Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Deftones Band • Page 119

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Callum Macleod, Mar 16, 2016.

1. atlas

Trusted

I paid almost that much for this band and even more for Rage... on the same day

2. Just wait till you find what I paid for MCR tickets haha

beachdude, SpyKi, phaynes12 and 2 others like this.
  3. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I must not have any concept of what's expensive for tickets because I am willing to pay well over $200 per ticket for certain bands. I'm also very aware that touring is pretty much the only way musicians make money nowadays, so I don't really harbor any ill will over inflated prices. I feel like some folks expect ticket prices to stay at what they were in 2009 with no regard for how much inflation has occurred.

4. MathiasGeleyn

Regular

How can it be that tickets in the US are so expensive? The big festivals in Belgium don't cost that much for one day. If Deftones would do a club show here, it would probably be like $40.

5. JM95

Trusted

Given Rage have been brought up - I paid £86 yesterday for a day ticket for Reading Festival on the Sunday they're headlining. Full festival lineup for the equivalent of about $110.

6. Bane

The spiciest meme

Depending on who it is I don't mind paying a bit more, like I paid around $300 to see Kendrick lol and something like when I went to Coheed/Mastodon/Every Time I Die last year I would have paid waaaaaaay more than I did because I love all 3 bands dearly. But yea stuff can get pretty pricey. The service fees and what not are usually what really feel the worst imo

skogsraet likes this.
  7. socklord

Trusted

Well I've seen Deftones twice before and only paid about $40 or so to see them the first time on a regular headlining tour for them. The second time was with Rise Against and Thrice, but I don't remember what I paid because I got my ticket through Groupon.

I imagine the price is so high this go around due to the venue they're hitting in Philly and the fact that they're bringing Gojira out on tour with them and not, like, Spotlights or some band of that stature

phaynes12 likes this.
  8. JM95

Trusted

9. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

stop teasing me :anguish:

beachdude and LightWithoutHeat like this.
  10. So they’re still not done?!?

11. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

The photo is dated from last May!

kyle likes this.
  12. LightWithoutHeat

I got a quick jab of euphoria seeing Terry Date there. This album is going to be good.

13. atlas

Trusted

the fact that they're posting pictures confirming his involvement makes me feel like we gotta be close. but I've said that before obv. but their Australian tour is coming up soon....

14. Welp, but the confirmation of Terry Date's involvement gives me hope anyway

15. [​IMG]

Copped from their subreddit

16. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

The fact that they’re really taking their time with it gives me good feelings. Also seriously cannot understate my excitement to hear Terry Date’s production on a Deftones record again.

17. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

an announcement has gotta be coming any day now

beachdude likes this.
  18. LightWithoutHeat

riotspray, phaynes12 and beachdude like this.
  19. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

makes me a little worried the album isn't coming as soon as i want, haha

LightWithoutHeat and beachdude like this.
  20. It sounds like it's definitely coming this year though so if we have to wait til November like we did with KNY I am just fine with that.

21. Yeah I think we're certainly not going to hear it before the end of summer

beachdude likes this.
  22. Awww I’m sad

23. nohandstoholdonto

Would be weird to me if it didn’t come out in time for the summer tour but who knows

24. atlas

Trusted

honestly I don't even care when it comes out this band has such a full and rich catalog that it could sustain me even if they decided to never make new music again

beachdude likes this.
  25. nohandstoholdonto

been really fucking with Around the Fur lately.