Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Deftones Perform Two Songs on Kimmel

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Deftones performed “Prayers/Triangles” and “Hearts/Wires” on Jimmy Kimmel last night. The videos can be found below.

2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

The best part of "Hearts/Wires", the intro, and they didn't play it. Ughghghghghghg

3. Ska Senanake

Trusted

They probably didnt have time

4. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Those hair colors are interesting. At least Sergio is going for the full flamingo theme.

5. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Here you go.

6. CMilliken

Trusted

Do they not have a bassist? New to these guys.

7. Nick Martin

There are no answers. Only choices.

::heavy breathing::

Yes. Just yes.

8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I'd say just go to their Wiki page

9. JM95

Trusted

Sergio their bassist has been playing a six string bass on the new songs. That's what he'splaying there.

10. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Their original bass player, Chi Cheng was in a car accident in 2008 that put him into a coma, later resulting in his death in 2013. Some time around 2009, they started working with their current bass player, Sergio Vega.

CMilliken likes this.
  11. JJ Pagan

Trying Hard Not To Look Like I'm Trying That Hard

I love this band but an 8-string guitar will never not look ridiculous to me.

12. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Did some research on this, this is a Fender VI. Tuned an octave down from a normal guitar, somewhere between a normal guitar and bass in size. Really cool, I love the sound with Sergio playing that, steph with the 7-8 string, and chino with the normal SG.

Fender Bass VI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia