Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Deep Elm Selling Entire Catalog for $265

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

You can buy the entire Deep Elm Records catalog on Bandcamp for $265.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Who could possibly need this? I can’t imagine anyone who is a fan of the label needing this and I definitely can’t see a casual listener investing this much.

3. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

If you're a deep elm fan, but don't have much or any of it in lossless, then $265 for immediate access to the entire collection in FLAC is nothing to sneeze at.

sawhney[rusted]2 and Orla like this.
  4. dubey

Regular

Those Deep Elm comps were:ok:

Orla and hermanthehermit like this.
  5. FloatUpstream

Regular

Any notable bands to check out from this label? Never heard of Deep Elm before now

6. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Appleseed Cast is a personal fave. They're not exclusive to Deep Elm, but released a few albums on that label.

sawhney[rusted]2 and SAB22 like this.
  7. mrpeepers32411

Newbie Supporter

If you are into punk Latterman is a killer band. More specifically their album "No Matter Where We Go...!"

Former Planets and SAB22 like this.
  8. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I’ve always favored “We are Still Alive” but seeing them play “No Matter Where We Go” in full at Fest a few years back was a highlight of my decade.

Orla likes this.
  9. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

They had lots of post-rock artists and some classic sounding emo, now Lights & Motion grows quite strong (from Sweden), obviously they used to release The Appleseed Cast or Brandtson, but also Athletics (FFO: Moving Mountains, gates, The Appleseed Cast), Dorena, Moonlit Sailor (both from Sweden again). Lots of popular compilations like Emo Diaries. This is what I loved from just what I remember now.

FloatUpstream likes this.
  10. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

This is on of my favorite post-rock albums ever, coming from Sweden, they had a few bands that sounded amazing!

Nuet, by Dorena

FloatUpstream likes this.
  11. Depends what you like, but Camber and Benton Falls are worth checking out if you want some old school emo, and Cast Before the Break if you want some longer form songs similar to early Moving Mountains.

Bartek T. likes this.