Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Deftones Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Callum Macleod, Mar 16, 2016.

1. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

already in my top 3

2. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

same. the last three tracks i think rival white pony in terms of album conclusions

3. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

"geometric headdress" is everything i want in a song

4. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

you could've told me the first few seconds of "geometric headdress" was actually gorguts and i would've believed you

5. angrycandy

definitely a highlight for me too

6. latenesswill

New In The City But Down For The Night

Really into the album, can't wait to absorb it through big headphones.

The Smashing Pumpkins comparisons are spot on. Definitely hearing Failure and Hum as well.

7. JM95

Trusted

They premiered Hearts/Wires on the BBC 1 Rock Show a couple of hours ago and the sound quality was much better than this vinyl rip. These songs are going to sound huge with proper sound.

8. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Oh my god you guys. I'm so pumped.

9. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Man I can't wait to check this.

10. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

But I will for just a little bit because I'm hooked on dvsn.

11. Jamie Dagg

Master of not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

Holy crap Rubicon as a closer... that shit is something else.

12. I downloaded but I haven't listened. Really trying to hold out.

13. angrycandy

Acid Hologram is an unreal song

14. christsizedshoes

Trusted

That's true too. I think if you took the more downtrodden halves of Mellon Collie, Fantastic Planet, and STP's No. 4, that sums up the general tone and texture of a lot of the stuff outside the two singles and "Phantom Bride."

I've always said KNY sounded like a 90s record, and this one does too - but exploring very little overlapping territory, so it's certainly not a KNY repeat by any means. "Graphic Nature" and "Rosemary" were probably the tracks that hinted most at where they were going next.

angrycandy likes this.
  15. JSNFRMN

Palm Dreams

Looking forward to seeing them live for the first time this year. Album been leaked?

16. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Gonna hold out but the anticipation is killer. Love this band so much.

Cameron likes this.
  17. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

"phantom bride" is just so fucking incredible i can't even

angrycandy likes this.
  18. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

none of this record feels like a retread of their past, which as much as i love the last two records they had moments that sorta felt like "oh this is where the deftones do this established style" (e.g. "prince" being "rx queen redux," and "entombed," incredible as it is, serving the exact same purpose on koi no yokan as "sextape" did on diamond eyes). everything feels really exciting and new and also thoroughly them

19. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

can't believe i've listened to this awful-sounding leak 4 times in a row

angrycandy likes this.
  20. Deathco_019

Drummer

Really enjoyed Hearts/Wires from the stream of it. Between that and what you all are saying about the leak, despite the poor quality, has my hopes back up a little bit.

21. alex miller

Regular

Well said. Love those albums but Gore is sounding so fresh so far (I'm only on Xenon right now, and I'm currently shitting my pants).

22. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

In the spirit of AP.net, I'm going to do some album ranking:
    White Pony > Deftones > Diamond Eyes > Around the Fur > Koi No Yokan > Saturday Night Wrist > Adrenaline

Judging from the reactions in here, it sounds like Gore will jump up close to the top.

23. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Do you have the vinyl rip quality? The vinyl rip file I have is 89mb and the songs are at 320kbs. I ordered the vinyl, so I wanted the files, but for some reason people weren't saying it was a good quality rip.

24. christsizedshoes

Trusted

The 89 MB vinyl rip, which as far as I know is all that's been floating around since yesterday, is definitely poor-quality. Even vinyl rips from audiophiles who spend thousands on special equipment to do it meticulously don't sound as good as digital-source files (assuming the vinyl and digital masters are the same). This one sounds like a guy using a cheap turntable plugged into the front of his desktop tower. When we get the "real" leak it will sound infinitely better.

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  25. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Hmm, interesting. Might delete the one I have then. I haven't listened to it yet, but it seems like people aren't happy with the quality. I can definitely wait.