Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Deftones Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Callum Macleod, Mar 16, 2016.

1. cherrywaves

Trusted

I'm excited for this

2. Horrorca

Trusted

SNW is my favorite - I hope they do something atmospheric and textured like that, but everything they release is gold

sick that they're touring with Code Orange (would love to see the faces on the Dtones crowd, although they'd probably enjoy it)

also, I hope they release Eros some day

RIP Chi

3. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

I feel like I've read at least one review that compared this record to SNW, so you might be in luck.

4. cherrywaves

Trusted

You and I are in the minority haha

5. Horrorca

Trusted

yeah - it all boils down to the Stephen vs. Chino push/pull... I like it when its something like 60% Chino - 40% Stephen

6. atlas

Trusted

best band

7. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

Damnit I want Gore

8. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Not too much longer now

9. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

One week away!

Haven't listened to anything except the first single.

10. JM95

Trusted

I might have just heard Gore and Phantom Bride.

Oh my goodness...

11. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Hoping I get to hear this thing in full soon. Not gonna bother with individual tracks leaked.

12. angrycandy

Heard Gore (song) is heavy af

Cameron likes this.
  13. JM95

Trusted

It is, the heaviest thing they've done in ages. The ending is really intense.

14. Where did you hear them?

15. angrycandy Apr 2, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 2, 2016)
    angrycandy

I heard one of them. He says the word smother in it, all I remember of the lyrics. I assume it's PB or AH

EDIT: I'm 99% sure it was Acid Hollogram

16. angrycandy

Whatever it was, it was way better than either of the songs they have released

17. JM95

Trusted

They're flying about online, as is Acid Hologram. They're not the full quality versions though, some guy who has the vinyl of the album uploaded them from there.

18. stuckinvhs

Can't find these things :(

19. JM95

Trusted

I wouldn't worry that much, the quality's not great because it's a vinyl rip. They'll definitely take an extra dimension when they're heard as they're meant to be heard.

20. angrycandy

Yeah, the quality is pretty awful

21. stuckinvhs

Just hoping it's not like weezer and doesn't leak until the day before. I mean, it's an easy purchase for me. But I want it now.

22. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Gonna wait for the full thing, but the reactions over at sharing lungs have me stoked.

Cameron likes this.
  23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah that PRP review has me so pumped. Phantom Bride seems to be the track everyone keeps bringing up. Stoked to hear that one.

24. christsizedshoes

Trusted

As someone very underwhelmed by the two officially-released singles so far, I must say the vinyl leak of "Phantom Bride" is mighty impressive. Still retains a bit of that 80s aesthetic from P/T, but puts it to far better use. And I've never thought of lyrics as a particularly strong point of Deftones, but that track may have some of their best to-date.

For "Gore" and "Acid Hologram," I'll need plenty more listens before coming to a verdict. At the very least, I'd say these tracks find the band deviating from their somewhat-cemented formula of recent albums a bit more.

25. stuckinvhs

Can you help me out?