Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Deftones Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Callum Macleod, Mar 16, 2016.

1. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Hearts/Wires lives up to the hype and then some

2. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

You guys are killing me! Glad to hear it sounds awesome.

3. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

that was my favorite on first go through.

4. angrycandy

Pittura Infamante is entirely new ground for them and I love it

5. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

that outro on rubicon....like what was that going to go into?

6. JM95

Trusted

The intro to that really threw me off the first time I heard. Wasn't expecting it at all haha.

7. angrycandy

I wasn't ready for Gore

8. JM95

Trusted

By the way, anyone who hasn't heard it or is putting off hearing it until it's available with the full sound quality - Hearts/Wires is being premiered on the BBC Radio 1 Rock Show tonight.

Cameron likes this.
  9. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

Holy shit this is good.

10. angrycandy

Rubicon OMG

JM95 likes this.
  11. angrycandy

I think Rubicon has the chorus I always wanted to hear from this band. It's perfect.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  12. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Need to give it a full listen. Just downloaded this morning. Saving it for work on Monday

13. I don't think I can hold out anymore...:teethsmile:

14. christsizedshoes

Trusted

OK, I'm pretty impressed. I had all but conceded the idea of loving this album because the two officially-released tracks were so weak. Thankfully, it turns out they're not very representative at all.

Yesterday I saw several references to a Smashing Pumpkins influence, particularly Mellon Collie era. I feel like that's pretty relevant to a big chunk of the record, after first listen. KNY had a little of that too, but this is darker... think more like "Zero" and "Where Boys Fear to Tread." That's definitely oversimplifying, though... I'm not even sure how I'd characterize the influences for a lot of these tracks, other than to say they feel more like a conscious deviation from Deftones' core sound than anything they've done the past decade.

inwaves likes this.
  15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ughhhhhh you guys stahhhhhp

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

At least Hearts/Wires will hold me over.

17. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

This has me so pumped.

18. atlas

Trusted

I gotta hear this in higher quality but I loved it. Title track and Phantom Bride are an awesome one two punch

19. Michael

Regular Bitch

These comments are making me happy.

20. DesolateEarth

Birb

Hearing these reactions is making it so hard to not listen right now hahahaha but i am gonna hold out for the high quality versions.

21. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Cameron likes this.
  22. JM95

Trusted

The vinyl rip copy was never actually intended to be leaked. The guy who ripped it gave it to a couple of people and asked that it only be distributed among some non-newbie posters on sharinglungs (which is how I got hold of it pretty early this morning) in order to stop a shitty quality album leak flying around the internet for thousands of people to hear. Unfortunately some idiot gave it to a first-time poster and then that poster leaked it, which is why so many people have now heard it.

23. JordanKTM

@jordanmohler @killthemusictv killthemusic.net Prestigious

Speaking of leaks; any word on Entertain Me?

24. JM95

Trusted

Apparently the director had no legal right to release it or something like that. I can't remember if there's been anything about it since then.

25. JM95

Trusted

I cannot wait to hear this in pristine quality.