Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Deftones Band • Page 118

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Callum Macleod, Mar 16, 2016.

1. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Gore didn’t do a whole lot for me either, although Acid Hologram might be one of their best.

skogsraet likes this.
  2. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Acid Hologram is easily one of their best songs. nothing else like it

SlappinCups, beachdude and skogsraet like this.
  3. navidson

Regular

Think i'l dig Gore out and listen to it in the car tomorrow - See if anything has changed in my mind!

4. Philll

Trusted

Gave Gore a listen this morning. It's got flaws but most of it is incredible. I think I'm one of the few who doesn't care much for the title track.

5. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Rubicon

6. I'm such a big fan of Abe's drum part on Xenon.

7. LightWithoutHeat

In my opinion they have the best album closer catalog of any band on the planet. Every single one is incredible.

8. socklord

Trusted

Nah, I was talking about Deftones

Damn, both SNW and Gore are among my top four favorite Deftones albums. I just listened to both recently and they’re top notch. Wonderful balance of beautiful atmosphere and heavy aggression.

If I have any complaints about either album, it’s that SNW peaks early and Pink Cellphone exists, and I think Gore kinda hits a lull in the middle of the album in addition to its questionable production.

Even then, there are so many great songs on both that make coming back to those albums so worth it time and time again. In SNW’s case, it took me a long while, but I’ve really come around to appreciating that record more now than I ever have before.

9. Bane

The spiciest meme

Beware is one of my favorite Deftones songs, I love how sinister it sounds

10. JM95

Trusted

Coming back around the fur.

beachdude and airik625 like this.
  11. atlas

Trusted

Whew tickets for this tour were not cheap. Don't care though. Haven't been in town in 3 years

beachdude and LightWithoutHeat like this.
  12. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Same. I thought fuck it just get one

beachdude and LightWithoutHeat like this.
  13. LightWithoutHeat

Yeahhh I spent a little bit on these. Haven’t seen them in 5 years though.

beachdude and ghostxvapor like this.
  14. socklord

Trusted

I was hoping the ticket prices I saw were just for presale tickets and good seats, but I’m getting the sense they are going to be expensive regardless

15. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

the presale tickets i saw for new york were like... bundles with a poster and etc. hoping straight up tickets are cheaper today

16. Bane

The spiciest meme

It's nice after the My Chemical Romance and Rage Against the Machine madness to go back to getting a ticket for a show that is pain free. Scored one for Stone Pony, price was within my paying range

17. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

The pit tickets I was looking at yesterday were $200 but that was the bundle with merch and stuff. Hoping I can get a pit ticket today for $80 or less... any more than that and I might just wait and go with lawn and sneak my way down to the pit.

18. Bane

The spiciest meme

For the Stone Pony show with GA it came out to like $78 after fees

riotspray likes this.
  19. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

$78 is fairly reasonable - the Megadeth tickets I was looking at were $65 and then $94 after fees so I backed out.

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The Coheed NWFT tour is $60 after fees so these ticket prices are pretty surprising.

21. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

got em. $80. same price as underworld tickets, which i also bought today

22. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

gonna have to not go to another show for the rest of the year lol

23. socklord

Trusted

I just dropped $242 for two tickets in the orchestra section, holy fuck

24. JM95

Trusted

I wouldn't pay that for any band. That's pretty shit.

25. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

lol i did that for seats for rage