Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Deftones/Rise Against Summer Tour Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Full Effect Ed, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Eh, in markets with a rock station I feel like RA probably draws a bigger crowd. I know in the LA-area, due to heavy support of KROQ, RA can play arenas with certain support (or at least they have in the past) while Deftones have always been a theater band. In the area I live in (NYC-area), I think Deftones are still bigger.

2. Cmoney86

Trusted

rise against will headline half the tour and deftones the other its a co headline tour or the can do what papa roach and stone sour did or what seether and papa roach did and play full sets but the same band closing every night. one thing i do know is they will headline chicago if they dont i will be super pissed cuz im only going for rise and thrice

3. red8ge

Regular

lol rise against is a huge band

4. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I agree. Deftones almost sold out Coney Island's amphitheater last year while I believe the RA/KSE tour didn't sell out Central Park.

5. Phil507

Still bummed I missed that Deftones show last summer. Hopefully they still play plenty of tracks from Gore. Also, the Jones Beach date does NOT appear to be selling well as you can still pull up GA Pit tickets.

6. Behind the Barricade

Wow, that's pretty amazing and I don't think I've ever seen this before. The Orchestra tickets are almost all gone while only 1/3 of the pit tickets were sold. I'm expecting a heavily discounted Groupon and if it's still like this the day of, the mezzanine tickets will be upgraded to pit or stadium seats. Also, in years past, if a show sold like shit at PNC Bank Arts Center, they'd move it to the Pony Summerstage. Is there a venue on Long Island that is the equivalent?

7. Chinesefood

Regular

*Trigger Warning*

Deftones is way bigger than Rise Against.

Mtlman1331, joe.boy.fresh. and GEM37 like this.
  8. TMS2787

Trusted

This is why these "co-headlining" tours are a pure annoyance. Yeah it's cool to see these bands together but when they bill it as coheadliner, neither band will play as long as they would on their own tour and the "headliner" that goes first doesn't play as long as whoever closes the show. And there's always the debate on who's the bigger band.

GEM37 likes this.
  9. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Rise Against was bigger for a little while, but Deftones might currently be the biggest they've ever been. Which is impressive for a band that's been around so long.

10. Phil507

Was the same was for TBS/Dashboard last yaer. I don't think Live Nation has a similar venue that they could move this too. Ideally, this tour should have played the Brooklyn Ampitheater or other 5-6k capacity places as I don't think the majority of people who like these pans want to pay $60+ to inhale dick in a seat while watching from far away.

11. Behind the Barricade

With Deftones just playing there last year, it wouldn't have worked out well. I wonder why Pier 97 isn't still around? I remember seeing 311 there and it was an amazing venue.

himynameisdakota likes this.
  12. Phil507

That's a good question, I imagine Live Nation probably couldn't secure a permit there for a 3rd year or it was just a temporary solution until they finalized the Brooklyn Ampitheater. The problem, from what I see, is that the Coney Island Ampitheater is SO far for most people that I think it affects ticket sales.

13. Behind the Barricade

That's the problem. Especially if it's a weeknight show, it does take awhile to get out there via subway from Manhattan. The venue is great for people who live in Brooklyn, Staten Island and Central NJ.

14. Phil507

I live IN Brooklyn (Brooklyn Heights to be exact) and it still takes me over an hour to get there. Would be an hour 20 if I lived in the village still. And, yes, that venue IS great for people who live in Staten Island and NJ but I feel like a lot of same tours will often play Stone Pony summerstage so the motivation to go there from NJ is really low. Additionally, the demographic most of the shows cater to, probably are not living out in Coney Island.

I've actually only been there once (to see 311 last year) and thought the sound was AWFUL if you were in the pit but everything else about it seemed cool.

15. Behind the Barricade

Yeah I have a feeling it's not going to be around in 5 years. If anything, this is the perfect time for PNC to spruce everything up. I think they lose out on a lot of great tours to Camden and Jones Beach for not having a pit and not having it enclosed. Hey, I'd sacrifice a summer of no shows for a better design of PNC that can hold shows from April to October. The last 2017 show (so far) is the end of August. I think they can remodel the 100 section and enclose it by April of 2018.

16. Phil507

Since LN owns them all I assume they are usually always on the ampitheatre routing unless there are special circumstances. I agree that, with Camden being in close proximity and the Long Island/NY/CT people usually preferring to go to JB or the ampitheater in Hartford, PNC probably draws less people. They had the advantage on JB (to me at least, living in NYC both are about equal distance) in that they served booze and they provide a bus from the train station BUT now that JB has a pit and serves booze for select shows, they win out. That being said, I really detest ampitheatre shows as a whole as I prefer an arena or festival for "big" shows.

17. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

18. Chinesefood

Regular

GEM37 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  19. Davjs

Trusted

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  20. Chinesefood

Regular

A lot of dads like Deftones. There's gonna be a lot of dads.

21. Davjs

Trusted

I'm a dad :-) kids are still too young but I hope their first show is a show like this

22. red8ge

Regular

when i have kids i'm only gonna take them to emo shows so they end up hating it and decide to be rich jocks in protest who i can mooch off forever

23. korey011

Regular

I'll be going with my girlfriend and her father as well since he loves deftones lmao this is too relatable.

Chinesefood likes this.
  24. Phil507

Makes sense. If you got into them in the 95-00 era and you were a teenager you are now likely 33-40 or so.

Chinesefood likes this.
  25. Chinesefood

Regular

Haha yup, I saw them with my ex and her father in '13