Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Decaydance Records: An Oral History

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Forty Five has a great new oral history all about Decaydance Records. The part about Snakes on a Plane, specifically, brought back quite a few memories:

Midtown had broken up so Gabe was trying to figure out what he was going to do next. He had a song called ‘Bring it’ he was working on that had a cool vibe. Sisky from Academy called and said, ‘There’s a movie called Snakes on a Plane that might be the worst movie of all time. We should try to get our song ‘Black Mamba’ in it’. A friend of mine was the music supervisor on the movie, so I called him and asked if we could get the song in. He said there weren’t going to be songs in the movie, only score, but I convinced him to let us do a soundtrack. We went to Gabe and told him he needed to add some parts to ‘Bring it’ to be about snakes on a plane. He wasn’t super happy with me at the time but he was a team player.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

This is going to be an awesome read.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  3. simonthebutler

Regular

Great read, I was only thinking about Decaydance fest in London the other day. It was such a fun show.

4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Fun read, really didn't know that it was Pete's baby haha

5. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Really interesting read. Travie's quotes are some of the best parts of this

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  6. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

This is hilarious, never knew there was a connection

7. RaginCajun

Better than you, sorry

... and then Gabe had to one up the whole thing. Instead of just snakes he had to do Cobra. And then instead of planes homeboy went Starship.

8. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Really enjoyed that, thanks for sharing @Jason Tate

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Enjoyed that too! Loved to see The Hush Sound mentioned again, overally quite a troubling, yet inspirational piece.

10. Rob Reed

Newbie Supporter

I really enjoyed reading this. Definitely had me going back to listening to The Hush Sound.

11. Jacktheskipper

Regular

Someone needs to bring the Lifetime Self Titled record to streaming services please!

Bartek T. likes this.
  12. ghostxvapor

Trusted

This one?

cherrywaves likes this.
  13. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Oh! But well, it's not on my Spotify either - now I see the link but it's greyed out and marked as not available in my country, ehh...