Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Deftones Band • Page 131

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Callum Macleod, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah I remember OMNI, and BSN also coming out around DE.

2. JM95

Trusted

Rocket Skates coming out was quite the thing. It really felt like a new start, a refreshing of the band.

Weirdly I remember my first listen of the album being a struggle. I think they streamed it via the NME site and I was bored and turned it off half way through. It was only when I came back to it a couple of weeks later that it completely blew me away. One of my favourite memories of any new album, the euphoria it gave me when it clicked on that second listen.

Amazing record.

3. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Chino is on Zane Lowe today, yeah?

4. JM95

Trusted

Yeah he is

5. Philll

Trusted

It's strange because on most days I would say SNW is my favourite deftones record, and yet diamond eyes was such a necessary revitalization for the band. I can never quite wrap my head around how those two things are true at the same time.

6. atlas

Trusted

They put a bunch of Diamond Eyes 10 year merch up on their store for anyone who's into that sort of thing

Deftones

Cameron likes this.
  7. MathiasGeleyn

Regular

I remember listening to White Pony and ATF when I was young. After that I lost track of them. But in 2013 (l remember the moment for some reason), I was walking down the street with my ipod on and decided to listen to them again. When I got home later I searched for what they were doing and came across You've Seen The Butcher. Since that moment I instantly connected with their sound again. I hope I can see them live again real soon! Diamond Eyes is an amazing album!

8. cherrywaves

Trusted

I think I bought this the day it came out. Can't believe it's been 10 years. Omni and Cosmogramma too. Crazy

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  9. Happy 10th to "You've Seen the Butcher," the true GOAT

10. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Truly a 10/10 album for me, one of my all-time favourites. Think my top 3 = 976-Evil, Sextape and Beauty School (all the soft songs!) but every song is out-of-this-world good. That riff in CMND/CTRL :explode::explode::explode:

12. What did he say about the new album?

13. LightWithoutHeat May 4, 2020
    (Last edited: May 4, 2020)
    LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Not too much more than what’s in that clip. They worked with Terry Date and it might get released this summer or it might not.

Cameron likes this.
  14. JM95

Trusted

His playlist is really cool. Worth listening more for that.

15. I just remembered watching the livestream for this the day Diamond Eyes came out

riotspray and Carrow like this.
  16. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

17. atlas

Trusted

was kinda hoping there'd be a little more to the presentation than the music videos and a CGI owl, but, not gonna pass up a chance to listen to the album

riotspray likes this.
  18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I wanted to go to this show so bad. It was at a local venue that holds like 600 people. The show was announced the day of and tickets went on sale immediately and sold out in like 10 minutes.

19. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Listen to his work with Sepultura. But also the early Soulfly records and the first Cavalera Conspiracy record, and the Nailbomb record... He's great. But his Sepultura stuff is ESSENTIAL

cherrywaves and Cameron like this.
  20. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Gonna have to give my diamond eyes vinyl a spin. Might be my favorite artwork of any of my records

21. Deathblow

I’m gonna cry when deftones cancels their tour

22. atlas

Trusted

happy birthday to their best record :^)

23. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

glad you’re on the right side of history

24. LightWithoutHeat

25. LightWithoutHeat

Unbelievably she asks a lot about Eros, BUT Abe does talk a bit about their new album and a return to their “core sound” with Terry Date. Best news all year.

Cameron and Petit nain des Îles like this.