Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Deftones - Ohms (September 25, 2020) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JM95, Aug 20, 2020.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

oh jesus fuck that opening riff

2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

gonna break my no singles rule tomorrow

3. atlas

Trusted

last 50 seconds are just pure bliss

4. This song is fucking great y'all, let me replay it and have a moment

[​IMG]

coleslawed likes this.

5. Out at midnight local time!

6. I remember hearing Pittura Infamante for the first time and being thrown off right away by the intro and how uplifting and unDeftones it sounded like. This single gives me the same feeling. Both songs share that bluesy vibe too.

I might be sleep deprived but I'm suddenly hearing Moneen in that opening riff too. Even the drums sound right out of The Red Tree during that short part.

Carrow likes this.
  7. strangeterrain

Regular

Sub time

8. I haven’t even listened to the song yet but I’m gonna pre order the shit out of this.

LightWithoutHeat and airik625 like this.
  9. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Definitely gonna get high and watch that video premiere.

10. LightWithoutHeat

Holy shit that ruled! Easily one of their best music videos. The song is so fucking amazing.

Crisp X likes this.
  11. atlas

Trusted

12. LightWithoutHeat

Snapped up that hoodie and vinyl quick.

13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

the guitar tones we're dealing with on this song make me extremely stoked for this record. like, beyond stoked. what an incredible sound they've got going here.

14. Bane

The spiciest meme

Fuck I really wish I had some weed right now, Ohms the song seems to fit along perfectly for a nice smoke and listen just like so many other Deftones songs, I'm hyped. And going with the first single being the closer....Code Orange did that earlier this year with Underneath and it worked out fantastically so hell yea.

JM95 likes this.
  15. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Amazing music video. The boys are back.

16. Yeah it's not like the bar was high but the music video is easily their best in a long time? The last one I can vividly recall is Sextape.

And considering how much of a different closer it is for them, and the little glimpse of the previous song's outro we hear, I wonder if it is preceded by a more classically long and crushingly heavy song, with this single serving more as a relieving This Place Is Death-y coda.

Probably not making sense, but I'm just excited to find out how well the whole thing flows. They always make their albums feel like journeys.

17. Philll

Trusted

Listened a couple of times now. This band does not fucking miss, huh? Loving it. Surprised by just how different it sounds for them, but still undeniably deftones. Aside from all the obviously killer riffs, I love that one classic deftones chord they hold through the pre-chorus. Sounds like Stef is just having the best time.

Bring on September 25th

18. They're doing an indie exclusive for this and it appears to be on gold wax. Haven't seen UK/EU preorders anywhere yet?

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  19. JM95

Trusted

Genuinely surprised the video is good. You're right - easily the best since Sextape and one of their only good ones ever. Really cool visuals.

20. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Caved and listened, hopefully just that once, but I’m ready — love the video too

LightWithoutHeat and airik625 like this.
  21. Ohms is chill and groovy, I dig it a lot.

Does anyone know what the zine in the bundles includes?

22. phaynes12

the prices on some of the items are absurd. might wait for a pressing by some retailer

23. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Went with the indie gold from Bull Moose.

24. phaynes12

wasn’t sure how legit that was since i’ve never heard of them

25. phaynes12

clearly a 7 string on this (someone a page or so back asked about it). he just isn’t chugging on the low B.

Micah511 likes this.