Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Deftones - Ohms (September 25, 2020) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JM95, Aug 20, 2020.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yeah, i loved that. really enjoyed the extended riff at the end, especially knowing the context that it ends the album. chino sounds greaaaaatttt too.

2. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Yeah that was me. He’s clearly playing it in the video but doesn’t look like he touches the top 2-3 strings each time they cut to him.
    Video rules a lot. Code Orange was mentioned before, but it did remind me of a less intense version of one of their visuals.

3. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Song didn’t do it for me

mescalineeyes likes this.
  4. phaynes12

hearing him discuss it in the pass, id imagine that even when he isn’t playing extended range stuff, he’s always using the 7

Micah511 likes this.
  5. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Riff is so whimsical. Much sunnier than most Deftones riffs, love it.

6. airik625 Aug 21, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 21, 2020)
    airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

It’s about the only site I order records from anymore. Free shipping over $30 and doesn’t charge you until it ships.

also I finally got around to listening to the title track. It’s awesome, but definitely not what I was imagining when thinking of a Deftones closing track. Sounds more like an opener. I can see it growing on me for sure though.

I love the lyrics though.

Carrow and phaynes12 like this.
  7. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

I see some gold colored LPs popping up online

8. phaynes12

yeah i grabbed from bull moose

airik625 and Michael Qualiano like this.
  9. phaynes12

[​IMG]
    the picture banquet records has up. pretty into it.

10. Micah511

I haven't chosen a variant yet, but for y'all's sake, I hope that is a transparent gold/yellow. The one solid colored "gold" record I have is one of the worst sounding albums I have that I know sounds okay on other colors.

11. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

it’s actually a 9-string in the video!

12. Micah511

I don't nerd out about guitar gear much these days like I did when I was a kid, but I don't think I knew 9 string guitars were a thing, haha.

13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

my favorite deftones visual is youve seen the butcher. all time music video.

14. atlas

Trusted

I went for the clear/zine/T shirt bundle that’s definitely too expensive but I am a fool who will be irresponsible for my fav bands

coleslawed likes this.
  15. Micah511

Very surprised there isn't any disclaimer about vinyl being delayed. If they get all that merch out on time on this quick of a rollout that's impressive.

airik625 likes this.
  16. LightWithoutHeat

The only other person I know who uses them is Joshua Travis of Glasscloud/Emmure. It’s a pretty insane level of heavy. I wonder if Stef used it all over the album or if this was just for show.

17. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

That metallic or rainbow artwork for the clear is pretty tempting too. Just can’t afford nearly $50 on it.

Indie gold is sold out on Bull Moose now.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  18. Jim Aug 21, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 21, 2020)
    Jim

Trusted Supporter

damn wanted to buy the gold from bull moose and its sold out now

edit: nvm I was able to get one some how

19. LightWithoutHeat

This is true. He sets up his seven strings to repeat the high E when playing albums that used six strings. Learned it from Wes Borland.

20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Song is a big nothingburger

mescalineeyes likes this.
  21. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I like Ohms more every time I hear it

22. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

yes!!!!

also imo "change" is just as creepy and cool a video now as it was at the time

23. Philll

Trusted

Each to their own, but takes like this make me feel like I've heard a completely different song. Like it or not but to act like it isn't interesting baffles me.

24. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I wonder how many people truly don't like it and how many of them are just upset they didn't get exactly what they wanted

25. scooped up the exclusive vinyl from their Webstore with the metallic rainbow cover

phaynes12 likes this.