WP the whole way through.

25. Change is so fucking good.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.